Klipsch Pilgramage 2005

• Klipsch Employees

Most of Arkansas is dry. For those that dont know, Dry = no beer.

You can only transport 2 cases and 1/5 of the hard stuff at a time.

Now that is not to say that you can't get the stuff. You can all ways go to one of the local "dives" for a drink. Not the best idea.

You could drive to Texarkana 30 miles away, but the chooses are not much better there.

For party and nightlife, Indy is the place to go.

However, I can pull together some "cool" stuff in Hope.

Mark ( the chamber dude) and I talked last week about the possible trip back to Hope. He is looking forward to having us if we go to Hope.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 1/30/2005 11:33:50 AM fini wrote:

How about Republicans go to Indy, Democrats go to Hope? We don't want any fist-fights...
1.gif

----------------

Now you've done it. You left those poor fence sitting buggers in the middle not knowing where to go, they may wind up at the bose festival hosted by Pat Buchannon and Jesse Ventura...your a cruel man fini.2.gif

Question 1: Indy, easier to get to.

Question 2: The Heritage line. Local dealer carries them, but only stocks Khorns. I'd definatley like to hear the rest of them.

Question 3: Summer

Question 4: Not sure, haven't been to a Pilgramage before, so I haven't met anyone.

Out of curiousity does anyone bring their wives/girlfriends to these? I think my girlfriend would be pretty interested in coming.

• Moderators

----------------

On 1/31/2005 4:35:41 PM Shade wrote:

Out of curiousity does anyone bring their wives/girlfriends to these? I think my girlfriend would be pretty interested in coming.
----------------

Yes they do! Please bring them! I need a little more balance in my life 1.gif

Brought my Wife last year... she is very hard to impress, but I think she was very impressed with everything at Klipsch.

Of course Trey had to turn on the in-walls in the Heritage room... The in-walls impressed her more than the big K-Horns! Thanks a lot Trey! Sometimes women are just too practical. lol.

I'm not sure some of you city slickers could handle Hope. One of their claims to fame is their big watermelon patch.

And as far as I can tell, there's no place for poetry readings with light jazz accompaniment. That means no one like the Purple Poetry Lady, who was the highpoint for many at the last get-together.

• Moderators

----------------

On 2/1/2005 12:10:12 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Who knows.... My beautiful wife Cindy has suggested a "Woman's day out" trip for saturday. Meet up with the guys for Dinner.

Could be shopping...

Day at the spa...

Great brunch and shopping... LOL

Just as some ideas....
----------------

Hmmm, Hope is a lovely little town and all ...but we'd definitely have to have it in Indy for great shopping and a day at the spa....

I'll take the ladies on this part of the tour, for sure!! 1.gif

----------------

On 2/1/2005 11:25:38 AM Amy Unger wrote:

Hmmm, Hope is a lovely little town and all ...but we'd definitely have to have it in Indy for great shopping and a day at the spa....

I'll take the ladies on this part of the tour, for sure!!
1.gif

----------------

Actually Amy we were counting on you to deliver the "How to lift La Scala's by Yourself" seminar on that day...4.gif

Trey wrote:

"For party and nightlife, Indy is the place to go.

However, I can pull together some 'cool' stuff in Hope.

Mark ( the chamber dude) and I talked last week about the possible trip back to Hope. He is looking forward to having us if we go to Hope."

Here's my appeal to the Forum members: Indy is easier to get to and has more non-Klipsch stuff to do--but that's not my main focus. I doubt there will be unlimited future opportunities to go to Hope with the Forum crew. We've got a shot at it this year with a sympathetic administrator who's willing to make the trip. Who knows if that chance will come around next year or ever again? I'm hoping a few more Heritage buffs will jump on the Hope bandwagon to possibly swing things that way. I like the idea of going to Indy...next year!

Still hoping for a change in the winds,

triceratops

• Moderators

----------------

On 2/2/2005 8:43:46 AM Tony Reed wrote:

If you want "audio" go to Hope

----------------

Not trying to knock the value of going to Hope, but for perpective's sake:

Indy isn't just for partying.

All our engineering facilities are in Indy. New anechoic chambers, SLA machine, listening rooms, ID lab, extensive audio library, most of our lead engineers, top executives...If you want to party AND go for audio, Indy is the answer.

Hope has some manufacturing and the museum--which are both interesting as well.

I'm not trying to sway anyone--I have no preference. I just wanted to paint a more accurate picture.

FWIW, I could care less about any of the "partying" aspect, but of course would love to see the engineering side of things. Hope is far closer, and an easy justification for a quick day or two away (and quite a bit cheaper).

Perhaps TWO outings - the same weekend - one moderator here, one there - you could have "live web check-ins" and reports between gatherings.

Either would be interesting, but my time and money would be best spent nearer home, so I am pushing for Hope as well (though I don't think it is going to be the consensus). Indy is NOT close, though I will find myself there one day....

Popbumper

----------------

On 2/1/2005 11:25:38 AM Amy Unger wrote:

----------------

On 2/1/2005 12:10:12 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Who knows.... My beautiful wife Cindy has suggested a "Woman's day out" trip for saturday. Meet up with the guys for Dinner.

Could be shopping...

Day at the spa...

Great brunch and shopping... LOL

Just as some ideas....
----------------

I'll take the ladies on this part of the tour, for sure!!
1.gif

----------------

Maybe I should send you my wife's work email address, so you can convince her how much fun it would be...