Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

ok, so I am in the process of changing up my room, but I thought I would share some of the pictures as I go. Here is a picture of the Subs I went with. I made the boxes myself as well as the cables to go from the amp to the subs, these are a 4ohm Vs. Klipsch 8ohm setup. I had to go through a breakin period of a day or so, but the first movie I watched with them was the Dark Night..... I don't think I quit grinning for about a week.

~ross

post-33870-13819583509646_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Friend of mine sold me a portion of his system and it's been with for more than a year now: A pair of KPT-8001 cinema speakers, a center (uncertain which model), JBL sub, and a Yamaha HTR-5740. Never really minded it that much since I really bought it to help him out. Just recenetly my 2-yr-old son decided to clean my receiver and sprayed water all over it. As this was an unexpected "tragedy", got a Denon-2803 on Craigslist (for 99 bucks!) and now am starting to discover the wonderful intricacies of the new world of home theaters [:D] Anyway, the KPT-8001 are presently my fronts. I know floors should be more appropriate but hopefully these would do for the meantime. I jsut recently got an open-box deal for XB-10s and am using them as my surrounds.

Quick question to you guys: the XB-10s seem to be putting out significantly less sound during videos. And for some reason, the KPT-8001s seem to have a "flat" type of sound. Are these issues because of the quality speakers or receiver settings? Is it absolutely necessary that the KPT-8001 be used as surrounds only and should not be used as fronts?

Will post pics of my setup this evening. Thanks!

Maybe it's a little off topic, but how about HT stories to the night skies?????

Toys resting in the garage......

IMG_2781.jpg

These are my two "Night Sky" home theater enablers......to enjoy "widescreen" panaramas of the cosmos...Unfortunatley...no surround sound is included, but a small portable radio outside works pretty well. HEH.

BELOW:: Toys in action......far away from city lights.......

IMG_2396.jpg

Any astro fans out there??...just maybe?? LOL

sound off!!

Hey there buckeye, the scopes are great, you may get this if your an astro guy...

Our 2 sons names are Tycho and Kepler. If you need further explanation (hopefully not) let me know.

here are some pics of my setup, still waiting on rc-62 to show up running rb-51's, in the rear and soon to have rb-61's and using the rb-51's as the outside 7.1 speakers for now. Rf-62s which had the room to fit the rf-82's or even the rf-83's but my room isnt big enough to even hold the rf-82s.

%3Ca%20href=Rf-62 speakers%3Ca%20href=Photobucket%3Ca%20href=RB-51 speakers

Quick question to you guys: the XB-10s seem to be putting out significantly less sound during videos. And for some reason, the KPT-8001s seem to have a "flat" type of sound. Are these issues because of the quality speakers or receiver settings? Is it absolutely necessary that the KPT-8001 be used as surrounds only and should not be used as fronts?

Welcome to the Forum, Reiner. Glad to hear you are plunging headlong into Home Theater! Sorry, but I do not know those KPT-8001s at all. Your question would be better received (more will see it) if it were it's own thread. Go to the top of the "Home Theater" section, here. Then click on "Write A New Post".

• Moderators

i did really like the 63's i just wonder if they are any taller and wider than my 62's

Wonder no more.

RF-62 Dimensions

HEIGHT 40.6" (103.1cm) (w/feet)
WIDTH 8.5" (21.6cm)
DEPTH 15.5" (39.4cm)

RF-63 Dimensions

HEIGHT 46.1" (117.1cm) (w/feet)
WIDTH 8.5" (21.6cm)
DEPTH 19.5" (49.5cm)

This shows a size comparison

300x300.aspx

Thanks I knew the 82's and 83's would be quite a bit taller which would offset my tv too much the deeper depth is what worried even with the 62's. I need to work on some wire management better to make more room hope in the future can go to the 63's since rest of my system are 6.5's i can get a little obsessive about matching same size speakers.

hey guys, long time no talk. The house is almost complete. I have about another month before we move in.

I have my theater room pretty much laid out, Ill get some pics later for you. Ill have my RF63s and RC64 up front running off my onkyo 876s and a emotiva xpa3 I picked up along the way. Im getting my RF62s back from my dad which will now serve rear surrround duty. I sold my RS42s. I have my berklines waiting to be unwrapped also.

later

This picture is old and I've changed out a few things since then. My system consit of:

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, PS 3 slim, Wii, Onkyo TX-SR705, HD FTA satellite, HD DVR (Brighthouse), APC H15 power conditioner, Harmony One remote, Ikea lED strips behind tv for backlighting. All cables and plasma wall mount from Monoprice.

Klipsch B-3's for fronts on custom stands, C-3 center, 4 Quintet 3's for surrounds, modified Sub-12

post-43954-13819583654996_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic