Klipsch Pilgramage 2005

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

colterphoto1 wrote regarding a possible trip to Hope:

"And based on my recent FL trip for Cornwalls, I'm certainly up for an adventure."

My hat is off to you Michael--I think you're rivaling Tom Mobley for the "Ultimate Klipsch Road Warrior" title! Maybe we should make some kind of custom T-shirt to be presented annually for the longest road trip in pursuit of more kool Klipsch gear!

Best in horns,

triceratops

• Moderators

----------------

On 2/7/2005 7:03:53 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Beside, with Amy along, we can make our own night life, right Amy???

----------------

LOL, Michael!

As it is, though, I'm afraid I probably wouldn't make the Hope trip.

----------------

On 2/8/2005 10:51:03 AM Amy Unger wrote:

----------------

On 2/7/2005 7:03:53 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Beside, with Amy along, we can make our own night life, right Amy???

----------------

LOL, Michael!

As it is, though, I'm afraid I probably wouldn't make the Hope trip.

----------------

Michael, You will have more chaparones than you can imagine. 12.gif

Amy, just send me a PM as to who I need to talk to at Klipsch to get you AND Trey both to Hope for the trip. I'll see to it that you get to make the trip. Since you've taken on more responsibility with the forum I've noticed that members are behaving better. Show up in Hope and there's potential for some members to become real gentlemen in their conduct on the forum.2.gif I make a great case for forum support!

• Moderators

Wow, thanks guys! It's not a question of money for me, I know the company would get me there... You have to remember that I'm a new mom. I don't really have family that I could impose on for a few days, and making flight that would likely consist of changing planes, going through security, then renting a car to travel 2 hours there and 2 hours back, setting up in a hotel room, finding someone to watch a 9 month old in Hope... I don't know. I'm just thinking Trey could do a fine job with recruits he finds from here 1.gif

I would love to go, but I'll have to come up with some kind of solution...He's not like a dog that I could kennel 6.gif

----------------

On 2/10/2005 1:07:45 PM Amy Unger wrote:

making flight that would likely consist of changing planes, going through security, then renting a car to travel 2 hours there and 2 hours back, setting up in a hotel room
1.gif

----------------

Hope would be fun, but Indy sure is a lot more convenient for those of us that will be racking up frequent the flyer miles. 9.gif

I never knew Milwaukee's Best was a micro brew!

My vote is still for Indy.

Trey or Amy, any tentative dates picked yet?

----------------

On 2/7/2005 9:07:47 PM j-malotky wrote:

Hope of Indy.... either way, let me know as I will bring a lot of Milw's best micro brew beer like usual for the Friday night get together
1.gif

JM

----------------

Trey, just plan it, we will come. Hope or Indy, don't think it'll make huge difference in # attending, just the cost involved for some. Might be last chance for Hope though, right?

Many of us need to plan ahead so a descision one way or another with date would be very helpful. Especially if plane travel is involved.

Thanks,

Michael

• Klipsch Employees

We hope to set a date and place next week. We can line up some cool stuff for both locations.

It may cost more to go to Hope for most folks.

Like Amy said, you will have to rent a car if you fly in...the airport in Little Rock is about 120 miles from the Hotel in Hope. (well the best hotel in Hope)

OK, my 2 cents...want change ask....10.gif

TRIP to HOPE, to easy, timing, would be GREAT....wellllllllllll.....CHAMPCAR in July...OUT...10.gif

I think end of August due to kids back in school factor, Mom and Dad a chance alone at the end of the summer holiday season..LETS ROCK.. 10.gif

Boomer, party bus would be easy if everyone was coming in on same flight or within same couple of hours. Can you imagein the flight schedules for the various membership coming in from various parts of the US? Probably folks arriving over a 8 hour period minimum. That's one expensive bus ride.

We've got LIMO service in Indy for not much more than cab fare, which could be shared, not to mention serveral local members who'll probably offer pickups as well.

I could not attend Indy trip last year due to work commitments, was transport from airport that difficult? We'll do what we can!

Michael

Trey,

Thanks for working on the Pilgrimage this week.

I'll be staying at home, but is the Holiday Inn Pyramids far enough away for 465 to avoid loud interstate noise. Being a sound buff, I find it troublesome to sleep in loud motels.

Otherwise, it's close enough, cost is reasonable, probably got the breakfast buffet thing going as well, right?

Michael

My "vote" is still for Hope.

However, whatever hotel we use (Hope or Indy), we need the hotel management to understand that we would like a conference room where we can set up and play music late on Friday night at concert hall sound levels! (unless something else is planned for Friday evening).

BTW, last year I rented a midsized car in Indy for $16 per day. They had a compact for $13 per day!