Need opinions on a business name please

Orange Peel

I'm thinking of starting a home theater business here in AZ, something small and on the side, selling equipment, then hopefully growing and expanding, etc. I'm trying to decide on a business name, and would appreciate some feedback on a few I have in mind right now...

#1 - Elite Home Entertainment

#5 - Platinum Home Theater

#6 - Platinum Home Entertainment

#7 - Platinum Home Theater & Entertainment

#8 - Elite Home Audio

#9 - Elite Home Theater Entertainment

Anything you would recommend or change? I will be thinking of more still, but just want something catchy and nice sounding.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/16/2004 1:34:47 PM nicholtl wrote:

How about a name with the words Definition, Definitive, Premier, Acoustic, Fantasy, or Reference in it?

-------------------------------------------------------------

There you go:

"Reference Audio & Home Theater Systems"

Have you thought of using an acronym. Using the words thrown around, I came up with...

Premier Intense Theater - P.I.T.

Premier Elite Theater - P.E.T.

It makes things easier when making a logo, any other place you don't have a lot of space to work with. On another note I design logos and websites, if you are interested in hiring someone to do that, I can show you some of my work.

----------------

On 11/16/2004 1:50:49 PM amonteiro wrote:

Have you thought of using an acronym. Using the words thrown around, I came up with...

Premier Intense Theater - P.I.T.

Premier Elite Theater - P.E.T.

It makes things easier when making a logo, any other place you don't have a lot of space to work with. On another note I design logos and websites, if you are interested in hiring someone to do that, I can show you some of my work.

----------------

P.I.T. could be made fun of.

Intense would give the Client a possibly wrong impression.

Elite may be snobby.

Platinum has a class to it without going overboard.

I do agree tha "Home Entertainment Systems" gives the Client the idea that more than one System may be offered. As I have done some custom installations, I have done 2 channel Vintage and 2 Channel mega-bucks.

Noting somehow that the Client will have a good say is important. As is the number of lines offered.

You can always hook up (if you are not experienced yourself) with a Security Person that is bonded and has the proper credentials to offer a range of Security Systems.

I have seen many homes in the affluent Suburbs that do not have a Security System. Then they add a $25,000.00 system and go on their merry way. Getting County Stats for break-ins is helpful. May lead to even more business.

dodger

Wow, great replies, really opens a large avenue of options. I want to cater to EVERYONE, except Bose buyers 9.gif haha

I want something that sounds strong, not cheap, catchy and good to hear. I thought of using my name in the business, like "Scott's Home Audio Entertainment" or something like that, but I kind of feel the personal name in there makes is sound small (which it is now) and low end. I want to have access to the HIGH end equipment, haven't figured out how to go about becoming a dealer for anything yet, just trying to get the basics down first.

I was thinking Elite Home Audio & Video, or Elite Home Audio Entertainment.

Then I do like the word Platinum, just sounds powerful. Platinum Home Audio Entertainment, "Platinum Home Theater Entertainment... Bringing the theater to your house" etc.

Thanks for the replies, this is gonna be a pain in the butt to decide 2.gif