HOLY GUACAMOLY -- I think I won the MC60's

Gilbert

I would be very very leery If I were you, please put aside your excitement for a moment and ponder the circumstances.

1. 3 bidders above you suddenly decided to back out

2. He happened to know your bid amount exactly, and that is because after the auction ends it shows the names of the bidders and what there final bid amount was for anyone to see.

3. Probably was using other alias or friends to shill bid the auction to see what your max amount was by artificially inflating the price. And then once they knew your exact max bid, they say that "Other bidders backed out, and you happen to be the lucky one to get it at your max bid price"

Things to consider.

As RF 7 stated,. the Winning bidders name and amount are posted on the sale.

Contact Him/her to see if in Fact they Did back out! Also contact the Ebay listed seller, to check with him.........

I would NOT buy this..........I went into ebay and did a search of previous sales,

there was only one for 710.00............ Please back out of this!

Was probably a shady way of finding out your top bid, but none-the-less, it was your top bid. This is not the typical scam second chance offer we've been seening. The guy cancelled the other bids and Gilbert is the legitimate Ebay winner.

He is in Montrose CO. Gilbert you can go pick those up right? For some reason, I'm thinking you live in CO.

I believe this deal is Legit. On the "My Ebay" screen, it clearly states that I am the winning bidder. And, yes I will pick these amps up in person.

The way I received notice is completely different from the way the 2nd Chance scammers have been trying to trick me. My ebay member name is "catdenise", and even the auction window itself show's me as the winner.

The seller's name is Len, and he has contacted me. His email address is the same as that shown on the ebay auction page. The web links and everything match up... This has to be legit, or one very very computer savy scammer. And most are just yahoo's that don't really understand PC's........ I'm too excited, Ahhh! breath in...breath out.....wax on....wax off.....Ahhhh! again.

The original high bid was $2800. Which is still pretty darn high, but significantly less than what those MC30's and MC240's have been going for. I beleive what hurt this seller is the fact that he wouldn't accept PayPal.

Anyway.....Ahhhhh!

Gilbert,

Well it sure sounds like congratulations are in order! Not much to worry about if you can pick them up in person.

By the way where is Colorado do you live? My sister resides in Redvale not to awful for from Montrose. I visited her there a few years ago beautiful country.

Craig

Doesn't take paypal, wants you send bidpay or western union? It just doesn't smwell very good after the others that lost thousands.

Tell him you'll show up in person with cash green money, see what he does. Yoo can always change your mind later, after you see how he reacts to the cash pickup deal. :)

Smelly, very smelly, was the "No Paypal" deal listed on the ofiginal auction? And the first three bidders tried anyway?

Whatever you do, don't send any money in any form to a PO box or use Bidpay or Western Union.

Craig:

I live in Broken Arrow, OK. But the company I work for has an office in Castle Rock, CO. Which is just 20 min. south of Denver. I sometimes visit that office, so it's just a few hours drive from there to Montrose.

On another note, I hear you make some sweet sounding amps. In particular, the MK III's. We need to talk about some of your customized gear. I've got some dbx and Klipsch gear that I've finally made up my mind to sell. Once that's done, I'd like to purchase a PreAmp/Tuner/Amp combo from you. Something very special, a NOSValves masterpiece, nothing less. PM me with any suggestions you may have, and give me an e$timate for the cost.

Added at 8pm CST:

Just got off the phone with the seller. Everything seems cool, He'll ship to my door for $70 bucks, or I can pick up in person. He'd even be willing to meet me somewhere in between. Super cool, and I'm still excited.

Congrats Gilbert! I am very interested to hear what your opinion is of the "tube sound" when you get them and try them, hopefully they are not destined to the closet at least for a little while.

You definately chose a nice pair to purchase, say didn't I post the link to them. They look super and I am sure that they will look better lit up and pumping current through a pair of Klipsch Heritage speakers. I hope that they arrive safe and sound.

I may sell off a couple of pieces of my high end DBX gear if you give them praises in performance.