Vote of Support for Moderator(s)

Absolutely.

Vocal support decreased after accusations ensued that those in support were often the worst violators. Even if true, it appears that these people were at least able to modify their behavior, while those who for the most part existed to antagonize, are either gone, or posting less and less.

I noticed in the referenced thread that Amy said she was looking for the "ridiculers". Since my weapon of choice is cynicism as opposed to sarcasm, it appears that I'm safe for now.9.gif

heh, The moderators job is one of those that when things are good Moderators get ignored and never noticed. Its not till all hell breaks loose are moderators noticed and then they are branded the badguy!

Anyway, Cudo's to you Amy, your doing a fine job russling this pack of wild audiophillies.

Add me in as a staunch supporter of Amy, Trey, and who ever else they have hiding back there...:>). It's a tough job, and there are many who don't like it, but you are doing the job you said you would. Regardless of who says what, fulfilling the responsibilities that are admonished you is honorable.

Popbumper9.gif

The purpose of this forum is to help support Klipschs world-wide cadre of horn lovers. Insults hurt a few, but shutting down the thread or forum hurts all of us, Klipsch included. Warn, edit and banish the offenders, but give the addicted posters like myself our daily fix. Forum love is the drug I am thinking of. If I am NOT complaining, then I must be happy with the moderators.

10.gif

Bumper---Well moderating is a needed job but I'd hardly call it a tough one. Working on the cast-house floor of a blast furnace during a pour, that's a tough job.

Reminds of the guy who went to the circus and went to see the elephant walk. A circus employee was cleaning-up after the elephants and cursing and muttering under his breath the whole time.

So the vistor asks the fella why, if he doesn't like his job, doesn't he just quit?

The fella looks at the visitor, amazed, and says "What, and leave Show Business?"

It has been better here of late and thanks needs to go to Amy and Trey for attempting to rein in the minority who have difficulty containing their enthusiasm. I like the odd shot, sarcasm, etc... as well as the next person, but the Christmas bloodletting was over the top and it had to be put to an end.

Amy, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it. As time goes we are getting used to you and what will and will not be accepted and more members are following the rules than before. Keep up the good work.

Don

Hello:

I support the Moderators.

I am curious if the Moderator were male instead of male. Would the same flak be given to a male?

Just a curious question.

Amy has done a great job, IMHO, it nice nice to come in and read Equipment questions, reviews of equipment and warnings of people to not to buy tubes from. Even though she has a difficult job, she has also displayed a sense of hunour and has stretched some of the Posting guidelines/Posts.

Trey has been a voice of clarity.

They are to be commended.

dodger

Ray,

Thanks for starting this thread.

Amy and Trey have done an excellent job in a difficult task of setting some boundaries for civil behavior that everyone agrees shouldn't have been necessary. Go figure as to why a number of "grownups" would regress as some have... so much so that the suits looking at the cost/benefit equation of the forum saw it headed to tip the scales in a way that most forum members would consider most unfortunate. The number of folks banned is actually quite small, and that speaks well for the vast majority of members.

Earlier on, I have expressed my appreciation to Klipsch LLC for tasking Amy toward the end of keeping the forum going in good order. My thanks continues.

It is my sincerest hope that the forum is turning a corner for the good. IMO Amy and Trey have invested themselves in a way that is creative and redemptive.

KUTGW!

p.s. The most often spoken words in U.S. middle schools: "IT's NOT FAIR".

As participants, we all can help the moderators by being careful not to instigate, bait or resort to mean spirited name calling. Recently, some members were acting like spoiled, starved for attention children and they got exactly what they deserved. After all, this isnt Crossfire folks, its an audio forum. There's nothing wrong with debate and even argument but lets keep it to audio and related topics. Yea, theres a thin line but I have the distinct impression that most of us know exactly where that line is. In the future, if one of us pushes, somebody should step in with a cordial reminder.

I support members being able to offer products and/or services on the forum. Its best received, however, when recommendations come from others. If youre prepared to accept criticism as well as praise, I say, bring it on. Again, most of us will reach the appropriate conclusion as to who is on the level and who is not. My personal experience suggests that our moderators have also done a good job in this area.

----------------

On 6/30/2004 4:41:50 PM DaddyDee wrote:

Ray,

Thanks for starting this thread.

Amy and Trey have done an excellent job in a difficult task of setting some boundaries for civil behavior that everyone agrees shouldn't have been necessary. Go figure as to why a number of "grownups" would regress as some have... so much so that the suits looking at the cost/benefit equation of the forum saw it headed to tip the scales in a way that most forum members would consider most unfortunate. The number of folks banned is actually quite small, and that speaks well for the vast majority of members.

Earlier on, I have expressed my appreciation to Klipsch LLC for tasking Amy toward the end of keeping the forum going in good order. My thanks continues.

It is my sincerest hope that the forum is turning a corner for the good. IMO Amy and Trey have invested themselves in a way that is creative and redemptive.

KUTGW!

p.s. The most often spoken words in U.S. middle schools: "IT's NOT FAIR".

----------------

I don't really have anything else to say. Dee said it very well.

Bob

"while those who for the most part existed to antagonize, are either gone, or posting less and less."

Or, looking at the other side of the coin, maybe those that are gone or are posting less and less were tired of the few that existed to antagonize or to use this forum for their own gain.

I think Amy should have been here 6 months ago.

Keith

Wonderful idea for a thread. Many thanks to Trey, Amy and the other less visible moderators that are trying to keep this site what it's supposed to be. Seems like in just the last week there are more of the good advice and recommendation threads and a lot fewer of the "less than inspiring" ones. Me thinks you guys are getting the point across and getting the board back on track. Thank you.

So why are the "antagonizers" still here if their purpose for being here is simply to antagonize? I think the other side of your coin is stuck to the table.

I was here for near 7000 posts before I made a dime off anyone, so I don't think you can say I'm here primarily for financial gain.

God forbid someone get a good deal on a service or product here that they can't get anywhere else.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming