Klipsch Premeier series??

They are supose to be positioned above the reference line. They were introduced at CES last year, IIRC, but they were just mockups and were not working models. I also think that there was a more advanced/finished product shown at the last Klipsch Pilgrimage. At last check, about 2 months ago, a klipsch rep said their release was "soon". However, I am loosing faith and starting to believe that the Premiere system is not forth coming. There are two main reasons, first they are no longer advertised on the website and second, dealers that were listed as "Premier" dealers are no longer listed. However, IF they do actually make it to market, Klipsch was suggesting that the price for the system would be around $14,000, thus making the front speakers near the price of a new pair of Khorns. A little more than saving pennies, more like $20-50s.

-Dave

Klipsch Unveils New Flagship Reference Premiere Series

INDIANAPOLIS (September 9, 2004) At CEDIA EXPO 2004, Klipsch Audio Technologies will introduce the Reference Premiere Series, an elite new line up of specialty market loudspeakers that the companys brand manager calls the pinnacle of modern day horn-loaded technology and design.

Slated to ship in the spring of 2005, the luxurious and sophisticated Reference Premiere Series consists of a floorstander, center channel, surround speaker and subwoofer.

The Premiere floorstander and center channel are three-way designs that utilize a .75-inch titanium dome, Tractrix® Horn-loaded supertweeter coupled with a unique Tractrix Horn-loaded 4-inch midrange that together provide unparalleled dynamics and clarity. The woofers and midrange drivers on these models incorporate a Nomex honeycomb core sandwiched between two fiberglass layers for a cone that is incredibly light and rigid with ultra-low distortion and quick low-end response. Coupled with cast frames and powerful motor structures, these drivers are able to deliver astonishing realism.

The two-way surround speaker features dual 1-inch titanium-dome compression drivers with high-output ceramic motors mated to square 90 degree by 60 degree Tractrix Horns in a proprietary Wide Dispersion Surround Technology array. The speakers dual 6.5-inch fiberglass/Nomex woofers with cast frames and massive motor structures deliver the same quick low-end response as the floorstander and center channel. The surround also features dual keyholes with threaded inserts for multiple mounting options.

Making an ultra-performance statement, the subwoofer offers a unique digital control interface with DSP room correction for unparalleled in-room performance. It delivers extreme impact and quick low-end response due to its 15-inch cast-frame, fiberglass/Nomex rear-firing active woofer with a massive motor structure and high-excursion surround. An 18-inch fiberglass/Nomex front-firing passive radiator gives this loudspeaker its controlled deep output. The subwoofers 850-watt digital hybrid amp offers excellent control and 2400-watt dynamic peak capability.

Each Reference Premiere speaker features furniture-grade real-wood veneer elliptical enclosures with a premium fit and finish. This elegant design, in conjunction with extensive internal bracing, results in a more rigid and structurally sound enclosure. Other professional grade materials include premium 4th-order networks, custom internal wiring and magnetically attached low-diffraction grilles.

Steady growth of the Klipsch brand over the past five years has proven to more and more people that horn-loaded loudspeakers just sound better, said Jim Garrett, Reference Series brand manager. Now that the Klipsch name is so much more well known and trusted on a broader scale, we believe the market is ready to see Klipschs more esoteric side.

When the Reference Premiere Series launches in 2005, the recommended 5.1 system, consisting of two floorstanders, a center channel, two surround speakers and a subwoofer, will have a target U.S. MSRP of $14,500.

post-17547-13819264955266_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

a 4in horn midrange?? Is that correct?? You would think they would use a 2in comprssion driver for the mids like the Khorns?? Doesnt look like a 4in driver in the pics?? Wouldnt a 4in driver require a much bigger horn than the pictures show?? Is it a 4in cone driver or some type of dome midrange?? Seems very promising, cant wait for them to come out. These have the potential to be the best Klispch speaker ever made. They better put some decnt binding post on them and some decent footers for the price they are asking. i sstill cant believe the crap they use on the RF-7's.

----------------

On 5/19/2005 12:38:52 PM Tony Reed wrote:

----------------

On 5/19/2005 11:00:19 AM imperfectcircle25 wrote:

These have the potential to be the best Klispch speaker ever made. ----------------

You're forgetting about the mighty Klipschorn!

Tony

----------------

Oh come on, I can tell just by looking at them they are going to be the best speaker to ever to grace the face of the earth, oh and the moon too for that matter.

----------------

On 5/19/2005 11:00:19 AM imperfectcircle25 wrote:

a 4in horn midrange?? Is that correct?? You would think they would use a 2in comprssion driver for the mids like the Khorns?? Doesnt look like a 4in driver in the pics?? Wouldnt a 4in driver require a much bigger horn than the pictures show?? Is it a 4in cone driver or some type of dome midrange?? Seems very promising, cant wait for them to come out. These have the potential to be the best Klispch speaker ever made. They better put some decnt binding post on them and some decent footers for the price they are asking. i sstill cant believe the crap they use on the RF-7's.

----------------

They may be using the new B&C driver (DE 1050) a 4" diaphragm, and a 2" throat. List is 586 Euros.

http://www.bcspeakers.com/index.php?sez=1&categoria=4&id_descrizione=46&prodotto=174

I recall from the Pilgrimage to Indy last year that it was said that the stark-styled THX Ultra 2 system was designed for those speakers to be hidden from sight in a custom-built home theater system. The whole speaker array cost some $11,000. It would appear that this new, more expensive Premier system is a more cosmeticized, sit-in-the-open same thing. It is pretty. But beyond that, my reaction is yawn, ho hum, so what?

Klipsch still seems bent on forsaking, or at least ignoring and downplaying, Heritage as the company chases new markets. Yet, Heritage and the Klipschorn remain the HEART of the company's cachet, status and, yes, heritage. Even if they do sell only a few of them, why Klipsch eschews the Heritage image in its advertising (say, by including a small "father of the legendary Klipschorn" inset in their advertising) is beyond me.

I have thought and continue to think Klipsch is being short-sighted dumb in this. But hey, having been an audio hobbyist for 50 years since young teenagerhood, what the heck do I know?

More of the same-old-stuff that is no different than every other speaker manufacturer out there...

So what if it's got a couple of little horns on it? So does every PA cabinet in the world... And where does KlipschCO get off trademarking the word TRACTRIX, anyway.

That's been around since the 1930's. Cheap.

I'm unimpressed. Ain't gonna work, cause it ain't BETTER than what's out there already. It's just more of the same-old stuff, name the brand and what sets it apart?!

DM7.gif

• 13 years later...