Klipsch Pilgramage 2005

Trey-

Thanks again for putting the energy into this!

1. I'd love to see Hope. I figure with the engineering and corporate center being at Indy there may be additional chances to go there in future years. But since the last two pilgrimages have featured Indy, I'd vote for Hope this time around.

2. Anything and everything

3. Summer sounds good

4. Anyone who works (or used to work) at Klipsch that would like to swap anecdotes, technology, or folk tales with the group!

Thanks again.

triceratops

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Hope and the shops where the Heritage are built.

I would like Klipsch to have a room set up with Klipschorns and LaScalas.

I would like everyone who has modified their Heritage speakers to bring one of them so we could all A/B them with the stock Heritage speakers.

Is that asking a lot? It would rule out being able to fly in.

----------------

On 1/21/2005 11:51:11 AM Q-Man wrote:

I would like everyone who has modified their Heritage speakers to bring one of them so we could all A/B them with the stock Heritage speakers.

----------------

Oh how cool would that be! Let us put them in the Anechoic chamber and see what they do! I would be up for that... Except all the work unmounting them from my ceiling and hauling them in my truck.

I would love to hear Jim H's MCM barn. Heck, just fire up the stack in the Lobby. Just pass out ear plugs first.

Ask Fred K to take us to his Home Theater using all PRO equipment.

Also, George has a good point. There are a lot more bars and other things to do in INDY as compared to Hope.

JM

----------------

----------------

Wouldn't be too much trouble to fly in to Little Rock. Distance to Hope is 112 miles from there. There are a number of Forum members in central Arkansas, I'm sure, who would be happy to take some hitch-hikers along.

----------------

On 1/21/2005 4:02:37 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

----------------

----------------

Wouldn't be too much trouble to fly in to Little Rock. Distance to Hope is 112 miles from there. There are a number of Forum members in central Arkansas, I'm sure, who would be happy to take some hitch-hikers along.

----------------

When I said that, I was thinking of how to bring one of my modified Klipschorns and maybe another bass horn speaker.

I made a similar suggestion last year and it didn't receive any response, so I let it go.

----------------

On 1/21/2005 7:25:16 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

QMan,

O.K. didn't know what you meant. If I could be of help with logistics here, let me know. Are you thinking about sending some gear air freight?

----------------

Air fright might be a possiblity, or option to check out, but I would probably rent a van and drive. This all depends on where and when this meeting would take place and if there is even an interest do such a thing.

----------------

On 1/22/2005 6:33:07 AM Q-Man wrote:

----------------

On 1/21/2005 7:25:16 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

QMan,

O.K. didn't know what you meant. If I could be of help with logistics here, let me know. Are you thinking about sending some gear air freight?

----------------

Air fright might be a possiblity, or option to check out, but I would probably rent a van and drive. This all depends on where and when this meeting would take place and if there is even an interest do such a thing.

----------------

Gotcha.3.gif

Question 1: Where do we go? Hope? Or Indy?

Question 2: What would you like to see?

Question 3: When do the have this? ( I suggest after school is out for the summer)

Question 4: Who (from Klipsch) would you like to be there?

1. Indy, is my first choice.

Later someday at Hope, AR especially if we can get a factory tour. I am biassed, the Indy gatherings are a lot of fun!

2.) The movie theater tour, movie night was incredible.

A really good test area for esoteric wire vs regular.

A really good room for K horns. Everyone claims tube amps vs good ss amps... How about showing us?

Anything new in the works..(premier lineup) How can we as outsiders help you too at klipsch maybe a questionair if it helps you somehow too?

3.) Yes after school. In June when the weather is great. The date us set so far for June 17 practice june 18 qualifications and June 19th for the US Grand Prix / Formula One Race. So either before that or after that. 10th -12th or the 24th- 26th.

Name tags with areas they work at,might help for us..LOL I think anyone that can answer some ?'s. From engineering to marketing and of course a short if they can address us all message from say Paul Jacobs or Fred would be really welcomed.

We need nametags that have our Klipsch BB name and our names too.

I think a K Horn or RF-7 raffle would be interesting.

Everybody buys one ticket for say $ 40 or 100 (if K Horns).

Maybe 60 entries

Winner get them shipped free to their home.

Signed owners manual by the Klipsch technical staff perhaps.

It owuld be the only way i would ever afford new K Horns in this decade.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/24/2005 9:48:34 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

Maybe 60 entries

It owuld be the only way i would ever afford new K Horns in this decade.

----------------

i like that idea!

----------------

On 1/19/2005 1:20:39 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

1. From what I've heard and seen in pics, the trip to Hope was not only fabulous, but a once in a lifetime experience for many, having met Mr. Paul there. If it was convenient for Miss Valerie to be there, it would be an honor to meet her.

2. Factory and Museum

3. Summer works for me

4. Trey Cannon

----------------

Ditto, I'm with Daddy Dee. I'd like to check out Amy too, I'll be nice.

----------------

On 1/24/2005 9:48:34 AM Audio Flynn wrote:

Maybe 60 entries

It owuld be the only way i would ever afford new K Horns in this decade.----------------

I am OK with this idea for sure.

The raffle idea is a good one. Wouldn't even have to wait until Pilgrimmage. Just take someone considered to be trustworthy, like DeanG (he was trusted enough to forward cash gifts from forum members to another forum member who happened to be in a bind) and send him the raffle bucks on Paypal. Let him setup chips or slips and draw one out of a hat. He of course, wouldn't be eligible for the prize, but it could work.

Then again, he might want to be in the raffle as a chance taker.