The First Annual Klipsch Forum Appreciation Award.

thebes

What makes this such a great place to hang out? Great gear, great speakers of course, but primarily great people. I think something a little more then a thank you is order for some of our best people, came up with this idea, so here goes:

Klipsch Forum Appreciation Award

An annual award to the individual we think most exemplifies the following characteristics:

1. Contributions towards aiding and helping other forum members

2. Technical Expertise

3. Promoting a sense of community

4. Participation

The basic idea is to essentially say thanks to one individual each year for their participation, work, willingness to help others, and promote a sense of community amongst the membership. It could be a simple a virtual plaque up on the virtual wall, along with the thanks of the membership. Or perhaps the nice folks at Klipsch would offer up a piece of memorabilia or a piece of gear along with a plaque. Perhaps the award could be presented at the annual Klipsch gathering or on the founder's birthday. Whatever.

Technical Details:

I was thinking of a nominating committee of say the top 50 posters, with selection by vote among perhaps the top 200 posters, or selection by nominating committee with the award decided by popular vote over say a two week period..

I'm also talking about the entire Forum, not just Home Audio.

Because we do like to have a little fun here, now and then, I propose the award be called....drumroll....:

The Khorny!

Good idea, bad idea? Anybody want to chime in or offer to help out or improve on the proposal.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 10/19/2004 8:12:59 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 10/19/2004 7:54:44 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

How many of these awards will be awarded? And how often?

----------------

Every 30 seconds...

----------------

LOL, then I nominate fini for the first 30...

David11.gif

----------------

On 10/19/2004 9:15:29 PM Piranha wrote:

I agree. And then to Trey C., Steve B., Stepen P. and Amy.

----------------

Hello:

I feel that even though this the first year, there should be two (2) categories:

Lifetime Achievement: That would include PWK, then those mentioned by Piranha, with an honor to the new Unger.

Forum Achievement: as defined above.

Additional Categories could include gentle-person for courtesy - like sportsman-like but PC, longevity and also humour. Possibles, not definites.

How will judging be accomplished?

Great Idea!

dodger3.gif

You know, voting is not going to be easy as the qualities of those I would nominate are quite high.

This assuming that we have the two (2) Category.

I make a case for that as PWK, should be honoured as well as the others.

Perhaps even three (3) Categories - adding The Founder's Award for PWK.

dodger Win

Interesting, but I am not sure if you can pick any ONE person. I too am afraid this would become a popularity contest.

There are a lot of people here with a lot of varied expertise, experiance and personality. Many personal friendships have been developed from this forum. A lot of help is given via email and phone calls.

I also do not the idea of baseing any awards on the amount of posts. We have all seen people who post crap just too boost there counter.

Here is another idea......

My flying club does a "Member spotlight" in the monthly newsletter where they pick one memeber and write about them, there planes, and interests etc. Maybe we could profile a person and there systems. Maybe a new member, and an old one each time. This could be a tool we all could use to expand our circles and make new friends.

JM

IF this stays as a "Member of the Year" format, those that feel it may be a popularity contest above, should definitely be in the judging.

If a spotlight, we honor an "Officer of the Month," and an Annual Officer of the Year."

The Monthly receives A Certificate noting the status plus a free lunch, The Officer of the Year is honoured along with the others at a banquet. The Officer of the Year also receives a plaque and a medal that is noted with the year and is allowed to wear it for the 365 days until the next is awarded.

Perhaps Klipsch could allow some Certificates and then a plaque.

dodger