National Treasure releases today!

Northshore

Ah...I beg to differ, I saw it in the theater & thought it was pretty good. I myself will be buying it on DVD shortly. May be just me, but I like treasure hunt type movies like this & I happen to also like Nicolas Cage, so a no brainer for me :)

I will be checking this one out for sure. Not only do I like Nick Cage I am sure it's a good movie, because most the critics put it down. I have nothing in common with most movie critics so most likely I will enjoy it. It will probally come back and bite the critics right in the you know what when it's the most sold dvd of this year.

----------------

On 5/3/2005 4:39:04 PM nicholtl wrote:

I don't mean to crash your party, but don't get your hopes up. Unanimous reviews from friends and critics alike have said you're better off taking a 2.5 hour nap to kill time.

----------------

I read one review where the critic basically said it is "very entertaining for a group of 9 year olds". However, I personally like AA movies and I am hoping for a few chapters of reference material even if the movie turns out to be a bomb. Picked it up and will wait for the premier this weekend to find out for myself.

I took my kids to see this when it was in the theaters. My 4 year old fell asleep half way through, but my 7 year old loved it. I thought it was o.k., but I don't think I will buy the DVD (I would rent it however).

----------------

On 5/4/2005 9:38:15 PM toddvj wrote:

What are AA movies? Alcoholics Anonymus???

----------------

In my case it means Audio Anon, the meeting goes something like this:

Hello my name is North and I am an Audio Junkie...

(other members) Hello North and welcome to the group...

I enjoyed it too.. I give it somewhere between a 7 and 8.

I like Nicolas Cage so that helped the 8 rating....

Guess I just wanted more too.

One thing I did like a lot on this DVD.. I clicked past the previews and it went straight to the movie.. No 4-10 pages of BS to get through. Welcomed surprise!

Hmmmm... May have to go rent this one. Just don't see Cage in this role. He's too... I dunno how to explain him, but from the previews I've seen of this movie, Cage just does not look like he fits the part.

----------------

On 5/6/2005 2:39:26 PM m00n wrote:

Hmmmm... May have to go rent this one. Just don't see Cage in this role. He's too... I dunno how to explain him, but from the previews I've seen of this movie, Cage just does not look like he fits the part.
----------------

He always seems a tad dopey to me, but I think you'll like this movie.

David

I really enjoyed this movie, and am looking forward to sharing it with my elementary aged boys. Granted, the story line is pretty far fetched, but then again, that is what I go to the movies for...an escape from reality for a couple of hours.

What a pleasure to sit through an action movie, and not have a single moment where I had to cover my 8 year olds eyes or ears...just good, clean, fun entertainment.

I think movie studios need to take a good hard look at why this film was so successful. For that matter, why just about any film that is relatively well done, and stays away from sex and vulgar language, seems to do well at the box office. Go figure...families are hungry for quality, non-offensive entertainment.

I am not saying that they should stop making movies that adults really enjoy without kids, they just need to address the family segment with good quality a little more often...

I bought it on Friday and watched it last night. It was really an entertaining movie! Amazingly enough, this movie didn't have to have excessive amounts of CGI graphics and dopey lines to draw your interest or create the story line. Okay, maybe that is a back handed stab at the recent Star Wars movies but still, I was impressed with how this movie kept my attention throughout.

Another thing this movie didn't try to parade in front of the viewer is an excessive amount of violence or sexual content. Sure, for us adults, alot of that in a few movies is great but, this movie doesn't go there and it is still very enjoyable! As stated above, the movie is certainly watchable with children. As a matter of fact, it might stimulate a little interest in the history of the US.

Overall, a good movie that I would certainly recommend to friends and family...

D

Bought it new for $15 at Ciruit City....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I liked the movie...but it...seemed like it was missing something...

The action scenes were ok...but they seemed lacking action...I dunno...

The script was ok...

I guess.... for me ...it was not the big Summer blockbuster hit it was supposed to be...

I did enjoy the movie...and will watch it again....It just was not like a bruckheimer of old movie...Top Gun, armgeddon, Independance day, Pirates of Carribean... etc etc...those were big movies....this one seemed like it was stuck in seocnd gear...

it was a thumbs up....but not a huge one...