I Nominate Thebes for the next set of free Khorns!!!

3dzapper

If ever a forum member earned the next set of free Khorns it is Marty Thibault, Ole Thebes himself! Take a look at the beautiful dustcover he built for my Bluenote. Gorgeous!!!

This is actually the second one. The professional football apes at UPS managed to put a hole right through the first one.( Despite my protestations, Thebes insisted that he make another and packed this one to the Nth.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/dustcover.jpg

So does anyone have a set of Khorns that they can give to Thebes? 2.gif

Thanks Marty!!!3.gif

Rick

post-12829-13819264044746_thumb.jpg

I third, fourth, fifth, or whatever, the nomination! Marty is very generous, relentlessly curious and enterprising. Great to have in the zillion square-mile greater DC neighborhood.

3D, that's one hell of a TT/arm to make a cover for. Talk about carrying off close collaboration and tolerances ~

Larry

I'd agree! I've been lax in getting back to Marty about my cover, and he was kind enough to persist. Good guy. He gives of himself more than most, that is to be sure.

The styro and shadows are interesting on a photographic level as well. Filing away for future abstract work.. you too, colter?

That danged styrofoam! I used a swifter to clean the inside and as soon as it went out, the outside atracted it! Brush it off and it would jump back on from a foot or more away!!!Grrrrrrrr14.gif

I decided to wait until the static discharges itself. The Milty's doesn't touch it.15.gif

Rick

Marty's got my vote!!

A small thing but he sent me a nice box set of Theatre Organ LPs and refused my offer to reimburse him for shipping costs.

I am sure that the twins will help him carry them in or at least provide him with the necessary motivation.11.gif

I'd love to get the next free set that comes up, but seeing all that he has done for the good of the forum, I agree, Marty is indeed deserving.

Nice work on the cover, bty. Nice edges, great welding, great fit, you'd think you had the TT in your own house as you were taking measurements. Which speaks greatly to the information that was provided to you by Rick. Nice teamwork, guys!!

Boy that dustcover does compliment that wonderful Italian design. Looks like a museum piece under glass.

I do admit to loving Italian industrial design/product design. Only own one piece and that's a spinning reel designed and built in Italy for Orvis, the flyrod people. As far as I know they only made spinners for a couple of years. The picture doesn't do it justice. Simplicity and elegance in one package.

orvisspinnner.jpg

I like the drift this thread is taking, I'd engage in some shameless promotion and self-posturing but The Twins would probably weigh in and er, humiliate me or something like that.

post-14801-13819264045406_thumb.jpg

On behalf of fellow "football apes" UPSer's my apologies for the service defect. Since we've decided it's perfectly acceptable to allow a foreign postal service to subsidize cutthroat discounts (DHL Ground) with an overseas postal monopoly I would expect the service from all major carriers to degrade even further.

Alright, how many wiseguys think it can't get any worse?

Hey!!! Thebes, though he may have a knack for helping out his fellow forum members, can not have my vote for the free set of speakers, until he comes clean about the twins!! I've searched the entire forum for posts that reveal the origins of this mystery, but came up emptyhanded....

Lots of images of a slightly bald and very avatar-orange man in compromising situations with two gorgeous blondes come to mind... but I simply smile and let the thought slowly (eveeer so sloooowly) leave me and get back to hunting for the truth.

Thebes, I WILL get to the bottom of this.

-F4.gif

• 6 months later...

Ahem! Class, come to my attention please. I have observed that

certain of the miscreats who inhabit this school, are currently engaged

in one of those much talked about, but certainly to be frowned

upon, social interactions called a "love in".

All such activities shall cease at once!

Certainly it may be argued that I myself gave rise to this "happening"

phenomenon by allowing the aforwetomentioned thread I have just

resurrected to see the light of day in (gasp) a public forum.

As a legend in my own mind, such extravagences are to be expected.

However, the boors, pendants,slackers and assorted riff-raff are not to

be encouraged less their heads swell to about my size (extra

smart-brainy-smart size-11xxx for those into real hat sizes).

So pack away your love beads, fold up the tents, climb back into the VW

van, toss that almost empty bottle of Ripple and get back to serious

brawling and backbiting.