looking to purchase 1st pair of klipsch, need some input

mo50

hi everyone. have decided to buy my 1st pair of klipsch but not sure which kind. i've checked all the specs on most speakers and now i'm asking for some input from you guys. i've narrowed it down to either heresy, quartet, kg 4, or possiblly the forte. i already own a harmon kardon 630. the room size is about 30x30 with a stairwell coming down the middle. i've only heard the heresy and klipsch horns in person. the heresy sounds great, but everyone on here thinks the low end is a little weak. the horns are out of the question due to $$. one day i'll afford them but not now. i listen to everything from classical to punk to folk to rap music. help me guys and give me some input on which you think may be the best overall pair for me. also i forgot to add the cornwalls or chorus speakers also. or would a room this size be better with 4 rb25 or rb35 with a sub. thanks

The Forte is one of the best deals out there. They can be bought for only slightly more than a Heresy and they have the full range sound. The pair I have can really sing. 30 x 30 could be a bit of a problem with any speaker though, what is the room like? bare walls and a stone floor or shag carpet with heavy curtains all around or something in the middle? How tall is the room?

2.gif

the room is a basement with 8' drop ceiling, carpet, finished drywall, and the staircase is located in the middle. there is basically 2 15'x30' rooms with staircase where it is. there is about 10' on each side of staircase in front and back. hope that helps.

Put me in the cornwall camp too. They may be a bit more expensive than the other models, but given the room size, I'd go for the higher efficiency. I think they will also prolong the upgrade bug.2.gif

My cornwalls sound quite nice with my HK630; however, I have never had the chance to listen at higher volumes.15.gif

-PB

Guest Anonymous

I just bought 2 pair of chorus, the I's and II's, I would be willing to sell the Chorus I's, they are a 7/10, and cheap, but gREAT sounding. Plus I have thenm at my office in Skokie...A great way to get your feet wet in Klipch. Plus than you could hear my corns too, and check out the klipschlifestyle2.gif3.gif email if interested. The chorus with the HK receiver is better for you cause they are more efficient, and you have big room IMHO, like mine.12.gif

----------------

On 11/4/2004 3:23:52 PM mo50 wrote:

hi everyone. have decided to buy my 1st pair of klipsch but not sure which kind.

----------------

I almost envy you. What a great choice you have. And what fun you're going to have, savouring each option like a sip of the finest Kentucky... 5.gif

30 x 30 I would seriously consider something like La Scala's, Belle Klipsch or the ultimate...Klipschorns. I realize you have your choices sort of narrowed but the bigger Heritage will serve you better. At a minimum I would go with Cornwalls.

----------------

On 11/6/2004 2:25:47 PM Piranha wrote:

At minimum you'll need La Scala's, Belle Klipsch, or Khorns to fill a room that size.

----------------

Add cornwalls to that list. They fill up a room with the best of them and have more bass punch than the lascalas or belles and are more affordable. If you are looking to spend under a grand, this is the way I'd go:

Cornwall

Chorus

Forte

Heresy + sub

Just my 2 cents.

----------------

On 11/4/2004 4:25:19 PM D-MAN wrote:

I would go with BIG, like a pair of Cornwalls. They will more than fill your space without any strain. As a bonus, they are highly efficient, too.

DM
2.gif
----------------

With that sized room and $ available Big CORNWALLs. Perhaps a center channel. A third CW, Heresy, two Heresy or four Cornwalls.3.gif

regards,

Terry