Klipsch Pilgramage 2005

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 1/26/2005 10:01:03 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

No date yet, still waiting on as many to add their 2 cents as want to.

I would like to see 50 or so folks give their ideas.

----------------

Please plan it on a date when you guys typically get good weather, because I'd like to take the bike out for a good stretch. Hope, AR is just 200 miles from me.

About the same time as last year (mid June) is good for me. My first choice would be Hope since I have not been there and it is easy driving distance (230 miles) from the DFW area. However, if it is in Indy, I'll still most likely come.

A question for Trey, if Indy is the site, could a later "mini pilgrimage" in Hope be arranged for those of us who may like to drive in for a visit of the museum and a tour of the factory. As an engineer working in manufacturing (and owner of 10 speakers built there), I would really like to see the factory.

Edit: I forgot about the KG4s, make that 12 speakers built in Hope 1.gif

----------------

On 1/26/2005 10:40:43 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

Seadog;

you got K Horns now

What a maniac?

Did you abduct them from your brother?

----------------

No, my brother would defend his with his life!

I got that pair for sale in Dallas last month for $1K ! I thought I had lost out on that deal, but ended up with them.9.gif

See the thread "FS- Klipschorns $1000, Dallas"

Guest Anonymous

Indy is fine by me,I would like to visit the Hope factory and museum..If Its decided on Indy let`s please change Hotel, I would like to re-visit the Jazz Club and a trip to the Hard rock cafe or other places were Klipsch speakers are installed..Definatelly would like to see Trey again (great host).

----------------

On 1/26/2005 10:06:01 PM Gilbert wrote:

----------------

On 1/26/2005 10:01:03 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

No date yet, still waiting on as many to add their 2 cents as want to.

I would like to see 50 or so folks give their ideas.

----------------

Please plan it on a date when you guys typically get good weather, because I'd like to take the bike out for a good stretch. Hope, AR is just 200 miles from me.

----------------

Is Indy a good stretch as well? 9.gif

1) Hope or Indy sounds fine to me. Seems like Hope would be fun but a bigger hassle for many of us to get too. But I'm sure the shoe is on the other foot for some. Also what kind of Hotel's and such are available in Hope? How far is the nearest Airport?

2) If Indy the Hard Rock seems like a great Idea

3) Same time as last year seems great

4) Same crowd but Amy better make it this time with the new Son in tow ! So I guess it has to be Indy for this request.

5) Absolute must is a better room for the Friday Night Mixer !!

Craig,

Flying into Little Rock would be likely be the best air connection. It's 112 miles from Hope, though some might connect to Texarkana, 35 miles west of Hope. Texarkana is served by the commuter divisions of Continental and Amer Airlines. It would be worth checking out I suppose if someone had a real good fare to Dallas/Ft.Worth.

There are some forum members around Little Rock who would be happy to help you out with local accomodations and transportation. Just bring a pair of VRD's and forget about bringing them back.3.gif

Looks like motels are o.k.

Besides, you can stop by the Clinton Library in Little Rock. Have your picture taken with me.

I don't know whether my finances will allow me to go, but if so, either Indy or Hope would be a blast (if I have to choose, Indy). Anytime during the summer is fine. Meeting any of the important designers/engineers for the latest Klipsch products would be a plus (to include Trey, Amy, and Fred natch). Raffles are great! Hearing some Heritage with Craig's monoblocks and Mark's Peach/Blueberry, along with great Reference/Premiere and Aragon HT components setup in decent rooms would be sweet indeed. Afterhour activities are fine (but I'd probably be too tired and just go back to the hotel).

It is unrealistic, but I'd vote for Hope.

In 2001 we learned that Trey Cannon and chairman of the chamber of commerce (who addressed us) were in battle for the title of the funniest guy in Hempstead County. When Trey moved to Indy, the chairman took the title. Trey is now the funniest guy in Indy.

We also got complementry hand fans from the local funeral home and T-shirts from the watermelon festival. We never got that level of quality in Indy.

Of course Indy is easier to get to. (ATA has a lot of flights and people living far away can get some good deals if they book early.) Unlike Hempstead County it is not "dry", does not have massive chicken farms, or continuous rain.

Smile,

Gil