What Are You Listening To Right this Second

thebes

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to the "Return To Sin City" Gram Parsons tribute tonight. So, we're listening to Norah Jones, Lucinda Williams, The Mavericks, Steve Earle and the cd "Return of the Grevious Angel" to get warmed up. Keith Richards is also going to be there. This could be quite a show.

Chris

----------------

On 7/10/2004 6:16:14 PM ChrisK wrote:

Going to the "Return To Sin City" Gram Parsons tribute tonight. So, we're listening to Norah Jones, Lucinda Williams, The Mavericks, Steve Earle and the cd "Return of the Grevious Angel" to get warmed up. Keith Richards is also going to be there. This could be quite a show.

Chris

----------------

Sounds like a great show cant wait to hear about it. Caused me to put the Angel on himself! Now listening to Gram Parsons Lost Recordings on vinyl. Him by himself playing his songs on accoustic guitar. great LP. A great talent who died way way to young.

Josh

Oliver Jones at the Montreal Jazz Festival on television, French version of CBC. It sounds great in either official language.

Last week they had Diana Krall's performance on at 9 pm on Saturday as well.

He was taught piano by Oscar Peterson's sister Daisy and he lives in Montreal.

Well, it's 11 pm on a saturday night.

I'm sitting in the backyard with citronella torches aglow, I just got through listening to Miles Davis "Miles Kind of Blue"....

Good stuff....my friends.

Before I came in to refresh myself, I switched to my local NPR station which carries "Jazz with Bob Parlocha" in which "Bob" is playing some crazy sounding mainstream stuff.

Though, as i'm typing this, he has put on some Cannonball Adderly.

So....outside I must go... 9.gif

Enjoy your music, my friends.

Regards,

John.

----------------

On 7/10/2004 10:29:25 PM boomac wrote:

Gary, Spun "Open Sesame" a couple hours ago. Jackie McLean's "New Soil" playing now. Next I'm gonna soot some pool and listen to nothing but the B3. Jimmy Smith's "Fourmost" will lead things off.

----------------

Scott,

I sort of went on a Jimmy Smith spree a little while back. I have about 10 of his lps now. I found a mint copy of "The Cat" which is on the way.

I also just put in a bid for "New Soil" from a link Allan sent me today. Never heard it before but he never steers me wrong (except twice2.gif).

Another suggestion if you don't already have it:

Teddy Edwards & Howard McGhee, "Together Again" with Ray Brown on bass. Great lp!