Walnut VRD amps

NOSValves

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only question other than how they sound (which we expect will be great) IS what are the ballpark figures to buy into them? No one is asking for an exact number (well actually it would be nice) but certainly you have some approximation of the costs of components, your labor, and desired profit for the effort? No need to break it down. Just give us a ballpark number or range.

Dale,

I wasn't being thin skinned just letting you know there done and finished. To late to make changes now. I like them like they are and like I said you can't please everyone. No offense intended.

The price is going to be somewhere around $2500 to $2700 a set.

Craig

I think they're perfect just the way they are. I'm sure if the owners want to change the tranny's endcaps, put in a metal toggle switch, a blue LED indicator, or cone feet, they could do that themselves later on down the road. I wouldn't sweat the small stuff, Craig...like you said, you can't please everyone!

Well, they please me! Now after sucking up to you, Craig, can I get my free pair?12.gif Then I could tell ol' Lam Ying Wing to stuff his yet-to-arrive BEZ 300B!11.gif

----------------

On 6/9/2004 5:44:06 PM jt1stcav wrote:

I think they're perfect just the way they are. I'm sure if the owners want to change the tranny's endcaps, put in a metal toggle switch, a blue LED indicator, or cone feet, they could do that themselves later on down the road. I wouldn't sweat the small stuff, Craig...like you said, you can't please everyone!

Well, they please me! Now after sucking up to you, Craig, can I get my free pair?
12.gif
Then I could tell ol' Lam Ying Wing to stuff his yet-to-arrive BEZ 300B!
11.gif
----------------

Man, you should start mailing these posters to all the amp manufacurers more often. By the end of the year you'll either open your first high end store or spend your time behind bars.2.gif

LOL...probably the latter is closer to the truth, eh? Oh well, sympathy will get me nowhere, plus I don't have those sad puppy-dog eyes to bat at Craig (unless he's into that sort of thing...you think? Nawwww)!9.gif

----------------

On 6/9/2004 5:26:42 PM DeanG wrote:

Oh yeah, they'll be there -- it sure ain't no coincidence that they're ready now!
----------------

Its really to bad they will never sound worth a darn because they will be played through stock Klipsch crossovers Heh ! Heck I haven't even had time to test them to see if there operatiing correctly but they sound fine 9.gif

Craig

Is it true that Trey is setting up some LaScalas?

Stock crossovers are fine as long as they're not too old.

I'm almost done with Tbabbs Type B's, then I have to hammer out Mark Maple's RF-7's -- and if I'm running on time -- I probably have time to build up a set of AA's. Should I build a set up?

2nd attempt.

These look great, Craig. The walnut with tung oil gives it a really classy look.

$2500 US is equal to almost $3400 Cdn and $2700 is $3671.20 for those of us in the Great White North.

Those of you going to Indy, please forward along your reviews. I am sure those of us not fortunate enough to go will still enjoy the pictures and comments. Is Mark going to bring along his Cherry for a demonstration? Nowhere better than before so many Klipsch experts. I will await the comments after the weekend. I will be finishing the final comments on report cards and entering last minute assignments.

Have a great weekend.