NEW CAR- first song

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AND THE WINNER IS...

Feelin Alright- by Joe Cocker! Just a good, sunny day, scream along song, not particularly about driving or going fast, just cruisin and feeling good about life.

Also on the CD, Free by Chicago, Blue Sky Allman Bros, I go to Extremes BJoel, 29 Palms Robert Plant. Knockin at your Back Door, always a DP fave!

Thanks for all the titles though, I'll look them all up and put em on a drivin disc in the near future.

Shoot, I missed the cutoff! And I just had a vision...

Party on Wayne! Party on Garth! (at this point you would start to headbang...)

I see a little silhouetto of a man,

Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango-

Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-

Galileo,galileo,

Galileo galileo

Galileo figaro-magnifico-

But Im just a poor boy and nobody loves me-

Hes just a poor boy from a poor family-

Spare him his life from this monstrosity-

Easy come easy go-,will you let me go-

Bismillah! no-,we will not let you go-let him go-

Bismillah! we will not let you go-let him go

Bismillah! we will not let you go-let me go

Will not let you go-let me go

Will not let you go let me go

No,no,no,no,no,no,no-

Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me-

I picked up an '05 rx8 to replace my rear-ended-and-totalled 7.gif 10 year old miata 3 weeks ago.. first tune was "Kaeremichi" by Toshio Matsuda, sung by Ayako Kawasumi... it means "On The Way Home," or "homeward-bound".. from Mahoromatic. (Really nice anime series.) I'm one of those freaks who believe machines have souls too, and bringing a new car home is always a special thing for me. 1.gif

The 2nd tune was the sound of two rotors chirruping their merry song, so unlike those of pistons... I can't believe I drove a piston car for 10 years.. man I missed herr Wankel's crazy little engine!

As for just driving music, with no special significance, for me, there's no substitute for Bach or Beethoven. 9.gif

----------------

On 5/6/2005 5:26:13 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Wheelman, I'll pop that one in too.

EX version has built in 6 cd changer, pretty nice sounds, but I can tell that volume and low end are a little thin. Have to start bastardizing it right away I guess!

Michael

----------------

I made me a copy and was listening to it today after I thought of it. Some cool tunes on there, but mine is a tad flakey it's playing the first tunes on repeat or something. Then it finially went all the way through. I hope yours isn't as messed up as mine. It never used to do that. Maybe my nephew hit a track repeat on my dvd player or something. Anyways crank it up!!

----------------

On 5/6/2005 1:42:05 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I agree!!!

"Born to be Wild" -- Steppenwolf

Rush, Yes, CCR, Led Zep,
Kiss
, basically everything you introduced me too, or was played at your house!----------------

Heard, "Lick it up" today during the so-called "retro-lunch." I don't know what it is about that song, but it just makes me keep turning that dial up and up and up!

David

EDIT: How about Tainted Love by Soft cell (sp?)