Talk Klipsch on the Klipsch forum.

Trey Cannon

Too much SVS talk for you?

I suppose it's bad marketing to have other manufacturer's gear discussed on your web site. Potential buyers might come here to see what the fuss is about concerning Klipsch and end up reading about SVS. On the other hand, it's nice to see an honest and open forum. (Disclaimer: I don't own a SVS sub)

This really only occurs on the sub section. Perhaps Klipsch could see that as a sign that they need to be a bit more competitive in that specific market.

But I will respect your wishes in the future.

Ok Trey, I'll take the bait. I love my Heritage HT system, with a Belle at center, and La Scalas all around. I want to upgrade that too... so offer me a set of Jubilees, I would love to sing their praises! Three of my friends own Klipsch, not because of you, because of ME! Of course I would like an all-Klipshch setup; so offer me a sub that equals the quality and value offered by other "unnamed" manufacturers. I bleed Klipsch, but ask me to spend my hard earned money on your product, simply because of the name? Your kidding yourself. Give me value and quality, then I'll spend, and the bragging about the product will be unending. When you look at the other sections of this forum, they are dominated by Klipsch products. Be honest with yourself for a moment... ask yourself why. Most of us come here because we love our Klipsch, not to promote other products. But, if you want Klipsch to dominate this section, create something that will demand that attention. Obviously others have. So get off your high horse, and DO something about it.

I respect the fact that Klipsch offers an open forum, or do they? Do you want truth, or just little birdies who chirp the tune you want to hear?

----------------

On 10/14/2004 7:05:03 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I for one would like to see members here talk about KIipsch. After all this is a Klipsch Forum!

If you want to talk about other products you may get more info from that products website/forum.

----------------

Good point, Trey. There's a lot of talk about other manufacturer's subwoofers, but Klipsch products in this area do not receive the accolades they deserve. For some reason there is some buyer resistance to a Klipsch subwoofer, with some people, quite wrongly in my opinion, under-rating the Klipsch range. Having owned what I thought was the best subwoofer on the market in my price range, the M&K 150THX, I was devastated when I did a comparison with a friend's Klipsch RSW-12 subwoofer. For some months I had put up with his barbed comments about my M&K. One day I had had enough. We had a faceoff. While my M&K was a little louder, I was stunned at the ability of the Klipsch subwoofer to reveal complex bass tunes with excellent extension and impact. I sold the M&K shortly after because I realised it wasn't the best on the market. I have since heard the RSW-15 and that subwoofer is awesome in it's ability to move air, and play a good tune at the same time.

Trey,

Congratulations, it's about time someone stepped in and set things straight. I was getting quite disturbed by the amount of discussion going on about SVS. I realize they make excellent subs, in fact I own one myself, but they aren't the only excellent sub line out there. I just wish more Klipsch sub owners would step up to the plate in this forum.

I do agree with psg that Klipsch needs to be more competitive, both economically and performance wise in the sub arena.

JR

I'll take the bait also.

I LOVE my Klipsch speakers. I've recently talked my brother and a doctor I'm working with into buying Klipsch speakers; 11 bookshelves and 2 Klipsch subs between them.

The only problem I have w/ Klipsch subs is their price points. My cost me $575 shipped. A comparable Klipsch sub would have cost me more money.

Now that said, the two subs bought because of me in the last few days are Klipsch subs. I recommended them to the people I did because they were able to hear them before buying them. Also, aesthetics were an important part of their decisions. The subs from have not been small in stature until very recently.

Here's the bottom line: The new "little" sub from look to be VERY impressive. For an HT enthusiast looking to spend his hard-earned $$$$, it's very tempting.

John

• Like 1

I have always recommended the RSW-15 and 12 subs along with the Klipsch THX subs.

The down side to recommending Klipsch to the exclusion of all others is that the members will loose credibility when consumers want to know about full range speakers. Consumers easily spot any slant and tend to ignore the slant in direct proportion to the slope of the slant.

Consumers detect a level field as well. Folks that play with a level field are usually more credible.

Bill

Trey you are the man

Finally a moderator steps in,with all the "My new huge NON Klipsch woofer project","SveeeS(NON KLIPSCH)is the best in my little shallow world" and "I want to build a cheap(NON KLIPSCH)sub using a paper towel tube and a headphone amp from eeBay plus that piezzo buzzer with a super long throw piston" threads I would get sick too. 3.gif

We need more patriotic TOWER OF KLIPSCH SLAM like I started a few months back(where you could see my three RSW's stacked. 16.gif

Next time an infidel dares post his powered toilet paper tubes,punish him.

