Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

i wouldn't suggest buying anything to keep the wires off the gound. i would use styphone (cant spell it) blocks, wood blocks, any non conductive material before buying some cermic "towers" for $50 each. too cheap to do that.

i don't have any static problems, that i know of. i do have shielding issues to deal with. you've seen the wiring job, if you tie your power cables together, then you make your own issues. it was easy for me to shield everything so i didn't mind the new headache. i don't know if the shield makes a sonic difference, but it makes a visual difference with the tv. picture comes out more rich. you can see very close detail. where as some things blend together, with a shielded cable, everything sounds out. for example, buttons on a black suit. it's also neat to be able to tell suit jackets and pants apart, instead of a blur of black.

it's the little things it brings out.

Just thought I'd share. I've been slowing upgrading the old HTIB over the past 6 months. First, the 47" Philips LCD, then the PS3, then the decent into maddness. Dad gave me his "old" RB-3 speakers. So I had to get a new receiver to power those puppies. With the new receiver and speakers, I moved the old fronts and made them side surrounds for a Frankenstein 7.1. Then I noticed the sound was way off with the old HTIB center channel. I was lucky enough to find a matching RC-3II and buy it from fellow Klipsch forum member Boomac and I couldn't be happier. The sound is incredible, movies, music, tv...unbelievable. Here you go:

Front

Center up close

I'll be adding a new sub shortly and looking for some new surrounds this summer.

I agree rblanshard , a nice progression you have going there . I would be concerned about proper ventilation for your components though . I have the same cable box/dvr and it definitely runs warm and you are covering it's vents with the ps3 . Also the ps3 vents heat out of the right side which puts the heat right over your receiver which has it's vents on top . Probably not much to worry about unless you are cranking it but at the very least the heat from the cable box will shorten the lifespan of your ps3 .

I agree rblanshard , a nice progression you have going there . I would be concerned about proper ventilation for your components though . I have the same cable box/dvr and it definitely runs warm and you are covering it's vents with the ps3 . Also the ps3 vents heat out of the right side which puts the heat right over your receiver which has it's vents on top . Probably not much to worry about unless you are cranking it but at the very least the heat from the cable box will shorten the lifespan of your ps3 .

Some guys over at another forum said something similar about heat ventilation and cooking my PS3. Well, it's hard to ignore different guys from different forums saying the same thing. So I went home over lunch, moved the receiver over to the left side of it's shelf, the PS3 alone on the right and moved the cable box to the leaning book shelf on the left. Given all that, I should have plenty of room to let the PS3 breathe.

Hey, I've got that same stand!
Mine only holds the center channel, though. And the screw that holds
the little knobby thing at the bottom is stripped.

Yea, but you've got that cool component stand. Does your TV stand not allow for a center shelf? I had to "modify" mine to allow the RC-3II to fit on that center shelf. At the top, behind the front board, there's a non-supporting cross beam that the top knobby thing screws into. That was in the way. With my trusty flat-head screwdriver, I was able to pry that bad boy out of there allowing the RC-3 to fit nicely. Now I've got that top knobby thing just sitting in there with some tape on the back-side holding it in. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it.

I'll snap off a couple of new pics tonight and give you guys a better idea of what I'm throwing down.

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

Yea, you are right. I had already noticed that. I had a different layout before with the couch, and they were setup perfect, but when I rearranged, the one you see in the picture got burried. The other surround is wide open. I need to either find a different stand or a way to raise both to the same level. My plan is to eventually sell that couch and get 3 leather theater seats side by side. I already have plans for expanding the theater room once we buy a new house in the next couple of years. I have a very supporting wife, so one of our goals is to find a bigger downstairs just for the theater room. I want to eventually have all theater seating, with a second level raised behind the first. Then I will be getting a projector and screen and work on cleaning up the random assortment of movie stuff I have! I really like the looks of some of the setups on here with very clean walls etc...

• dtel pinned this topic