Billy Bob Thornton's Antiques

fini

From the latest issue of Sound & Vision Magazine...

You have antique Klipsch speakers and high-end electronics in your house. Do you consider yourself an audiophile?

Yeah, I'm very sound conscious even when I'm acting in a movie. When I direct, I make sure we get the sound right so we don't have to do a lot of looping . When you do that stuff six months later, your voice quality may be different or you're in a different mood. You're not actually in the scene at that moment.

Pretty cool article, gotta love the antique Klipsch thing. I am not entirely in agreement with him about the movie being good and look like crap; I find older images that are poor quality harder to watch. Having said that though I too am more enticed by the sound than the picture. I enjoy a good quality image but it is second to great sound to me.

----------------

On 3/25/2005 11:19:10 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

So what exactly is an 'antique' Klipsch speaker. Do my 1963 Cornwalls qualify?

Michael

----------------

Yes. My guess is that he probably has a pair of '60s (or older) K-horns, LaScalas, Belles, or Cornwalls (or perhaps multiple pairs). Heck, some people consider '70s gear to be "vintage."

Carl.

Hey Carl, how are you liking the DHAOxer's? What kind of network did ole' Dean work up for your '62 Cornwall?

My system with all updated networks has really progressed to another level which I did not think was possible. I am loving it!

Don't know what antique here means but I remember reading 20 yrs or so ago

his house was broken into and a pair of klipsch taken. Ole Billy had a cabin

on the lake about 30 miles from me b4 he got all famous & married what's her name. By the way she got the Little Rock condo in the divorce. This being my first night to post I thought I would practice.

JT 9.gif

----------------

On 3/25/2005 11:43:20 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Hey Carl, how are you liking the DHAOxer's? What kind of network did ole' Dean work up for your '62 Cornwall?

My system with all updated networks has really progressed to another level which I did not think was possible. I am loving it!

----------------

I really, really love the DHAxovers. Not only have they tamed the nasty mid-horn to my tastes (at all volumes), the increased clarity over the old cans (AA) is incredible. I still plan on posting an detailed review once I get caught up with things.

I'm not sure what network Dean worked up for my Cornwall. I did not really pay that much attention to it; I just said send me a replacement. That being said, the Cornwall center sounded great prior to the mod, and now sounds even better. I really also think I was lucky stumbling across a NAD amp to run the Cornwall - nice match.

Carl.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 3/28/2005 1:58:42 PM franczyk wrote:

Well, though I dont doubt that he owns and loves some Heritage Klipsch products, it looks like he is paid to like them too.

Here is a Klipsch ad with Mr. Thornton.

----------------

From what I was told. He had them way before we worked with him...If we were paying him to like the product, I am sure they would have chose a speaker that is built today, not one that has not been built for many years.

I'm with Amy and Trey, the man can buy any speaker he fricken wants on the planet don't ya think!

I am sure that he owns them on his own free will because that is what he chose to listen to.

Have thee no faith in product of old newbie? There are very few speakers out there that are 43 years old, all original, and can still pound out the cleanest 120db's that you have heard. My '62 Cornwalls can and, none of the drivers have EVER been serviced. So why wouldn't he want to own something like that!9.gif

From what little I know about him, Billy Bob Thorton wouldn't be for sale. You can talk about integrity and all that, but he just doesn't give a flying (four-letter expletive deleted) what anyone thinks. I don't believe you could get him to say he likes something he doesn't. Besides, what's hard to believe about his liking Heritage Klipsch?

Words of wisdom, Frz

"Have thee no faith in product of old newbie? There are very few speakers out there that are 43 years old, all original, and can still pound out the cleanest 120db's that you have heard. My '62 Cornwalls can and, none of the drivers have EVER been serviced. So why wouldn't he want to own something like that!"

I wholeheartedly agree (mine are only 63's however)

Michael

Apparently he has great tastes in speakers. Its cool he backs things he honestly likes. I would have taken out my endorsement fee in speakers, like a pair of every Heritage model plus RF7s with a RSW15. Has anyone seen Badder Santa? OMG its funny. I was crying I was laughing so hard. He really does cover a wide range, but he seems a little bit like a flake in real life, but who isn't.