What are you listening to?

charlieboy

----------------

On 6/10/2005 6:14:46 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

"Led Zeppelin Communication Break Down off of the BBC Sessions."

Jackson- ANYBODY who is man enough to use their own photo as avatar has GOT to be a good guy - nice to know you're also a Zep Head.

Myself, after the adventure with Roger and Karaoke on the way home for FL, got a mix of those Chicago tunes running on my iMac right now. 'Does anybody know what time it is?' CLASSIC

Michael

----------------

Hi Michael

I wish I could say I was man enough, but my avatar is actually David Brent of the BBC version of The Office played by Ricky Gervais. Would highly recommend renting or buying season one and two on DVD or watching them on BBC America.

I am actually listening the 20th Anniversary SACD of Brothers In Arms. Just got it in the mail today. Sounds great on initial impression, really liking SACDs in general, ordered a bunch more last night. Thanks to Parrot on the info were to get it.

JacksonBart sez:

"wish I could say I was man enough, but my avatar is actually David Brent of the BBC version of The Office played by Ricky Gervais. Would highly recommend renting or buying season one and two on DVD or watching them on BBC America. "

Damn, so I'm the only FOOL who uses his own pix in Avatar. What a geek!

Michael

It's evil, wicked, mean and nasty...

And it will ruin all the country....

It will hook you, Sue and Johnny....

All will pay that disagree with me...

LOVE John Kay and Steppenwolf, what great lyrics..

Another great guitarist stage name- MARS BONFIRE!

Michael

Thanks, sometimes I surprise myself with the lyrics in my head. I quoted an entire PF Syd Barrett piece the other day- kinda scary.

what's on now? Mussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition- symphony orchestra this time, NOT ELP! I like going backwards in time and listening to compositions played the way they were originally conceived. Gives new meaning to the contemporary versions.

Theses days...

Copeland - In Motion

Dredg - Catch Without Arms

Underoath - They're only chasing safty (been in love with this CD for over a year now)

Emanuel - Soundtrack to a Headrush

Amberlin - Never Take Friendship Personal

and some others... ohh yeah... I'm 100% sure you guys don't know theses bands, I'm probably a lot younger or you are all a lot older 2.gif

John Kay, Lone Wolf, a collection of songs from two old albums- Forgotten Songs and Unsung Heroes and My Sportin Life. Fish got me on a Steppenwolf kick this week.

Various musical influences at work here. You can really hear the Hank Williams influence on John on several of the tunes. Two of Hanks songs are on this compilation.How bout John kay on bottleneck guitar and harp playing Robert Johnson's 'Walkin Blues', with old Wolf mate George Biondo on bass- SMOKIN

..Well I woke up this morning

feeling round for my shoes

you know I've got these

old walkin blues...

Michael

----------------

On 6/15/2005 1:41:46 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

Schliegho .... band from Buffalo, Ny
----------------

Good band! I remember seeing them in Fredonia when they were brand new. I've heard some positive buzz lately, too.

Do you go to the Blue Heron? You'd probably like Smackdab, too. Big Leg Emma...