Talk Klipsch on the Klipsch forum.

Trey Cannon

----------------

On 10/21/2004 12:08:39 AM boomer9911 wrote:

This is so ironic, been away for awhile and people still don't get it, THIS is a KLIPSCH website, I'm truly SORRY your svs PROVIDER is to CHEAP, and his crooners, getting FREE advertisement from websites such as KLIPSCH....
2.gif

Still here and hangin around....go figure eh, no where to go..sad....
10.gif

----------------

To me, it looks like SVS is targeting the exact same market and like i said "it was quite wise and nasty 11.gif to use that exact website where Klipschers ("market") congregate to show us something that might appeal to us. Their good quality subs / cheap is what most Klipschers are after "cheap good quality speakers and that's why we love klipsch". Now the only good next good thing that Klipsch have apart from good quality cheap speakers is this Forum. Again this forum is the precious thing, it took a long time to build and stay alive, it lives now. Many Klipscher won't spend $80 - $100k (not to name more brands) on speakers, so we fall in the cheapo category too. Although Klipsch may be better that many expensive speakers we are still "cheapo target market"

----------------

On 10/22/2004 1:59:09 AM Freak Nasty wrote:

Many Klipscher won't spend $80 - $100k (not to name more brands) on speakers, so we fall in the cheapo category too. Although Klipsch may be better that many expensive speakers we are still "cheapo target market"

----------------

Well, in all fairness, if I had $80-100K to spend on speakers, I would probably not go Klipsch and look into something like Wilson Audio, Dynaudio, Epiphany, or Dali, but I wouldn't call $1100 per RF7 "cheap" either.

Bruinsrme, you were or did "DUMP" your KLIPSCH previously(as you had stated months ago) and your point is....6.gif

Good, take your "1667" posts and join your svs buddies on the outside and send emails to TOMV crying about where your SPACE is...GET A GRIP...ADDIOS AMEGOS....you leavin AGAIN....10.gif

• 1 month later...

Funny you should mention that... I have a TV advertising idea that would Rock for Klipsch. I posted in the general area asking if anyone knew the advertising agency or who I should contact - if they bite - you will see it on the Superbowl, its that good. (And easy to make)16.gif Any help getting through to the right people is appreciated. I can't find a contact for marketing or the agency responsible.

Trey Cannon....If we only talk about Klipsch products on this FORUM you would know nothing. On many occasions when I had conversatoins with Paul Klipsch. We,d talk about other speaker products. AND their advancements. He was aware of them. If you arnt aware of them then you need to get out more. You cant compete unless you know what your competition is doing. The point is...When is the Klipsch LLC going to dump some of the out dated drivers in the Heritage line? Also Some of the engineering thoughts on subwoofer design, need to be revised.

----------------

On 12/10/2004 1:44:36 AM athome wrote:

Funny you should mention that... I have a TV advertising idea that would Rock for Klipsch. I posted in the general area asking if anyone knew the advertising agency or who I should contact - if they bite - you will see it on the Superbowl, its that good. (And easy to make)
16.gif
Any help getting through to the right people is appreciated. I can't find a contact for marketing or the agency responsible.

----------------

so your idea is an advertisement on the super bowl?

maybe you should take originality classes.

hell, I sent the SVS folks an e-mail just today. when I mentioned this forum, they responded with embarassment (their word) as to how much favorable talk they were getting on this forum. I'm not quite sure what the thread creators point is? Is SVS somehow have a less favorable product because of their direct sale model? that's simply silly. If your going to sell a product on simple word of mouth and a website, that business model in and of itself peaks my interest.

I'll go back to pages 1 & 2.

1) Klipsch PAYS for this website. They could TELL us not make a comment, or ask.

2) I have a hard time understanding why people will spend a good amount of money on USED speakers, then want a low cost, i.e. cheap, subwoofer. Logic isn't there. There are used Klipsch Subwoofers on AudiogoN.

3) As previously stated, Klipsch has all of the avenues already open, without the cost of the Forum, to get Consumer Feedback. They have email, and 800 number, Sales Reps, Dealers who can report comments plus or negative. They have a physical address and a chain to the top that one can write to.

4) We have not been limited in our sig or system profiles. Klipsch doesn't even require that you own a pair before registering and posting.

5) I have seen other websites remove posts not favorable to their brand, or noting the positives of Klipsch.

6) There is all this talk of one other sub company. I haven't found their free access Forum yet. I'll keep looking9.gif

7) Via this Forum, we can PM, email, post, reply, add smiles, complain, get info or make contact with the Adminidtrators/Moderators.