To all those who promote some wacko Adire motor structure powering a sheet of 4*4ft plywood and calling it a sub...its a cheap fan!Why not buy a hydraulic 250t jack and mount your plywood house? And call it a revolution in deep bass 3.gif

Proud owner of four RF7's,two RF5's,an RC7,all three RSW subs,LoudMedia 5.1Ultra,Quintet sats

1.gif

psg,

Ecoute moei ben mon grand,m'enva te dire comme on dit par icitte.T'es s'sus un cite d'klipsch.Ces mauzus la on travaille fort pour nous donner une pognee d'terre ou poster.Faut ben qu'ils chailent un peu qu'and on parle po d'Klipsch.

Moei j'ai du gros Klipsch,sa sonne comme une tonne de briques

2.gif

I owned an svs,and have had a rsw 15 for a few years also.I bought the rsw15 based on my preference,not the svs hype(although its well deserved).Limiting discussion will make little difference in the long run.Only the top dog in their price range will rule,be it Klipsch or others.I'm very happy with the rsw15 and the rsw12 I owned was great too but,if you only have about $500 what do you do?

• Like 1

What is MSRP for a RSW-12 or 15? Sorry to say but I had to go with another manufacturer at the time of purchase because the Klipsch LF series was having problems back then. I have read though quite a bit about how good the RSW line is since and I really like the looks of them. In the future I may have to get one to stack on top, just to keep up with TheEAR. Also I will say that the new THX line with dual subs looks awesome... if I only had 10k :)

----------------

On 10/14/2004 10:28:24 PM TheEAR wrote:

psg,

Ecoute moei ben mon grand,m'enva te dire comme on dit par icitte.T'es s'sus un cite d'klipsch.Ces mauzus la on travaille fort pour nous donner une pognee d'terre ou poster.Faut ben qu'ils chailent un peu qu'and on parle po d'Klipsch.

Moei j'ai du gros Klipsch,sa sonne comme une tonne de briques

2.gif

----------------

Yeah, I concur.

----------------

On 10/14/2004 10:24:37 PM TheEAR wrote:

Trey you are the man

We need more patriotic TOWER OF KLIPSCH SLAM like I started a few months back(where you could see my three RSW's stacked.
16.gif

----------------

I'm with you 100%. I'm proud to be able to say that I'm running three RSW-15's (as of today). The bass is incredible... Not to mention it's fun to see the reactions of friends as the walk into my apartment, look at the nearly 5 foot tower of subwoofer goodness, ponder for a second what they're looking at, then look at me I'm crazy. 9.gif And of not a single person that has heard it thus far has ended the demo without that speechless stupid grin people get when they're thoroughly impressed (including myself).3.gif

----------------

On 10/14/2004 7:05:03 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

If you want to talk about other products you may get more info from that products website/forum.

----------------

Someone's having a tough day today, huh? Valid points all the same although...

What I've been wondering though, is when we'll begin to see press (reviews) of the new Klipsch KW-120-THX subs? These can put Klipsch back on the subwoofer map... (not that the RSWs are slouches either)

From those who have auditioned and bought them, they are supposed to be class leading subs... so I'm really curious on how they stack up. I have not seen them in the local shops here yet. I hoping for more of a shootout rather than a single THX system review. Secrets of Home Theatre and HiFi were quite complimentary to the RSW-15 if I recall.

Rob

While I can certainly understand where Trey is coming from, the day when people here no longer feel free to speak their minds about products they use or prefer, is the day I start looking for a new place to play.

Maybe the moderators should check everyday for any comments that are unfavorable to klipsch, and delete them.

"Sig Heil, mein Furher!" 14.gif

----------------

On 10/15/2004 1:38:18 AM jdm56 wrote:

While I can certainly understand where Trey is coming from, the day when people here no longer feel free to speak their minds about products they use or prefer, is the day I start looking for a new place to play.

Maybe the moderators should check everyday for any comments that are unfavorable to klipsch, and delete them.

"Sig Heil, mein Furher!"
14.gif

----------------

I don't think they are necessarily looking to ban all talk of other subwoofer companies. Besides, there are people on this board *cough*007*cough* that do nothing but say things like "Klipsch subs sucks! SVS roolz everyone!" in almost every thread where there is an opportunity to pimp their products. Even all of that aside, this is the Klipsch Forum... If the mods wanted to go about it that way, they have every right to.