wanna see the definition of a dummy?

HDBRbuilder

Yeah these are the ones a guy asked about restoring and then did this to them. If that is in fact a 1985 cabinet and he beat the top off with a mallet to inspect the woofer I am just... well wow that was determination. He did give us a look inside the doghouse. I believe he got them from his neighbors garbage. He reported that he thought tweeters and woofers were bad. He was given some sound advise and then did this to them or maybe he did it first but anyway he destroyed more than likely restorable set of La Scalas. Assuming its the same guy. I understand the circumstantial evidence point to this being true.

----------------

On 8/13/2004 12:53:22 AM DeanG wrote:

Here you go Neo. It's not the LaScala -- but gives you a good idea of what's happening inside.

----------------

This guy's clone is incorrect.

I plan on posting a series of build pics INCLUDING plans from Klipsch on my website in the next couple of weeks.

John,

I never checked out your website before. Nice stuff! I have it bookmarked, and will consider the JBL 2404H tweeter when I eventually get several loads of my sh!t together...BTW, what's the built price on these (for a 1980 Khorn, AA XO)? You can PM or email me...

----------------

On 8/14/2004 6:19:12 AM John Warren wrote:

he used a "wooden" mallet, as if that is supposed to make me feel better about it.
----------------

Indeed! If he had used a claw hammer, sorry, that would have been a deal breaker for me. 2.gif