KHorns $700 in Illinois

Thumpelstiltskin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight. These Khorns were offered on ebay for the FAIR taking at a great price that the seller was willing to accept, they get snatched up by someone who decides he doesn't want to go through with the deal for what ever reason, leaving the rest of us who would have been more than ecstatic to pick these up, especially that there local out in the cold.

Sorry, I don't consider that honorable, I consider it ignorant.

If you didn't want them, you could have informed the forum and allowed the first taker to complete the deal on your behalf, now that would have been the honorable thing to do.

Tom

----------------

On 3/1/2005 11:38:48 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

This didn't quite work out.

You fellows should watch e-bay for a re posting.

Let me say I have no concern about the seller or what he is advertising. I didn't see them in person. I did advise he could get a lot more for them. This would be fair and conscience free for all concerned.

Gil
----------------

I just reread Gil's post, on the other hand in all fairness, if the seller backed out then I retract my other post.

Tom

AnalOg:

Have you ever read any of Gil's thread??? As someone else who is in Chicagoland and may have wanted to pick these up, I don't consider Gill what you say...I think he felt he was taking advantage of someone who didn't know any better...his conscience made him inform the seller BEFORE the exchange of monies and it sounds like they both agreed to walk away...I think Gil is honorable for his actions...I may have done the same, I dunno...I understand your frustrations but c'mon...had Gil actually taken possession, should he have sold them off for the same or slightly more cash??? I think most of us here are in tune enough to know this sounds too good to be true and just might have been too good to be true...then again, someone here got free KHorns so who am I to argue.

Don't be too hard on Gil...me, I tip my cap to you, Gil!

Thanks for all you do, too!

Bill

----------------

On 3/3/2005 4:00:30 PM silversport wrote:

AnalOg:

Have you ever read any of Gil's thread??? As someone else who is in Chicagoland and may have wanted to pick these up, I don't consider Gill what you say...I think he felt he was taking advantage of someone who didn't know any better...his conscience made him inform the seller BEFORE the exchange of monies and it sounds like they both agreed to walk away...I think Gil is honorable for his actions...I may have done the same, I dunno...I understand your frustrations but c'mon...had Gil actually taken possession, should he have sold them off for the same or slightly more cash??? I think most of us here are in tune enough to know this sounds too good to be true and just might have been too good to be true...then again, someone here got free KHorns so who am I to argue.

Bill
----------------

Yes I've read Gil's threads, I have nothing against him in regards to the knowledge he brings to this forum. If you know me, I'm not one to ruffle feathers around here. This whole deal rubbed me the wrong way when I read it.

All have a right to do what they want, as he did, but I don't have to agree with it. Maybe I was a little harsh calling him ignorant for what he did, although I still feel he should have handled it differently considering he jumped on them and knocked everyone else here out of the opportunity to pick these up.

Yes, I know I missed my opportunity twice, that's my bad, I'll have to live with that.

Tom

To everything there is a reason

We may see it later than sooner. Or it may be pointed out to us.

I'm happy with 4 Cornwall IIs.

The only thing I would trade them for is a B style light Walnut or Oak.

If ever anyone needs to part with their K-Horns and wants 4 Cornwall IIs. Contact me.

But putting that humour aside.

I see all points - I'm a Libra.

Rick and Boomac, I hope you noticed I replied to some questions asked about another post.

dodger

that's messed up Gil. If you didn't want them for $700 you could have saved the seller all the hassle and costs of relisting them for a $750 BIN by simply giving him $50 more than the $700 BIN that you won.

His listing/selling fees for both auctions were at least $50.

You're kinda lost on this one bub.

14.gif

I would hope that you all can see me as impartial.

It's not my job to figure what happened.

All I know is that Gil had a choice, made it, it seems the seller made his choice.

I love it when people post equipment on the Forum First, but in this case to most degree, it's Gil's eBay Account, his feedback.

Please just consider this, He buys them, posts and one of the problem people had said I'll take them. And then backed out. Or if someone else did not want to go through shipping, or renting a van.

If Gil had said nothing, this discussion probably would not be happening.

I really am sorry but I don't believe in beating up on members unless I'm shafted. Gil has shafted no one.

If this reasoning makes no sense then you may as well include me for posting it.

It's too bad that I have to say I'm sorry for what in Court would be a legal opinion, but it is my feeling that no attacking is needed.

You can request of me to point out words of attack, I will say this page is a good example of negativity to someone that has helped many.

dodger

----------------

I don't believe in beating up on members unless I'm shafted. ----------------

if you lived locally to these khorns and wanted them you might be singing a different tune. I do not but I feel for those who do.

----------------

On 3/3/2005 4:12:02 PM AnalOg wrote:

----------------

On 3/3/2005 4:00:30 PM silversport wrote:

AnalOg:

Bill
----------------

Yes I've read Gil's threads, I have nothing against him in regards to the knowledge he brings to this forum. If you know me, I'm not one to ruffle feathers around here. This whole deal rubbed me the wrong way when I read it.

All have a right to do what they want, as he did, but I don't have to agree with it. Maybe I was a little harsh calling him ignorant for what he did, although I still feel he should have handled it differently considering he jumped on them and knocked everyone else here out of the opportunity to pick these up.

Yes, I know I missed my opportunity twice, that's my bad, I'll have to live with that.

Tom

----------------

well i can say i am very dissappointed as i was looking at the horns when gil struck the buy now seconds before me, and now to see he backed out, and even if it was a case of conscience that drove him to this the seller obviously didnt have a problem with 700.00 as he sold them for 750.00, for all anyone here knows the seller may have only paid 300 or whatever for them, i sure wish gil or someone had posted that they were going back up in a seperate thread. at least this way would have known without re reading the same thread. guess cant win them all10.gif Joe

I am going to go with Gil's judgement on this even with no details.

I think he goes out of his way around here to be helpful, and it doesn't take much imagination for me to think that he would exhibit those same attributes elsewhere.

DM2.gif

If there is one thing to learn from a career in sales, it's knowing the right questions to ask. Not everything is as it appears. Knowledge found is more valuable than knowledge received and getting burned is a humbling experience. I would imagine that these trophies need more than just polishing and that is why they were let go so cheaply.

----------------

On 3/3/2005 4:00:36 PM AnalOg wrote:

Well then I can fairly say my first post stands.

Tom

----------------

Tom, if you bought them on BIN as did Gil, you bought the right to second guess.

Otherwise, I'd reconsider. When did you buy options on this deal? Gil can do anything he wants with his.

Look, Gil did what he thought was right and I respect him more for it. If the seller, knowing what he learned, is only going to add $50 for it, I respect him MORE for it too.

At least he was not trying to make money from ill-gotten opportunity.

Sounds like they both have the morality of the thing dialed in.

If Gil really wanted it, he could have grabbed them for $750.

Some days I just feel old.

In his last post on this thread Gil said "You fellows should watch e-bay for a re posting". With that insider information, anyone who wanted to pursue these could have contacted the seller to see when they were going to be relisted and have been the first to pounce. Gil did all right.