Great Klipschorn Article

Maybe you need to read the book. He has many relatives here too. I could find it in the book, but he lived here part of his life. (Others feel free to chime in.) Some say that this is where he learned such a good work ethic too.

The New Klipsch Headquarters are here as well, which I am sure you do know.

Nice to take a good article only to look at a negative in your mind? Geeze, can't win these days!

PS I know the K horn is made in Hope, AK. (sorry AR)

I stand corrected.

Jim it is ok./ As a City (Indianapolis) we have a lot going on. I sat next to a person from New York.. Never been anywhere in his life that came here recently to a NASCAR event. He used the term "fly over country" where people do not do much... in his opinion. I took it personal. He had never been anywhere outside of Manhatton and just over the bridge where he lives. Course his wife was "well traveled" as he told me. As a kid she had been to Chicago, SanFran, and Dallas,... once. LOL

I looked at his kids... and thought what a shame to grow up with a dad that is so ignorant. About this time in my head, he said, "So about what, a half million live here (about 1.5 million if you include the near suburbs) all people that live here have to be car gearheads (yes a lot on the west side of the city near the track, Indy500, NASCAR, Formula 1, not to mention the Hot Rod Nationals etc etc etc.?) Followed by "Does the town dry up when the race is on?" If he was kidding, that would be one thing.

Lots of famous people have been born here. But big deal? ..really, when you think about it! That is unless someone is famous later on. Abe Lincoln spent the majority of his childhood into his teen years in Indiana.. But Illinois claims him, but I think he was born in Kentucky.. So go figure.

It is not where your born, but how you finish. I din't mean to be hard on you as well. I am proud of where I was born in a small Indiana town of 16k people. I have also travelled all over the USA.. Hawaii and the carribean, Mexico and in Europe. I do not consider myself a snob at all, and most people that have met me, will attest I blend in and make everyone feel welcome for sure. The world is a big place. The big city guys with the overpopulation theory should look out a plane window sometime while travelling too cross country. There is a lot going on, and yet expanses of nothing too between NYC and LA. IMO

I'm with IndyKlipschfan here. Indiana does have a lot going for it that a lot of people out east don't realize. I moved from Ft. Wayne, IN to the Hartford area, and the people here assume Indiana is some rural wasteland. THey don't realize Indiana has a lot going for it. People here make comments like "wow, must be a big change coming from Indiana to here" to which I respond "yae, its a lot more rural here in connecticut" - which is followed by a look of puzzlement on their face. This conversation is going on as a tractor goes by pulling 20 yards of tobacco...(or tobacci as its called here). I find a lot of the people here have lived their whole life here, not unlike towns in many midwestern states. Its the attitude that someone is better than someone else because they're closer to boston/NY/LA/Chicago that gets under my skin. Don't get me wrong, most of the people in this area are very nice as well, and none of them mean to be offensive, but there is definately a stereo type going on. he he he..I said "stereo" type.9.gif

----------------

On 8/25/2004 10:02:03 PM v3pcbl wrote:

I'm with IndyKlipschfan here. Indiana does have a lot going for it that a lot of people out east don't realize. I moved from Ft. Wayne, IN to the Hartford area, and the people here assume Indiana is some rural wasteland. THey don't realize Indiana has a lot going for it. People here make comments like "wow, must be a big change coming from Indiana to here" to which I respond "yae, its a lot more rural here in connecticut" - which is followed by a look of puzzlement on their face. This conversation is going on as a tractor goes by pulling 20 yards of tobacco...(or tobacci as its called here). I find a lot of the people here have lived their whole life here, not unlike towns in many midwestern states. Its the attitude that someone is better than someone else because they're closer to boston/NY/LA/Chicago that gets under my skin. Don't get me wrong, most of the people in this area are very nice as well, and none of them mean to be offensive, but there is definately a stereo type going on. he he he..I said "stereo" type.
9.gif

----------------

What there is more then corn in Indiana. no way! just kidding i am from indiana. I am just in the military for the last 11 years and have not lived there since 1993. I was a teenager, and to me i was great to get out of indiana. But that could be because i was raised in Indianapolis then moved to the contrside later, and hated every minute of it and was ready to leave that scene. I would love to move back to Indianapolis, but i don't think that will happen. I married somebody from Virginia Beach where i am now, And i think a cold day in he@# is when she would want leave.

Oh by the way that was a great article. I did not know that PWK was a "Hoosier" (i really have always hated that name)

Great article! Thanks for posting. I've sent it to my brother in law in Indy. After putting up with the "usual" audiophile (nose in the air) types who diss the mighty Khorn, it is refreshing to see someone in the media who respects and appreciates a genuine and enduring classic!!! Kudos to Evan West and the Indianapolis Monthly!10.gif10.gif10.gif

IndyKlipschFan, sorry your input didn't make it into print. What was the gyst of what you told the interviewer?

I haven't been to Indianapolis in a long while. I coached two girls basketball teams for the Scarborough-Indianapolis Peace Games about twenty years ago (Summer Games in Los Angeles was going on at the time) and I had a great time. I hosted coaches and players twice at my parent's house and once went there as a coach. The hospitality was great and the people treated us wonderfully well. I haven't been back since, but I have refereed games up here on three other occasions over the years. That has since ended due to my knees.

Don