Walnut VRD amps

NOSValves

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sweet dude, now add up those receipts and let us know where we stand. Quit complaining about long hours and join the rest of us working stiffs who are working for the man. I can't stroll downstairs in my PJ's, light a smoke and turn on the tubes and La Scalas, so I do not feel sorry for you.9.gif

Colin

VRD = Valve Rollers Dream The amps can run almost anything with the pinout of the KT88 as in EL34, 6L6's and so on.

Mark,

Your looking at what I have built LOL !! I'm not building these ahead of time. I have all the components but no time and also the chassis is available in 2 types of wood Alder/Walnut and will be up to the customer. The finish is Minwax Tung Oil I believe I got the Idea from you there. It's incredible how many hours its takes to build and wire a set of these up I'm sure now that I have a layout finalize I can cut the time considerably.

Craig

----------------

On 6/9/2004 10:31:16 AM tillmbil wrote:

Sweet dude, now add up those receipts and let us know where we stand. Quit complaining about long hours and join the rest of us working stiffs who are working for the man. I can't stroll downstairs in my PJ's, light a smoke and turn on the tubes and La Scalas, so I do not feel sorry for you.
9.gif
----------------

Bill your hurting me dude ! I never stroll downstairs I live there !!

They look good craig , but " hey " important thing is how they sound .2.gif

If those were mine , olny thing i'd consider would be a black top plate and nickel plate the end bells . Then they'd look store bought for sure 9.gif In the looks dept ( if thats what you into ) then a black top plate would give better contrast to the glowing tubes as well as cleaning up the looks of the trannies by plating the end bells.

A simple feather duster is what i use to clean my pre-amp ( with black top plate ) " But " cleaning those dam markIII'S can be a real chour trying to get in around all the tube sockets and whatnot .

Stunning work Craig! Glad I own a pair. I am anxiously awaiting their birth.

As Dale mentioned, black top plates would look really nice. Especially with the nickel plated end bells I bought. 2.gif

But they still look great as is. Either way is fine really. 9.gif

----------------

On 6/9/2004 12:44:20 PM DeanG wrote:

I like 'em the way they are. I'm tired of pansy looking amps.

----------------

Come now dean , there just ideas .

2.gif

I don't think my pre-amp looks bad this way do you ? It's also walnut olny with a black top plate . Kind of gives it that finished look and removes a bit of the DIY stigma.

Pre2.jpg

post-10527-1381925591051_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/9/2004 1:12:59 PM NOSValves wrote:

As the saying goes your never going to please all the people. They are what they are !

----------------

No doubt !! and they are nice indeed craig no one said otherwise.

Sorry for even adding my 2 cents , was just thinking out loud .

Everyones getting so thin skin'ed around this place it's almost becoming a commentary instead of a forum.

OH !!! i better take that back before someone reports me to the moderators 14.gif