Klipsch Pilgramage 2005

Amy wrote:

"All our engineering facilities are in Indy. New anechoic chambers, SLA machine, listening rooms, ID lab, extensive audio library, most of our lead engineers, top executives...If you want to party AND go for audio, Indy is the answer."

Thanks to Amy for making these points. I am certain a trip to Indy will be a memorable and enlightening experience and I greatly appreciate the company's willingness to host this nutty bunch of hobbyists. It is also worth noting that the Klipsch company's range of product, appeal, and engineering extends way beyond the venerable Heritage equipment so loved here on the Forum (see the thread "Amy's right!" in 2-Channel).

My only reason for wanting to jump on Trey's offer to go to Hope is that I don't assume it is a standing offer that will be around forever. I think the well established headquarters in Indy should be around and accessible for quite a good long while.

As for convenience, I'm nowhere near Hope so I would be flying in. It's such an exceptional opportunity, I hate to let it slip away. I will be happy to rent a minivan (if available) and provide rides to and from the airport with others arriving about the same time if that helps.

Still hoping for a shift in the winds,

triceratops

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had my druthers (unfortunately they fell off last week), I'd choose Hope. Of course, the trip's a bit of a pipe dream anyway. I DO have relatives in OK and TN,though...maybe a combo trip?

I'd like to meet Trey & Amy, and the folks that bang together the Heritage speakers. Of course, an audience with Miss Valerie would be the cherry on top. Oh, I would also like to be set free in the basement of the museum to do a little snoopin' around...

"I doubt there will be unlimited future opportunities to go to Hope with the Forum crew. We've got a shot at it this year with a sympathetic administrator who's willing to make the trip. Who knows if that chance will come around next year or ever again? I'm hoping a few more Heritage buffs will jump on the Hope bandwagon to possibly swing things that way. I like the idea of going to Indy...next year!"

Good point, Triceratops.

It seems that travel logistics is the primary detractor for going to Hope. If flying into Dallas would be easier or less expensive than into Little Rock, maybe some of the Dallas area members would be willing to help with ground transportation to/from Hope. I could pick up at least three at DFW airport before heading to Hope. I'm sure there are others here that could do the same. Just a thought.

Hey Seadog,

I'm totally open on the travel plans, too. If DFW would work better than Little Rock, I'd fly into there and help haul people over. I will basically do anything that would increase the interest within the Forum for a Hope trip. I don't know about Little Rock, but I'm sure that I could rent virtually any kind of vehicle in DFW. I could certainly rent a minivan there and maybe shuttle six over to Hope. How long of a drive is it from DFW?

Best in horns,

triceratops

----------------

On 2/2/2005 8:07:51 PM triceratops wrote:

Hey Seadog,

I'm totally open on the travel plans, too. If DFW would work better than Little Rock, I'd fly into there and help haul people over. I will basically do anything that would increase the interest within the Forum for a Hope trip. I don't know about Little Rock, but I'm sure that I could rent virtually any kind of vehicle in DFW. I could certainly rent a minivan there and maybe shuttle six over to Hope. How long of a drive is it from DFW?

Best in horns,

triceratops

----------------

Triceratops,

That is a very decent offer to fly into DFW and shuttle folks to Hope. For some folks, DFW as destination would represent some fare savings over LR. Would be interesting to check out. Little Rock would have the usual availability on car rentals, etc.

edit: well maybe not. no wonder so many airlines are going bankrupt. just went to expedia to check out a few fares. found one AA flight that is $100 cheaper from Denver to LR (via DFW) than it is from Denver to DFW. Go figure. There are times in the past though, and I'm sure in the present, when some savings was to be had when dropping the last leg of an itinerary.

To Michael and other folks lobbying for Indy,

I understand the desirability to have the event close to home, but let me just throw a few things out there. I'm no expert on demographics or population densities, but I suspect that probability favors Forum members living near, or knowing someone who lives near, or having some business travel that passes through Indy rather than Hope. That I assume is one of the reasons Klipsch HQ is located in Indy--it is a major hub of culture and commerce.

What concerns me is that even though the last few events have been hosted at Indy, the next one will likely be there too. If that is the case, is there ever a reason to go to Hope? If so, when? When that time comes and everyone is ready to go to Hope will the factory still be there? Will they still have an opportunity to meet Ms Valerie? Will Trey still be willing to host the trip?

I know all of us are in this hobby for the long run. If you want to go to Indy this year, I assume you have good reasons for that. But I assume your reasoning also includes a plan for a trip to Hope in the near future. If we make convenience the last word, I suspect that Indy will always be more convenient for more people.

Respectfully,

triceratops

out in the middle of nowhere

much agreed Triceratops (clearly the coolest of all the Jurassic period), A Hope tour would be more revealing, plus many of the current active members just saw Indy this year (I didn't make the party but had a personal tour by Mr. Klipsch recently). And based on my recent FL trip for Cornwalls, I'm certainly up for an adventure. Beside, with Amy along, we can make our own night life, right Amy???

But I do offer some limited lodging if you all come to Indy.

Michael