Vote of Support for Moderator(s)

since the post was started...I too support the moderator and their efforts to get this forum back under control...imperfect though the results have been to date I applaud the idea behind it...now with a few more cuts we will be back to "normal"...warm regards, tony

----------------

On 6/30/2004 4:46:46 PM boomac wrote:

As participants, we all can help the moderators by being careful not to instigate, bait or resort to mean spirited name calling. Recently, some members were acting like spoiled, starved for attention children and they got exactly what they deserved. After all, this isn’t “Crossfire” folks, it’s an audio forum. There's nothing wrong with debate and even argument but let’s keep it to audio and related topics. Yea, there’s a thin line but I have the distinct impression that most of us know exactly where that line is. In the future, if one of us pushes, somebody should step in with a cordial reminder.

I support members being able to offer products and/or services on the forum. It’s best received, however, when recommendations come from others. If you’re prepared to accept criticism as well as praise, I say, bring it on. Again, most of us will reach the appropriate conclusion as to who is on the level and who is not. My personal experience suggests that our moderators have also done a good job in this area.

----------------

Ditto. Well said.

A thankless job (until now). Thank you both.12.gif

Thanks go to Ray and to the moderators for a difficult job well done!!!

I particularly enjoyed Trey's manner of dealing with the member that painted him into a pink tutu and combat boots. A good sense of humor can be a woderful eqaulizer. 9.gif

Bill

Some forum members who have helped many others improve our systems have "profited" from some of our improvements. What a great way to say "Thank You!", patronizing our peers. It is small compensation for the wealth of help offered for no compensation at all. Because of this forum,I've spent money with Al, Craig, Dee, & Jeff, & an unnamed Klipsch employee, & profit should be very loosely defined in this context, because in all cases, I've been offered value for my dollars.

Thanks, guys. For every $ I've spent with you, I've probably saved a dollar spent someplace listening to Peavy speakers, paying $2.50 for a beer. (Multiply that $2.50 by a FEW.)

Dean, if I owned Rs, I'd have your crossovers in them. And I'm as thankful for your many posts as I would be happy with the improvement in sound if I did (I think.). 1.gif

SSH

I think this forum is a fantastic. Without the moderators and Klipschs support, it would not be possible. It is the job of the moderators to come down on users who abuse the rules. Shame on anyone who criticizes them (Moderators) when they enforce these simple rules!!

• Like 1

You'd be wrong if you thought I didn't support the moderators here. While I've (constructively--and humorously, I feel) criticized some of the rules and policies, I have had good interactions with both Trey and Amy, and have never "attacked" either. Yes, I've pushed a few times, broken a few rules, brought up a few (!?!) unwelcome (by a few 2.gif ) topics. But just as I might criticize my town's city council actions (which I do), or complain to a US Representative about their vote (which I have), I don't see these actions as "making trouble." It's what one is supposed to do, when they give a hoot. I guess it's all in how one percieves things. One person's "mockery" is another's absurd satire. In the end, I support Klipsch, this forum and its members, and their ability to generally do a good job of self-policing, and the moderators' right to step in when specific rules have been broken. BTW, I have NEVER posted with the purpose of having a thread locked or removed (even though I do have the reputation...). At least that's how I see it.

So, yes, I support the moderators, and will continue to advocate free exchange of ideas here on the forum. I would like to see the moderators focus more on hatred, insults, and flame-baiting, rather than banning topics for the sole reason of their controversial nature.

----------------

On 6/30/2004 8:21:39 PM fini wrote:

So, yes, I support the moderators,
and
will continue to advocate free exchange of ideas here on the forum. I would like to see the moderators focus more on hatred, insults, and flame-baiting, rather than banning topics for the sole reason of their controversial nature.

----------------

Fini,

I totally agree with you that statement.

• Like 1

Support moderators...I say HELL yes, I log on like many of you while working and at home. My time is precious, with family and all, and my worth while working is about $78 per hour so I do not appreciate when a topic goes down in flames.

I do not have the time to sift through all the bulls**t to get to the meat, and most of them never come back. Right now my wife had interupptted me three times while trying to post this. So you can see I despise the cat fighting.

Grow up and leave for the rest of us please. This is not about you, but the sound and the equipment. In the last few months I have found very little of importance being discussed here. Leave Guy, Craig, Dean and the rest of the knowledgeable folks alone. Yes they have different opinions and likes, fight all the time, but that is what I like about them. Not everyone agrees so I get a true opinion, and that is waht really counts.

Sory to run on but this is getting old. Nice post Ray.

Have to go wife is kicking me off.

----------------

On 6/30/2004 2:55:12 PM Colin wrote:

give the addicted posters like myself our daily fix. Forum love is the drug I am thinking of.

10.gif
----------------

Well said, Colin.

I've been thinking.... Do suppose there was a twinkle in PWK's eye in naming the primo crossover networK.... type AA?

4.gif

Another vote of support for Trey, Amy, and Deon (subs). They have done a fine job in moderating the forum and helping us out.

Also wanted to give props to all members here who give outstanding input/advice/comments on Klipsch speakers and related gear, including those who offer upgrades or deals on "stuff." As one who has utilized some of the offers lately, I really appreciate it.

Carl.

BTW, I noticed on the forum home page, we have some new faces in the moderators' booth? Stephen and Steve? Will we only be introduced to them when we get sent to the office? I think they may have already called my Mom...

Anyway, Howdy! (this assumes you see it...)

Could we just accept the moderation of this forum as a fact of life - good or bad - and move on? I dont think I have ever seen a forum so obsessed with its own moderators.

Seems to me that the number of "political" threads has spiralled out of all proportion with the only change being that the current brand of politics is of the internal forum type which is a stunning mix of being both less interesting and more emotive to the members than the previous types.

This forum is only going to move forwards once it stops repeatedly examining its own backside for spots.

IMHO, YMMV and all that.