Heritage or not�what gives?

rplace

Food for thought or discussion - form Klipsch web site:

Forte II - You have selected a Klipsch Classic product. The three-way Heritage Series Forte II was first introduced in 1989 and .

So why do I see some posts that Chorus/Forte/Quartet are not really heritage speakers? Surely I am missing something here. My dealer sold me my Forte IIs in the early 90s and had them in the same listening room as LaScalas. Told me that they were all in the same family with different sizes and prices to meet most needs/budgets. I was also told that if I stayed in the Heritage line I could trade up at any time and get my full purchase price in trade. Obviously they dont sound entirely the same or there would only need to be one speaker.

I could almost buy it if someone was to say the KH/LS/B have different woofer setups so they are a different type of speaker. But then I see Cornwalls lumped in with the real heritage and not C/F/Q. Cornwalls have a cone and not a folded horn for the low end, right?

Not trying to start a fight here, just honestly interested for my own knowledge.

Hi, if Klipsch is classifying it as a Heritage speaker, who ya gonna fight with? They call the shots around here ya know. 9.gif

I think some purist types, look at the K-horn, LaScala, Cornwall and Heresy as the *original* Heritage line of the 40's, 50's and 60's. 16.gif

----------------

On 3/1/2005 1:34:29 PM rplace wrote:

Food for thought or discussion - form Klipsch web site:

Forte II - You have selected a Klipsch Classic product. The three-way Heritage Series Forte II was first introduced in 1989 and .

So why do I see some posts that Chorus/Forte/Quartet are not really heritage speakers? Surely I am missing something here. My dealer sold me my Forte IIs in the early 90s and had them in the same listening room as LaScalas. Told me that they were all in the same family with different sizes and prices to meet most needs/budgets. I was also told that if I stayed in the Heritage line I could trade up at any time and get my full purchase price in trade. Obviously they dont sound entirely the same or there would only need to be one speaker.

I could almost buy it if someone was to say the KH/LS/B have different woofer setups so they are a different type of speaker. But then I see Cornwalls lumped in with the real heritage and not C/F/Q. Cornwalls have a cone and not a folded horn for the low end, right?

Not trying to start a fight here, just honestly interested for my own knowledge.

----------------

For most The Neritage line Consists of thos e speakers available in the early '70s:

K-Horn

Belle

LaScala

Cornwall

Heresy

That includes models I and II.

This i not to exclude those built earlier - Shorthorn and others.

The difference is the mid-range horn, Tractrix and Tweeter.

The Chorus, Forte, Quartet were adopted into the Heritage line as PWK was around

What happened to any of the Epics?

But the adding does not take away fro your speakers.

Some of us a re just Purists when it come to the horns.

Hope this helps,

dodger

EDIT:

Yes, the Cornwall 1 & II, along with the Heresys - I and II all have cone drivers for bass.

dodger

The original Klipsch line up was:

Klipschorn ('46-

Belle ('71-

La Scala ('6X?-

Cornwall ('59-'85)

Cornwall II ('85-'90)

Heresy ('59-'85)

Heresy II ('85-

Then starting in the mid eighties came the extended Heritage line:

Forte'/Forte' II

Chorus/Chorus II

Quartet

My take on it is this, if it has a name for instance Belle, Forte', etc. it is Heritage/Extended Heritage if it has a model number it is not.

What then, are the different 'lineups'?

I have heard of 'epic' series, so what are KLF, the KG's ksp and all the other myriad types between Heritage and Reference?

THis might explain how the Academy is so highly prized as a center, while the KLF sits as a lowly step-cousin. Laying all this out would help us to point Klipsch owners in the right direction when going from say a KG 2ch rig into 5.1 and above. Users would know exactly which speakers were of the same genre and those very close. This could avoid many misinformed purchases.

Thanks,

Michael

Heritage OK

The Klipschorn, La Scala, Belle Klipsch, Cornwall (I and II), and Heresy (I and II) models are the Heritage line. For the most part they share common drivers thus there is a very strong timbre match/and voicing although the Heresy II and Cornwall II do have different horn/driver combos. When you start to spread out into Forte, Chorus...the driver/horn compliment changes and that timbre match begins to weaken. The use of tractix horns begins here. You could call the other named speakers an Extended Heritage line but they tend to be a sub set all their own. I believe you will find the Academy matches better to the Quartet/Forte/Chorus models than the traditional Heritage line.

Colterphoto1:

I think the KLFs are Legend Series...I can't remember what the Academy is (I didn't get the box with mine)...s'funny but some don't even consider Heresys as REAL Heritage (Heresy, I say for what PWK called...what was it??? a third of a Klipschorn???)

Bill

----------------

On 3/3/2005 12:43:58 AM T2K wrote:

which brings up a question that I've often wondered about: what difference does it make?

Keith

----------------

Keith,I think that SOME people would like to separate the designs of Paul W. Klipsch from the designs of OTHERS who work or worked there. (not a shout) 1.gif

Regards,

Terry

I'd say that the appellation of "Heritage" belongs only to the K-Horn, LS, Belle, Cornwall (I) , and Heresy (I).

PWK may have breathed on later things and with good effect.

There was, though a watershed in construction material. The Heritage used plywood and metal. This may well make no difference in sound.

The Heritage does, though, fit in the time when cars had fins and phones had dials, to quote Kellor. Smile.

Gil

----------------

On 3/2/2005 8:02:38 AM silversport wrote:

Colterphoto1:

I think the KLFs are Legend Series...I can't remember what the Academy is (I didn't get the box with mine)...s'funny but some don't even consider Heresys as REAL Heritage (Heresy, I say for what PWK called...what was it??? a third of a Klipschorn???)

Bill

----------------

As other people already indicated, the "Original" Heritage series consists of the Klipschorn, LaScala, Belle Klipsch, Cornwall (I & II), and Heresey (I & II).

The Academy speaker goes with the "extended heritage" speakers, which include the Fortes (I & II), Chorus (I & II), and Quartets.

KLF's is the Klipsch Legend series, as the "KLF" stands for Klipsch Legend Floorspeaker.

Speakers with the "KSP" designation, such as the KSP-300 and KSP-400s Klipsch Synergy Premier.

Speakers with the "CF" designation, such as the CF-4, are the "Epic" series.

Speakers with the "KM" designation where made specifically for distribution to the US Armed Services overseas. I think it stands for Klipsch Military.

Speakers with the "KSF" designation such as the KSF-10.5 (which I found out last summer, my cousin had a pair) are some of the original Klipsch Synergy speakers, (which, if I am correct, the "SF" series came from, which are now replaced by the "new" Synergy, such as the F-3's. Correct me if I am wrong).

speakers with the "KT" designation are the orginal Klipsch THX speakers (before the current THX-Ultra line. Are the THX-Ultra line considered to be part of the current "Reference" series?)

Speakers with the "T" or "Tangent" designation are part of the Klipsch Tangent series. Has anybody on here have or heard any of those?

And of course, speakers with the "RF" designation, such as the RF-5s, RF-7, etc. are part of the Reference series.

I don't know if the KG's are part of a named series. I've always seen them refered to simply as just the "KG" series.

Now, where does speakers such as the Shorthorn and Rebel fit in? Where these part of the "Heritage" also? The product descripton on the Rebel 4 does indicate it is part of the Heritage Series.