Have a Search feature. IF the desire is to only get feedback, see number 3. If only to give answers, there is no need to have the Forum set up for the email, PMs, system Profiles quote, add custom avatars, keep count of posts. There would also be no other speaker mentioned except for explaining system.

A website with all of these features is not cheap, it is quite thoughtful.

8) I wonder how many people have had problems with other brands of subs OR speakers but are either too embarassed to post, or go to the other company to rectify the problem and never post it here.

9) It's been said before - there are OTHER open forums to talk about all brands. Is it a mortal sin that Klipsch would like to see more posts about Klipsch? If you read Trey's statement, he is NOT asking for posts that are positive.

10) As most of us like Klipsch speakers, how many have posted some for sale and have a targeted audience. How many, including me, have sold tubes, receivers, crossovers, Pre-amps, Amps, TTs etc. with NO classified ad charge?

11) How many have posted looking for, or asking recommendations on what brand of what, or which model of what to but and had the benefit of people like Mark Deneen, DeanG, Moon, Craig, the Audiokid and a host more. And have them at no charge for questions.

I'll stop at this point and wait for answers, then I will post mre positives.

But in the end, Klipsch Pays for it, they don't have to provide it free. They don't even have to provide it at all.

dodger

OK, I'll post about Klipsch subwoofers. I bought an SVS instead of a Klipsch subwoofer after learning about SVS on the Klipsch subwoofer forum. It appears that the Klipsch fears have been realized. OTOH, I am not a big Klipsch "fanboy". I buy what sounds best to me at a price that I am comfortable with. I had a demo with the Klipsch subs. Not that impressed for the price. I listened to an SVS at local owner's house. Sounded better than Klipsch, especially when $ is considered.

I'm a Klipsch owner. I use Klipsch for 2 channel. I own Fortes and Cornwalls. I've had 2 pairs of Heresies and a pair of Forte II's. Heck, I even have the original Promedia 5.1's and the DD-5.1. Not only do I feel that I'm entitled to post about their products and their competition, I think that Klipsch will be better for it. Klipsch is at a critical point in their corporate history. New distribution channels and buying groups have emerged. To date, Klipsch's response has been to cater to the middle to low end by moving to big retailers and to ignore internet sales. The Ref. line is hard to demo and don't get me started about finding a Heritage dealer.

Despite the above, I don't think that Klipsch is doing and entirely bad job. Some of their gear is quite good. I do not, however, think that their effort rise to the level of being beyond criticism. Enter SVS and threads regarding the same. Read them Klipsch, and learn. If Klipsch, to my ears, could compete with or best SVS, I would happily buy Klipsch. IMHO, they cannot.

I encourage all those posters who have hopped on the "Klipsch-only" bandwagon to keep an open mind (The same, of course, applies to SVS fans). The point is to have the best sound, right?

Well as long as I flapped my lips. I've owned Klipsch since the 1970s.

I do have a Pair of Paradigm Mini-Monitors and a Paradigm SPR-10 sub. Price and wood finish plus sound were the reasons for purchase.

My post was to try show what we have, what we could lose.

If we broke the subjects to stats, I don't think there would be objection to 75% Klipsch, 25% others. I could be wrong.

Sound is personal to me. Not like a group where you know you will like most of what's on the LP or CD when you buy it.

To me if I'm in the market: It it sounds very good, I will buy.

Thus my "Klipsch Collection." As far as the sub is concerned that's what Paradigm recommends. Otherwise, with my system, I feel no need for a sub.

But I see a use and in a way a need for the Forum.

dodger

----------------

On 12/11/2004 8:28:30 AM dodger wrote:

But in the end, Klipsch Pays for it, they don't have to provide it free. They don't even have to provide it at all.

dodger

----------------

I dont really see this forum as "privilege" per se. Klipsch gets massive sales from this forum through all the new inquiries from new members and upgrades from current members.

Klipsch has a lot to lose if they close this forum, hence, it isnt just that they have it up for us and us alone. They gain from it too.

----------------

On 12/11/2004 3:29:11 PM pinipig523 wrote:

----------------

On 12/11/2004 8:28:30 AM dodger wrote:

dodger

----------------

I dont really see this forum as "privilege" per se. Klipsch gets massive sales from this forum through all the new inquiries from new members and upgrades from current members.

Klipsch has a lot to lose if they close this forum, hence, it isnt just that they have it up for us and us alone. They gain from it too.

----------------

Valid point

Message boards boost sales for Klipsch,as the onlyb sector when Klipsch may get competition is ...subs.And yes SVS and HSU offer more performance per dollar than Klipsch subs.It is a fact and no opinion,can be measured.

