Feedback, please!

Amy

• Moderators

Hello forum members!

Requesting a favor.... please take a look, if you have a moment, at our new iFi mini site http://www.klipsch.com/ifi/

(DIAL UP USERS BEWARE: The site is large and animated--not recommended for 56K or less modem users).

Please give us your feedback on the "look" of the site--the navigation, readibility, layout etc.

We would appreciate it!

9.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty clever page.....took about a minute to load through Comcast standard high speed.

Using a 19" CRT regular monitor the picture was a bit blurry...may have been clearer with an LCD screen....?

Color was nice....although I agree with Royster about the contrasting/clarity thing.1.gif

Nice! Both the product and presentation.

Maybe if the movies were loaded when the icons were selected rather than on entry it would be a tad better. The main site would load faster and the load time for each movie would be 1/2 the whole. YMMV.

Rick

• Moderators

Thanks for the feedback, guys, keep it coming!

Just an FYI, if you click on Development, you can watch a video of our National Accounts Manager, Don Inmon, who has been with the company over 5 years and has been very involved our Multimedia line.

If you click on Engineering, you can watch Rich Field, one of our lead acoustic engineers responsible for all our Multimedia products, among others.

I agree with the above. That was SLOW even on a highspeed connection.

Nice look and feel. Kind of techy feeling - the engineering video made it feel more grounded (not pie-in-the sky marketing).

Oh yeah, the styrofoam coffee cup on the top shelf by the scope was a nice touch in the movie... It looked just like an electrical engineering lab in college...

----------------

On 5/18/2005 11:18:18 AM Amy Unger wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, guys, keep it coming!

----------------

Strong points:

- Look and feel is nice, appropriate, and easy to navigate.

Weak points:

- To LARGE a file even for broadband

- I find the page a little tall (ie: the info at the bottom may not be visible for someone with 12" LCD on an ultra-light laptop)

- It produces a ticking sound when I flip images

- Styling is more corporate rather than "avant-guard" like the iPod and it's campaign.

Rob

Very cool, didn't take too long to load on my DSL, maybe the sound effects are overdone a tad. Liked the interview with Don.

But I had to lean forward and strain to read the teeny-tiny white type in the descriptions. I'm using a 17" real CRT monitor that I use for editing photographs, so it's a good one, set up correctly. Could your designer possibly get a smaller font size?

Michael

Very sharp, very professional. Download very slow even on the fat pipes we have here at work. People will loose interest while waiting and navigate to a new page before it ever gets done downloading.

Very impressive though... Top notch.

Two things....The speed is an issue. My school has an OC3 internet connection, & it still took close to a minute. If it stays that big, maybe put up an animated loading screen so viewers know it is not locked up, although the "no dial-up" warning should be a clue.

Also, I posted a screen shot here to show one thing.... the lettering is not very clear. It seems too small against the brown background, & is hard to read.

ifi.JPG

I still think that a very dark background theme is a depressant, and makes lighter-colored or white lettering stressful to read. Sharpening up the lettering might help.

The layout and pics are very good and very clear.

Larry

Amy,

two things. First off-even with a DSL verizon line, it took to long to load. Secondly when the engineer started talking, the background music still played, which was bothersome...........all the important info was avaliable, EXCEPT the Price of the Unit! For me though- too much flash and bang. Just show the pic's, and maybe the video..........Why is everybody wound up on Flash media? JM2C worth.

+ easy to navigate

nice music, makes ya wanna buy one of these

good pics and movies

- load time was a bit slow, i usually run about 3megabits /sec down and it took awhile... server ? or just too much info loading? not sure people will wait and thats not good.

could make it a bit easier to read the text

Overall very nice.2.gif

I just would like to add that I think it's pretty unanimous that it has to lighten up. It took about 30sec with 3Mb and 60sec with 1.5Mb connections, which is WAY too slow for users like me who expect things quickly on broadband. BTW, "flash" isn't normally that heavy. My guess it that the site hasn't (or has been poorly) optimised.

I mentioned a "clicking" sound when flipping images earlier. I do not get this annoyance at home as I discovered that it's due to the slower machines we have at work. The file is large enough that those PC's run out of processing power when refreshing the images rollovers and playing the sound, so it results in the ticks.

----------------

On 5/18/2005 6:24:19 PM Bill H. wrote:

Why is everybody wound up on Flash media?

----------------

I think flash is overrated... it has it's place... but you see more and more people going back to html.

Rob