Glad to be here!!!

gonzp

Hello all,My name is Patrick and this is my first post I am very happy to have found this forum!!! I currently have an Almarro A318A integrated tube amp and a pair of 1986 model Heresays and the Klipsch bug has hit me bad9.gif I live in the Rocky Mountain region and I am looking for a pair of Klipschorns, La Scalas or Belles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HELP!

You are beyond help.

You gonna have to struggle along like the rest of us.

Welcome...

Hope you find ti fun you can learn so much from such an odd colection of audio loons.

You aint gonna learn squat from me.

I aint never biult no 2A3 amp and I may never buy a passive preamp; I got issues.

----------------

On 2/14/2005 3:51:59 AM maxg wrote:

Welcome on board - and good luck with the search.

Does look like the Klipsch bug has bitten again - dont worry - it happens and the only thing that suffers is your wallet!!

----------------

Yes!

The wallet. First you fill it. Than you empty it. I can not yet tell you when it ends! Good luck2.gif

Welcome to the forum. No better place on the net to learn how to spend your hard-earned money.2.gif

One piece of advice I can give is to be patient. Don't settle for something that is not exactly what you're looking for unless it's a deal too good to pass up. Your choice of speakers is excellent and pairs come up for sale all the time. When the right one comes your way, you'll know it.

Good luck!

Welcome to the fray. Just so you know the Klipsch bug is incurable. The only known treatment is to feed the phobia, which makes the affliction grow even stronger. After awhile you will find yourself lurking alone in the dark on e-bay, audiogon, craiglist ...just hoping to grab that K-horn fix. Its OK we are kind of a support group, ......well thats a lie we are full fledge addicts with no desire to even hope for a cure, face it dude you are hopeless now...In short there is no help. Ha Ha ..Ha ha !!! Im OK really its just a...2.gif

Welcome. You will like it here. All of your speakers choices can be purchased new from an authorizzed Klipsch dealer. If you are going used check out:

ebay.com

audiogon.com

craigslist.org in your area.

Those are all big speakers carrying big price tags for shipping, so be pateint and try to find something locally. Also watch local want ads in your area.

Welcome to the Forum, just for kicks, click the logos of some of the people who have responded to your post so far. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that this love for Klipsch circles the GLOBE already! How cool is that!

Get ready for the ride of your life, as your Heresies will soon be joined by a couple of more pairs of Klipsch speakers. You can't get by with just one pair! Its a wonderful, expensive, crazy, yet fulfillling hobby we all embark on.

So strap in tight and like my Grandpa used to say ' save your nickels'

Michael

Welcome to the forum and they are right, we are from many places around the world and we love Klipsch. What would be interesting is to see the progression in amps and preamps that the members have evolved into over the years. Pioneer 737 SS receiver (1977) to SAE SS amp and preamp (1982) to Acurus A-150 amp and RL-11 SS preamp (1996) to Mapletree Audio 4A SE tube preamp (2005) to McIntosh MC-30 tube monoblocks (2005) to Peach tube preamp (2005). A few dollars along the way, but I never would have got this far with the advise of the loons on this forum. They turned me into one of them. Read the comments and learn, but also realize that many of us are just full of it. 9.gif

----------------

On 2/14/2005 3:17:11 AM gonzp wrote:

the Klipsch bug has hit me bad... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

----------------

I'm sorry about your affliction. The Heresy's are a great panacea. The Klipschorns however, offer a more complete antidote.

lynnm small world, I belong to AK and I bought my Almarro from BrianB. He has a small Almarro that he will let AK members in good standing audition for a 2 week period. You have to pay the shipping to send the amp on to the next auditioner on the list. AK is a wonderful sight and judjing from the welcome that I received here on the Klipsch forum I am in internet heaven!!!9.gif9.gif9.gif

Patrick

Welcome!

...so have you heard the fully horn-loaded Klipsch speakers (K-Horns, Belles, LaScalas)? I was very happy with my Fortes for years, not having heard any of the three I just mentioned since before I plunked down for the Fortes.

Last summer, I thought, what the heck, I haven't heard Klipschorns in over 15 years, I should get down to the local shop (which has a pair of Anniversary Editions, signed by the late, great Paul W. Himself)... and after hearing those big midrange horns, which reproduce a recording of a French Horn that actually sounds like a French Horn in a way the smaller mid-horns in the Heresy-Cornwall-Forte-etc. are not capable of, I too have been bitten.

Unfortunately, I just finished converting to HT, and remodeling my kitchen, so I'm afraid that (in the Bush economy, at least) I will not be able to afford to slake this particular thirst for quite some time. But best of luck on your own pursuit; and remember that a really good subwoofer will open up the bottom end of recordings and bring a sense of realism to your recordings that will blow you away. Again.

2.gif

I am also new to the forum it is great. I have been lucky when it comes to speakers. I bought a pair altec valencia's off a guy for 20.00 they needed a littel work but once I finished they were worth the time.The next month I went to a garage sale and found a pair of la scala for 150.00 and all I had to do is plug and play. Take your time and check the classifieds you never know.1.gif

Geez I live in the wrong state. If I read any more line from Thebes(cheap marrantz 8), Gary (FREE KHORNS), now Kitty Buddy with his purchases I will refuse to spend another dime. 9.gif

Welcome aboard and listen to what Gary said...take your time, save your nickels, and buy right the first time. Otherwise you will have 4 two channel systems like me...Craig, do not say a thing.