If Klipsch wants to become competitive they better start designing a line of subs that follow the most basic principles.Like SVS.Looks and small size do not equal great value.

I enjoy my many subs,but if I was short on mo0ney and had to own just one like most do,I would do a deep research and most probably get a SVS.

Like i said before, if klipsch build a few new better subs like better than SVS or Sunfire sigs or even the Krell MAster ref of course at competitive prices i would drop all the current gears that i have and go for klipsch of course. It is like a brand loyalty that we all have for klipsch here, that's why we are at this forum. Removing that forum could mean like removing that small part that makes us more loyal to klipsch than to other brands. Thus i wish big, ok, something like the Krell master reference for under $5000 and the SVS B4plus but the klipsch version, for just under $2000 (of course high class furniture grade finish) and finally a little smaller sunfire sig (klipsch version) more powerful etc.. bla bla bla you know what everyones want... cheaper than the competition at just under $1000. Thank you. Ok, engineers and marketers , priceing dept etc etc ... got some works to do chop chop. 9.gif2.gif5.gif1.gif

----------------

On 12/11/2004 8:06:52 PM Freak Nasty wrote:

Like i said before, if klipsch build a few new better subs like better than SVS or Sunfire sigs or even the Krell MAster ref of course at competitive prices i would drop all the current gears that i have and go for klipsch of course.

----------------

Better subs like SVS?? Do you mean better in the sence of cheaper or you looking for quality?

Wouldn't it be more a question of economics? After all, the bulk of the market lies in compact to very compact subwoofers... with limited (but the most critical) public interest in large enclosures. They rather sell many products to the general consumers than to the very few people willing to sacrifice size for efficiency (which also brings price/performance with it).

BTW, This is contrary PWK's thinking who frequently mentioned that he rather sell a few very efficient speakers to the most critical listener than a mass market product.

I feel that apart from the new Klipsch THX series subs, SVS has never been in direct competition with Klipsch. Very different products for very different people.

The forum's problem arises from the fact that most people who will take the time to "talk speakers" are the very same people who would be willing to trade size for performance. Hence all the SVS talk.

The way I see it, not really a big deal either way...

Rob

Phew! Thanks for the clarification Trey! It was a relief to hear that Klipsch continues to support an open and honest forum.

How weird would the subwoofer section be without being able to mention other brands. This forum was a great tool for me when I bought my KLF-30's and was having a difficult time getting a good bang for the buck sub on my budget. When I asked for the suggestions of subwoofers with the best bang for the buck it would have been sooooo phony if the replies were restricted to the KlIPSCH RSW-15, 12, KSW 15, SW-15, THX-Ultra or perhaps the RW-12. I would not have accepted bias replies from a "Klipsch Only" forum.

Klipsch has earned even more of my respect by the way this forum operates. As a long time fan I was comforted by Klipsch's obvious high level in confidence by openly running a forum that was open to bashing and having other products or brands praised/advertised. I'm sure many of us find shopping so annoying when the salesperson claims that anything other than their product sucks! A salesperson gains a little of my respect when they can openly discuss the pro's of their competition and still convince me why I should by their product.

I am surprised by how many people would be sympathetic to Klipsch if they leaned more to "klipsch only" discussions. Like many have said before,"how boring and biased would that be". The idea that it is improper to go to someones house and complain or belittle is rude in a certain context. BUT, when it is done in a forum, amongst peers with similar interests in an open honest and free environment it is totally acceptable. I have several groups of peers with several types of interests and if the conversation is about where I could get bigger, better, cheaper steaks to throw on the BBQ or I'm given tips on how I could paint the trim or edging better I don't take it as an insult. Its taken as an opinion shared among friends. Some of those friends may leave thinking they'll buy the same steaks that I bought and others may try out the bigger better ones. Who knows, who cares! Whats important is that we are free at my house to exchange open honest unbiased opinions!!! This forum makes me proud of Klipsch for being confident enough in their product to run an open honest forum.

Forums need to be free, my other love is corvettes and it drives me nuts when some vette fans can't appreciate some other sports cars. My friends can park their mustangs in my driveway and we all talk about how cool it would be to buy a Ferrari but when it comes down to it noone drives my vette and just like my Klipsch I still blush when they are screaming/roaring(loud sidepipes, he he)!!!!!!

Sadly enough I had a limited budget, I ended buying the Velodyne sub to go with my 30's (it's good enough for now) but this forum has also convinced me to save up for that stack of RSW-15's!!!!!

Anyway, enough rambling, it felt good to get that off my chest!!!

Jonathan