Logo Trivia

scriven

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that Gary's guess is the closest to being correct. I would guess the same around 1975. My '78 La Scala's had the lined rectangular Klipsch logo's on them.

To further stump you guys when was the switch made from the solid color (black background) w/gold pie slice logo from the clear/gold one? Or was it vice versa. Where's Andy? Or another Klipsch expert.

My '73 Khorns have pie slice logos.

HDBR gave me the straight dope on the pie slice logo. Amnesia now, though.

Even the semi circular lines were significant to PWK. Has something to do with lines on a musical scale or proportion of a bass wave... something that was pretty cool.

I think it is basically the outline of the Khorn footprint/top plate in a stylized corner.

I have 3 different versions of logos on my 4 (soon to be 3) pairs of heritage. Pies on my '72 heresys, copper with the lines in the background on my '76 khorns and the copper logos Jim posted on my '80 and '83 corns. I really like the clear logos written in script on the early models also.

Anyone know what year they went from clear to pie?

Question:

WHen I bought my Cornwalls, they had no logo plate. I wrote Klipsch then, and they were kind enough to send a few. Where would the rectangular klipsch metal plates officially be placed? I put them centered about 1" down from top of grille.

when was the first pie logo used?

my guess is around 61-62

my 62 cornwall has the silver lined pie logo

my 68 has the clear

I think the clear pie logo was used only in 67-68 years .

my.

Alos kilpsch maight have used whatever logo was on hand .

so you might see earlier logos used after new versions.

maybe the new logo were plasced on top of the old ones when refilling the logo bin?