Show pics of your favorite ride.

sputnik

Here's mine. It's a 2000 Ducati 748 Biposto that's been converted to Monoposto and has a Termignoni 50mm full exhaust system on it. It's about 104 HP. Everything you've heard about Ducati handling and braking is true, too.

Big_748.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I found it very objectionable, especially since you called her your "ride," just as much as I find being called a Nazi objectionable.

Let me know through email if you have further complaints.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/21/2005 3:19:06 AM Corvette6769 wrote:

I have been driving a full sized 4x4 since long before they were "cool" or called SUVs and way before they were considered the "in thing".

Until you have on a regular basis busted 4" snow drifts, had her buried to the headlights in mud, towed an 80,000+ pound (would not admit his weight in front of the state trooper) semi tractor-trailer with gelled fuel up an overpass on ice, jump started a bulldozer out in the middle of a roughly plowed field, and weighed 21,000 hauling High performance Chevrolet engine parts to a Corvette show, you do not need an SUV or a 4x4 pickup, which most likely accounts for 95% of the SUVs on the road today (notice that I said on the road as I most have never been off of pavement and the biggest obstacle they ever encounter is the occasional curb they jump attempting to parallel park).

I have been heard to say that I would rather walk than drive a mini van. For me if it doesn't have 8 spark plugs, dual exhaust, 2 doors, bucket seats and a console, I don't want it. Even my Lincolns and new Cadillac fit this profile and for me to even consider a 4 door SUV is a huge departure from my philosophy over the last 30 years.

----------------

Corvette6769

you need mattracks for the snow. If you have ever heard of them you know what I am talking about. Otherwise do a google search in your spare time and you will find their site. Look for the videos of the stuff these things can do. They are nothing short of incredibly impressive. As they should for a price tag of $15,000.

Best,

George

----------------

On 5/24/2005 2:08:24 PM Tom Adams wrote:

You people with Ducati's.......

SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.gif2.gif1.gif

Tom

----------------

Bite Me!

3.gif

However, I would post a few pic's of my favorite ride, but she'd never forgive me.6.gif

I'm the second owner. I got it from my aunt in 1972. She had bought it new off the show room floor. Of course at 16 I totaled it a couple of times. Have been working on restoration for the last 10 years. Every year a few more thousand.

post-17322-13819266064942_thumb.jpg

This is my other ride. Almost sunk it 2 years ago, hit a submerged log floating down the river and ripped the whole out drive off. 13 grand later good as new. Boat mostly on the Mississippi only because there isn't a lake near by. Kids love it.

post-17322-13819266068202_thumb.jpg