How Many Cd's do you have

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, when i go out and buy a cd the first thing i do is back it up on my computer because i have had cd's stolen from me before or wrecked etc, anyways today i filled up an 80 gb external hard drive (all at 320 kbs 48.8 sample rate in aac format) with my cd's and i have about 7200 songs on my comp. If there is roughly 15 songs a disc that is about 480 cd's!!!! thats a lot of cd's if you ask me

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

430 cd's, 650 cassettes, 1500 albums, and 20 reel to reels. and still buying when i find something i like, about 12 years ago i thought i would get away from music and sold off most of my collection, over half my cd's, all my albums, and all my tapes, and my stereo. I went without for 10 years, a couple years ago i ran across a complete vintage pioneer setup for a low 400.00, found a pair of at 15 cerwin vegas for 200, and i got the bug again i had to move and sold that gear to a friend after getting situated again in a new place i went nuts and as you can see below now have a pretty nice system IMO

i also recently bought a pair of la scalas(havent picked them up yet, 800 mile round trip, but its snowing in new york so i had to put off the trip till next week) when the music strikes it hits hard and wont let up3.gif10.gif Joe

about 700 Cd's, 1200 LP's, 500 cassettes, only about 100 DVD's

NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS!

The Library is catalogued as follows:

Music Genre (Cats = Pop/Rock, Jazz, Classical, Elect/Ambient)

Alpha by artist (with offshoot bands shelved next)

Chrono by date released (or recorded in the case of archival live concerts)

For instance, the band Deep Purple contains their releases (43), Tommy Bolin(33), Glenn Hughes/Trapeze(6), Ritchie Blackmore/Rainbow(7), Ian Gillan (5), David Coverdale/Whitesnake(3)

It's about the music people!

JDM-dude, you're a MONSTER!(opps consult the legal dept)

whaddyathink Thebes and AllanS will clock in with?

Michael

spreadsheet? man that is too anal, even for me, no downlaods yet, a few copies, a few DVDs: Master & Commander, Total Recall, U-571!!! (action)

have cassettes (six left?)in my truck, only play the Thorogood or the Honey Drippers though

gave away records, now I wish I could burn them to DVD, will probabaly download most of them again someday, since they were old the quality is not as good as new ones, so download quality doesn't matter...

10.gif

----------------

On 3/12/2005 4:01:23 AM Frzninvt wrote:

I have them catalogued on MS Excel spreadsheets as well.

----------------

Shouldn't that be in a data base instead? Something like Access?

At one time I wanted a bar-code reader and accompanying software that would log the album title, artist, song titles and the time of each into a database. Later figured out that the source of information would have to be huge.

Would be nice though...