My New/Used 2-Channel System

Gilbert

Thank you. No lingerie though, she keeps that in the closet, 90% of which she took possession of. And I do realize the fact that I'm lucky dog. Most of the time anyway, I have been know to catch a flea or 2 or 3 or 4 on occasion.

I do love looking at the tubes though. There's no better way of listening to music, unless it's live, maybe. I am forever committed to tubes.

----------------

On 2/26/2005 9:30:41 PM NOSValves wrote:

Very nice Gilbert ! I bet your in search of a wood case for that C22.----------------

Funny you should ask Craig. I did purchase 1 from ebay. It arrived on yesterday, and was destroyed during shipping. Damn good thing I paid that $1.85 for insurance. Lucky dog syndrome. The culprit was FedEx Ground.

FedEx provided me with a Damaged Item No. and is suppose to pick it up to return to the seller this Monday. The seller told me not to worry, because he had 4 others. FedEx was very appologetic, and said the were sorry for damaging it. I told them they didn't damage it, they DESTROYED it. The box was even soaked with motor oil.

Here's what those muther's did to it. She had beautiful graining too. What a shame. The top cover was separated from both sides and a corner had been crushed. 8.gif

html>

Thanks Steve....I've still got a way's to go, but I'm push'n it pretty hard. Lot's of work, and overtime, but it'worth it to me. I'll make it up to the wife and kid's with a special little summer vacation.

Then I'll slip in the SACD player. I may even go back to vinyl. I dunno?

No, they don't have their shots yet. I'm gonna load'em up with some good tubes and dump the mix and match tube configuration thay came with. I'll definitely shed that Chineese and Russian garbage before sending them off for their complete physical. But so far, they do sound very very sweet, sexy even. Certainly better than anything I've ever heard in a long long time. I'll say it again, tubes are were the music is at. There just no doubt about it.

For tubes, I got some new NOS Mullard 12AU7's a week ago, and just aquired a pair of matched NOS Tung Sol's from ebay. Need one more matched pair of Tung's. Still fighting looking for a prices on the 12AX7's though. It's gonna be a while, month or 2 at least, before I can fully load those amps up for bear. But it'll happen. Just give me some time.