Chance to buy Cornwalls...should I?

mcp

I have a chance to buy a pair of Cornwalls in birch finish for $475. One side of one speaker needs to be refinished...supposed to go see them tomorrow. Supposedly been in storage for 10 years. Should I consider them to replace my KG4s in a 12 X 20 room (8'-12' ceiling)? Opinions?

Go Orange!

Go for it they sound great!

However, if you decide you don't want them and they seem to be in good shape I'll take them. My entire family lives in Syracuse and they could store them for me until I can come get them.

Absolutely, go for the upgrade. I upgraded from KG4s to Cornwalls a couple of years ago. It's a big improvement. That's also not a bad price.

Warning: The only problem is that once you do that, you may not be able to stop. Now I have 5 Cornwalls, 2 Herseys and Khorns, and I still have the KG4s. I guess its a weakness.9.gif

You should buy them, but learn from my, and DoubleJ's, (i think) recent mistakes. I bought a pair of Cornwalls and found them to have Radio shack tweeters and DoubleJ bought a pair of K-Horns with blown woofers. Neither of us listened to our speakers before buying them. So, you'll want to inspect each driver carefully, to be sure they work and are not cheap replacement parts. Good luck.....Rick.

Go get the Cornwalls now! 6.gif

IMHO keep the KG4's for future rear channel/reinforcement use. I'm using my kg's this way with my ChorusII's (Cornwall's nephew). The more efficient Chorus dominate the room (thus masking any kg shortcomings), but the kg reinforcement works well for HT. My room's a bit smaller than yours, so your results should be even better.1.gif