THE FORUM

dodger

Greetings:

This is simila to what I noted in my 3,000th Post, but extended.

I have just had the pleasure of speaking with Michael Hurd. As I have the bigger mouth, I probably did more talking. :)

Very nice person, very nice, unexpected conversation. More should be like him and / or have his attitude.

As I have said many times, The Forum is a learning place. I have also made friends. I have read jofyul and sad Posts.

When I've been down (ill) the Forum has been a place for banter.

It serves many purposes for many people. It's safer than a chat room, it has Administrators that can see numerous sides. They take no sides as far as what I have read.

Like any group or Family there are spats. But as I said, some of those you have a spat with are the first to answer a Posted question.

There are many ways one envisions the world. The Forum comes into that vision. Obviously for quite a few.

The talk of speakers other than Heritage seems to be opening. A good sign - a balance.

So again, my thanks. Thanks is a word not heard or read enough. But to all that have helped, supported, not only me but others as well - "you want to go where everybody knows your name." Maybe some have other feelings, but I would bet the majority feel the same or close.

Win dodger

There is an old sermon. Perhaps the ministers have books of these to be trotted out. Maybe our forum Pastor Bill can comment.

The story goes that Heaven and Hell are the same in settings and geometry. And low ceilings. It all depends on the company.

In both there are people with braces on their elbows and they sit in front of tables of food. The braces prevent them from feeding themselves.

In Hell, all starve while plates of food are before them.

In Heaven, the constrains are no problem. The inmates pick up food and swing it over to the next guy.

Why low ceilings? You don't want some fellow picking up food and hoisting it up over his head and dropping it into his own mouth. There have to be some engineering constraints, least the story be foiled.

Smile,

Gil

In he

• Moderators

I don't post very often , but i come back to this forum every day. It's like a big family BUT they are all nuts about audio from every angle, tubes , 2 ch , home theater ,ss ,ref , heritage , diy . You can learn alot here, and i thank all for the help. The only bad thing is i am not very happy with what i have anymore, but that could be a good thing ? thanks again, i will try to post more , just don't have the knowledge of audio for a comment in many cases .

Dodger,Very true about the family thing. Every day I come here to read and learn.I enjoy what I now have for sound,and I THANK the Forum members. Some days I read something and think about it at work,wondering what was that all about? Still a GREAT place to relax.

Larry

Dodger: I have had the pleasure of meeting both Michael Hurd and Michael Colter (colterphoto1) in person. They have both paid a visit to our humble home. And, I can tell you that 2 Michaels = 2 Great guys! Mrs. Picky and I also got to meet Micheel Hurd's girlfriend Deane and she is equally nice. So, I am not surprised by the high quality people we have in our family here in this forum! I am very much lookiing forward to meeting more of our family members this June at Indy! That will sure be fun. 2.gif

dtel,

don't let our constant bragging bring you down. Enjoy what you have, but always make plans to improve. I got depressed about my system for a while, so I just shut it down for a month. THen revamped it a bit and could enjoy it's beauty again. Remember, it's about the music, not the hardware. There's guys here with $10,000 stereos who only own 200 CD's.

enjoy

Michael

Michael is right.

The main goal is deciding whether you want to listen to your components or listen to the music.

There is no no harm in wanting to improve your system BUT, there should be a point where you say, "I'm satisfied, the amount of money I put in will not bring me equal gains."

At that point you have a SYSTEM and any additions short of new source material or new source Components is playing.

dodger

This 1 of only 2 forums I visit daily, or pretty much at all in the whole internet. I visit these 2 forums for the same reasons. Friendship and helpfullness of the members is outstanding. On here no one acts like thier system is better than anyone elses. Which is cool considering some of the systems people here have. And questions are answered no matter the level of the question bieng asked. Noboby gets talked down to, razzed a little maybe but not treated like he/she is stupid for asking something. This truly is a great place.

And the greatest thing is that people on this forum are just as warm and friendly in real life! Many of us, myself included, have had the pleasure of getting together with other forum members in our areas for listening and/or drinking sessions (haha) or to just shoot the s__t. It's a great place to meet others who share your passion for audio and the endless pursuit of musical truth. And all this regardless of age, sex, race or creed.

• Moderators

Thanks Colterphoto1 and Dodger, this was just what i was thinking of when i posted on this a few post up. Not getting jumped for having synergy but just a little help. About 25 years ago i built a pair of speakers from a book about general speaker demensions,they had 2 12 bass and a horn mid and high freq, they sounded great. Then went to advent and others and have not been happy with the sound, not as open and clean sound sounding. I have never heard ANY heritage but they should sound like what recall being horns. I thought of hershey but i don't whant these same thoughts a year from now , not sure of the next step , how big of a step. But i do have time because i just added on over a 1000 sf not counting a 16x30 woodworking shop to the house and no $ at this time anyway. But new jobs upcomeing { self employed } just thinking ahead. Sorry for being so long it's just hard to explain correctly and keep it short.

dtel:

Never apologize for long posts until you beat mine. :)

No one can put everything together in one day. And fro as long as we may be in into Audio and as much as we think we know, there's always something to learn.

Then we pass it on I have my rants - vents about a subject or five.

Cost of Equipment is one. See, this was going to be short.

Even Amy our Board Administrator knows, no offense ever taken. When She sees it you know they are long.

So just enjoy, do what you what when you can and if you want.

dodger

I too feel the same way. Although I have not met any of you I still feel a certain companionship that comes with close friends. This forum is as important to me from the audio side as it is to the personal side, I thank you for opening up this thread. I also would like to thank Klipsch once again for providing such a wonderful place where we all have been able to come together and share are vast thoughts with each other.

scooter

Mrs. Olorin and I went for a drive the other day, and as we cruised down the road with the top down, a couple about our age in a car just like ours -- same color and everything -- passed us going the other way. We all smiled and waved at one another.

I get the same kind of feeling here -- it's just like the camaraderie you can't help feeling when you see a guy driving toward you and he has the same kind of car you have. With the cars, you immediately know you have something in common since you made the same choice about a fairly major purchase. By the same token, we wouldn't have Klipsch gear if sound wasn't important to us, and we (mostly) agree on what sounds good. We at least have a common base, and that immediately gives us common ground to build on.

There aren't many places a guy can go and geek out and have it be the norm. Hats off to Klipsch for giving a bunch of loons a safe pond to swim in.