ebay question

CaptnBob

To add to Paul's reply, also check their feedback profile. If they have 100% positive feedbacks from sellers from here or from other countries, then you can feel pretty secure dealing with them IMO. Also if they answer all your e-mails, that's a plus. I've bought and sold items on eBay from members from Canada, Germany, Sweden, Hong Kong, and Great Britain...usually I'll only deal with members from the continental 48 states, but I'll make exceptions if I feel the foreign member is trustworthy due to his/her feedback and how they respond to my e-mails.

For what it's worth...Good luck.

My EBay revenue for this year has exceeded the $17,000.oo mark and over 25% of my sales are from over-sea.

The key : I accept ONLY Paypal from over seas....and make them pay the Paypal fee, .....since the EURO is so much higher than our almighty U.S. Dollar !

I have sold goods to folks in Europe, South America and Asia. Never had a problem. Payment was always in the form of international postal money order, cash, or electronic transfer. I have been sent cash via DHL, Fedex, registered mail, double registered mail, plain old mail, and Western Union. I always shipped via mail, so all that was necessary was the appropriate customs declaration form. Any duty was the buyer's problem.

IIRC Malaysia is big for credit card fraud.

Make life easy for yourself. Insist on cash or cash equivalent from foreign buyers. Buyers in much of the rest of the world are used to dealing in it. It is much harder for many of them to get a credit card or checking account. In some places, there is no international money order, or it is so expensive or difficult to obtain that sending cash is seen as the best route.

I sold my Marantz 7C to a guy in Taiwan who insisted I undervalue for shipping puposes even though I specifically stated I would not do so in my auction. This was a $2300 sale. I asked if he had a friend or relative in the states I could ship to then let that person ship to Taiwan. I got the OK in writing and once paypal'd, I sent it to Wisconsin where his buddy shipped it to Taiwan. The best part was once the guy in Wisconsin accepted, there could be no claims against me. I packed it so well that his friend didn't want to open it and just shipped it.

Don't ever undervalue overseas to a stranger! I'm happy to do it with someone I know but I just won't take the chance with an ebay stranger.

Yea, I too have stuff up for sale on eBay. As long as they have good & ample feedback I don't see a problem with it. Like others have stated, just make sure to have them use PayPal, or a US Postal Money Order. I just shipped a Cadillac Hood Ornament to New Zealand for $2.60. Didn't have any problems at all.

I live in the Netherlands and bought many records out of USA, but also my Heresies are from Canada and my 272 is from a well known here. So far most sellers agreed to undervalue and mark it as a gift. Who will make a problem of it anyway? How on earth are they going to find out what someone really paid for it? I would not have bought 75% if the seller would not help me in this. Do you realise how much import duties are? 25% x (itemprice+shipping+handling+insurance) = a lot on any item. Anyway the buyer takes the risk, because the item cannot be insured (or insured under value).

I understand that if you run a business as well it may be a bit too much to keep sending gifts to Europe2.gif . Also, shipping Khorns as a gift, priced at $10.- 9.gif is just not logical, but who will know the difference between a great Blue Note and common vinyl? Never once was I checked or did someone open the package.

Please consider, these stupid import laws are not fair and should be evaded, where possible.

Thanks, Tim