My first taste of lp's

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone nuts over LPs on several occasions, only to change something in my system and then end up preferring CDs again. I won't say with conviction that LPs sound intrinsically better than CDs, but I will say that vinyl can sound really, really good.

----------------

On 4/28/2005 12:34:46 AM crazytubepower wrote:

First of I want to kill the person who said "50 cent" I hate rap, and how am i too young to enjoy good music i.e. frank sanatra. However I do enjoy listening to ac/dc...but no pot...sry
----------------

Careful now. That's considered a terrorist threat which is a felony in CA.

What part of Pasadena are you from anyway? There are three locals here on the BB.

----------------

First of I want to kill the person who said "50 cent" I hate rap, and how am i too young to enjoy good music i.e. frank sanatra. However I do enjoy listening to ac/dc...but no pot...sry

----------------

No doubt your never to young to listen to good music. I was jamming some good classic rock in first grade.

At your age, you have not wasted much time, heck there are lots of people 3 times your age that I have played my rig for and that were blown away. They look at it and say "are those tubes? I thought that stuff was gone a long time ago and HEY RECORDS, aren't CDs MUCH better???" Then I drop the needle and I have to pick up their jaws off the floor.

WELCOME TO LPS!!!9.gif9.gif

Edit, I am in Riverside so I know exactly where you live.2.gif

----------------

On 4/27/2005 10:26:53 PM r.cherry wrote:

----------------

On 4/27/2005 7:52:41 PM scott0527 wrote:

Frank Sinatra? At your age shouldn't you be out smoking weed and listening to AC/DC?

----------------

acdc just shows your age. aren't they all dead now? got ne 50cent

----------------

I really wasn't trying to hide my age there young cherryboy whippersnapper. "Smoking weed and listening to 50cent" doesn't create the same laughable image for me that "smoking weed and listening to AC/DC" does.

But if you would like to smoke weed and listen to 50cent, then please feel free.

----------------

----------------

It's Sinatra with an eye and you aren't too young to enjoy it. Don't worry about those 50 centers. When I was a kid, groups like Journey, Air Supply and REO Speedwagon were what today's 50 Centers were listening too.

Congratulations on discovering vinyl.

A) death threats... for typing 50cent? whats wrong with this picture? i was not implying you like or even know of 50cent. i was trying to say indirectly that

back in black would have been released nearly 10 yrs before the birth of the original poster of this thread. it was ment as a time refrence not a listening prefrence.

B) young cherryboy whippersnapper bla bla bla will be 50 this yr, not 15

C) i don't care for rap either but i still won't pooh pooh the stuff just cause i don't care for it.

D) have a nice day!16.gif

"I have some very nice Sinatra LPs for sale."

"Isn't it REALLY expensive to have a great sounding LP system? What does it take? I am assuming that you cannot get a $100 cartrige and be set."

crazytubepower lists his age as 14, whats he going to use his paper route money to buy LPs and knock over a bank for a $100 cartridge and a kick @ss TT? Come on its spring time he has to buy his baseball uniform, play sports etc.

When I was 14 I had my brother's old Realistic TT and a very fine Realistic cartridge on a Realistic belt drive, using a Realistic arm... well you get my point.

Crazy - Best bet is to get you parents/guardian in to the same hobby and convince them they want the same stuff you do. If your tastes run toward Sinatra should'nt be to far of a reach.

Also a piece of future advice, make sure you can put togther a good system (not tubes, they break, leave them at home) to take to college (yes and your going to college)because it one of the best pick up line there is to use on an college girl "Hey do you want to back to my room and listen to some music".

2.gif