Best "Bang for the Buck" Klipsch Speaker?

texas42

While a lot of people out there can't afford or don't have the corners for Klipschorns; what would get your vote for the best Klipsch speaker for the price? Can be new or used, any series. My vote would go for the Fortes, even though I don't own a pair. I think they offer the most full range, open dynamic presentation for the dollar of any model Klipsch has ever had. I know you can pay more for a pair of Chorus, Cornwalls, LaScalas, etc, but I think the price/preformance lines intersect at this model. What are your thoughts?

That is an interesting question. I agree that it would depend on how much one has to spend.

If you've got a hundred bucks, get one of those reburbed ultra Promedia 2.1A systems. Those little rascals are better than the sound systems in 85% (maybe more) of the homes in America. I've heard them and will tell you, they sound so good, considering the price, they are scary. No speaker should sound that good for $100. No kidding.

To put together a conventional system, I'd be happy enough to have a pair of Heresy's and sub. Killer 2.1 HT right there. You can make them sing with a $40 HK-430 off Ebay and even live well w/o the sub.

If you've got the corners and the scratch to get Khorns, that is one huge bang for the buck setup right there. It would cost many thousands of dollars to better them AND... even if you've got the bucks to do better... very few of the old farts who populate this forum haven't got the ears to hear any better anyway!9.gif

----------------

On 6/20/2004 4:25:03 PM texas42 wrote:

My vote would go for the Fortes, even though I don't own a pair. I think they offer the most full range, open dynamic presentation for the dollar What are your thoughts?

----------------

Even though I'm very biased in this aspect...(cuz I own a pair) I agree wholeheartedly!!!

k-horns can be found for steal considering the sound quality, mine were $1,500, I would call these best bang for buck...if you want bang for buck at a lower price level, some beat up industrial la scalas come up on ebay from time to time for next to nothing, regards, tony

For those folks suggesting K-horns or Cornwalls, lets not forget the original question that started this thread:

"While a lot of people out there can't afford or don't have the corners for Klipschorns; what would get your vote for the best Klipsch speaker for the price?"

Thus, the question speaks to those of us on a budget, lets not forget the KG-4's. This is a neat little speaker that can be found for less than $250, and can give some of today's $1200 - 1500 speakers a run for their money. Next on the list would probably be Heresy's. Then, likely a used pair of RF-3's.

Klipsch to me is all about fully horn loaded speakers. That would mean that I wouldn't have anything other then a LaScala, Belle, or Klipschorn. They are well worth the money, more so then any of the other speaker lines that Klipsch had or has.

----------------

On 6/21/2004 11:42:03 AM Guy Landau wrote:

----------------

On 6/21/2004 10:34:24 AM tubelover wrote:

I think that Guy Landau is French too.----------------

I don't think so.

----------------

Then what are you Guy? Which Klipsch speakers do you own?