Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Gcoker I really love it. I spent a lot of time considering what I wanted. My first instinct was Sony, since IHO there XBRs are the best (minus Lowes) direct view TVs. So I thought about Sony Plasma, perhaps XBR even, for 10 grand. I had originally discounted DLP, because of my impressions of my brother in-laws 1st generation RCA DLP (that thing sucks) and sales people (in the High end places)that I would talked too when looking. After reading for a while about the 3-generation HD chip from TX, I went for a look at BB. I got a 50-inch (5063W) and its been great. I did loose my first lamp at $400.00 a pop, but it was covered on Samsung 1 year warranty, I also purchased the extended warranty from BB (be kind this was my first time doing that, I am usually against them). I would say get some at home extended protection. Using BB can be ok just make sure you know what you want, cause the sales staff will not help you. My line of thinking was I spent a little under 3 gs and with the changing technology I will replace it in 3 or 4 years as I would with an expensive/nice plasma. I think DLP is more bullet-proof in terms of burn in and handling. Having a very flat screen was not a must since the RF7s should be away from the back wall any way.

I would highly recommend the Samsungs DLPs or DLPs in general. I believe Samsung has even better models now with same or lower costs. Sony missed the boat, but they too have new technology out now. With technology changing the way it its, I am sure you can pay more for a better picture, but DLPs represent a great compromise in the consumers favor.

Hi guys, this is my floorstander in progress, its made of MDF. They are already finished, and you'll see the pics later. Let me know what you think of it, they arent the best speakers made, but this was my first project. and they never come out that good.

Wallie.

post-16541-13819255709668_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, this is my floorstander in progress, its made of MDF. They are already finished, and you'll see the pics later. Let me know what you think of it, they arent the best speakers made, but this was my first project. and they never come out that good.

Wallie.

post-16541-13819255712378_thumb.jpg

Nice setups guys....thanks for posting and keep 'em coming!1.gif

Jacksonbart - you have the makings of a nice room. You should consider making that a coved ceiling and painting the center portion black. Take a look at this guy's ceiling to see what I'm talking about:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/home-theater-panasonic-pt-ae300u-jt.htm

Hell...take a look at his whole room! It's one of the most tasteful HT rooms I've seen IMHO.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/19/2005 7:37:53 PM Wallie wrote:

Another one, nice and shinning with car wax.

----------------

What kinda paint did you use? regards Tony C

I wouldn't call this a home theater, but it serves it's purpose. In a 15 x 15 room I think that this is plenty (minus the tv). The sound definately blows you away sitting that close to RF-35's & RSW-15 (i'm sitting on the couch). The surrounds that you cant see are a pair of RS-35's. I have the capability for 7.1, but unfortunately I do not have the funds or the room for an additional set of speakers.

What this has tought me is that when looking at my next house I'll be planning a HT room, so a place with sufficient space for my speakers. After that then i guess i'll check out number of bedrooms & sizes.

post-16836-13819255719548_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 3/24/2005 8:25:11 PM DTLongo wrote:

Mine. Pic 1 of 2, the front array. (I hope the pic is not too large.)

----------------

Wow nice setup, get rid of the rabit ears and you could have that picture on some Kilpsch promotional materials 9.gif.

bytor,

Thanks. The 15 does pound in the room and I've actually only got it up about half way. As far as going for quality audio before video, I got the fronts and the center because i had a KLH center and older pioneers that sounded TERRIBLE together. Once I had the fronts with polk surrounds and a yamaha sub, I just couldn't deal. I decided that the TV would HAVE to wait till I was able to finish the speakers. Currently my reciever is a poineer vsx d811s, which isn't the best out there, but i'm probably going to leave that for some time and go for the TV next. The reciever does what I want it to do and has all the features, I question the power but everything i've seen says i should be ok.

The plan is new TV in a couple of months, and a power amp next year.

I attached a pic of the surrounds, my Girlfriend bought them for me for christmas. I think i have the best girlfriend.... she supports my obsession (at least to an extent).

post-16836-13819255725538_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic