Oldest Cornwall Just Appeared on Ebay

Gilbert

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks CaptnBob! That would certainly explain it, the hole does look to be precisely that size. It looks smaller than a 12" hole, seeing as the Cornwall is a direct descendent of the Shorthorn it is absolutely possible. I cannot imagine that it would sound better than the full version of the Cornwall with the larger K-600 horn and larger woofer cutout.

Gilbert-

If you do decide to go with the Oregon Belles, I would recommend you consider contracting the guy who crated Paul Parrot's Belles for me. The guy has a small custom crating shop in Portland near the airport that specializes in crating electronic equipment and computer stuff. You can see the job he did in the photos Paul posted "Guess What's in the Crate?" I thought his price was very reasonable.

I emailed the seller of the Belles when his ad first posted on Ebay and asked if I could inspect the speakers before bidding. He suggested I just look at the photos. I guess I should have looked more closely, because I missed the automobile details you mentioned! Anyway I've decided not to bid on these--I really don't need any more speakers!

Best in horns,

triceratops

Thanks tops, I trust the create construction is top notch, but what is the cost, compared to the $250 crating charge the seller wants for those Belle's. The $250 does seem unreasonably high.

Oh, by the way, he let me know that shipping cost would be around $110. I gave him the Forward Air information, which probably helped.

Gilber and Bud,

Yup - I was talking about the decorator pair. They are far more interesting to me than the single cornwall - at this stage - but I wont be bidding as there are too many unknowns for me to ship a pair of speakers of that size from the US to Greece.

Additionally when I mentioned to SWMBO the idea of getting one of the larger sized Heritage speakers she thought is was a good and useful idea:

"Excellent idea Max - it will save a fortune - we can bury you in it."

Kinda put me off the whole thing.

----------------

On 11/23/2004 4:50:36 AM maxg wrote:

Additionally when I mentioned to SWMBO the idea of getting one of the larger sized Heritage speakers she thought is was a good and useful idea:

"Excellent idea Max - it will save a fortune - we can bury you in it."

Kinda put me off the whole thing.

----------------

Max,

I've posted this link so many times, my fingers look like sausages:

Click on "la produzione", then check out the latest, uh, models under "Cofani funebri e fascino" on the lower right. Ooh, the calendars are nice, too!

It just seemed appropriate, given your post...

Thanks Tritops, I do appreciate the offer. I'll probably pass on the Belle's and wait for a pair that's closer to home. The cost is just too much for shipping and crateing. Adds another almost $400 to the price. Besides, the Belle's I've really been waiting for will be in an exotic veneer.

Right now I'm torn between the Single Vintage Corn, and the pair of vintage Decorators. To make matters worse, I spotted a couple of MC275 amps. I have been wanting a top rated Tube Amp for sometime now, but the price is almost reaching beyond my funds with 4 to 5 day's to go before auctions end.

Santa, are you listening......MC275

But wait, there's more:

I just called the seller......they pulled the auction because, apparently, the poor guy "Tod" was being bombarded by messages from dorks asking him to remove the grill and verify the woofer size, and telling him the finish was original, then not original, etc. etc.

The seller is a good guy, and is just trying to be honest and up front about the whole thing. He will relist tonight for a 7-day auction. Pheew!

Yep! I got the skinny plus some photos! They have the following drive components:

15" Jensen 15PLL Woofer

K-55V midrange w/K-1000 Horn

K-77 Chrome Throat Tweeter

Original Crossover with Bobbinized coils

Same drivers as my '62's and Gilbert's 61's but different midhorn, and crossover. The hole is smaller as CaptnBob explain to load the woofer some.