Hope plant closure

Lone Palm

Let's get it together.....airfare is cheap right now...but driving is so much more fun.

------------------

Klipsch Quartets - fronts

Klipsch Academy - center

Klipsch KG 1.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KG .5's - rear side surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200 THX Amp (fronts)

Sony C-67ES CD Player

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

Monster Cable M-series Speaker Cable and subwoofer cable

Monster Component, S-Video, and Optical cables

RS HT Gold Interconnects

Hmmm, Klipsch engineering in Indy huh? I'll be graduating in June from Purdue....maybe I can get a job there. The ultimate for a Klipschead like me Smile.gifSmile.gifSmile.gif

Is there a spot on the website with job openings? I wanna help make speakers !!!!!!!!

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Klipsch Heresy I Surrounds

Marantz SR19EX Receiver

Yamaha 5 CD Changer

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

Playstation 2 for games/DVD

John,

I have been working as an electronics tech for the last 9 years (no degree, just sheer determination). Naturally, being a non-degreed individual in a technical field, I have had to take a job here and there that I did not enjoy, in order to get the experience needed to move to the next skill/pay level. I recently left a job I hated and went back to school full time so my options would include those things that I am interested in, not just what I already know. I have finally reached a point where what I am going to be spending my time on all day is as important as what I am getting paid to do it. I'll finally have the degree/experience needed to get a job that I like.

That being said, where would you suggest I look after graduation if not consumer electronics? I am getting pretty tired of automotive electronics, living in the home town of Delphi World HQ, and having previously worked for Philips Automotive and VDO Mannesmann. I have done the test engineering thing, very well I might add, for a less than upstanding independant test lab here in town (the job that pushed me back into college). I have built infrared imaging systems for a five person company in Northern Indiana. I need to do something I WANT to do. I appreciate any guidance you may be able to provide.

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Marantz SR19EX Receiver

Yamaha 5 CD Changer

John,

I have some control systems experience when working for VDO. "VDO Controls and Systems" was my business group.

I may take you up on the resume thing a little closer to graduating. I'm EET (I'm hands on Smile.gif ), not EE, so that may limit some of the microwave stuff. That's EE territory, although I have also done some limited small radar work while at Philips and Mannesmann.

Audio just looks like so much fun. Maybe I'll start building some pretty little tube amps in my garage and see if anyone likes 'em. I have a lot of musician buddies too, so mono tube or solid state stuff would work for them. I love electronics, but it is just so much more satisfying to me to have a product that does something wonderful "like my Klipsch do" as the finished product. Not something that opens a throttle butterfly on a car I can't afford (yet).

Thanks for the advice.

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Marantz SR19EX Receiver

Yamaha 5 CD Changer

This message has been edited by speedbump on 09-21-2001 at 02:54 PM

I'm in just let me know the time and date. The last trip was fantastic. It would be great to see everyone again.

Bill J.

------------------

Bill J.

-----

Denon AVR 3300

Denon DVM 3800 DVD

Pioneer LD Elite CLD-53

Nakamichi Dragon Cassette

Scientific Atlantic Explorer 2100

RCA Home Theater Hi-Fi VCR

RCA 25" Colortrack 2000 (1974)

Rega Planar 3 Turntable -Elys cartridge

Panamax 1000+ Surge Protector/Line Conditioner

Heresy Mains

RC-3 Center Channel

KSP-6 Rears

M&K VX-7 Sub

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember the first pilgrimage was around President's Day last (this) year. Is that a good time for people, either pilgrims or Klipsch folks? Is the plan for 1-2 days worth of tour? Any recommendations from the first tour that would help a second gathering? Pass some info along and maybe we can get another trip working. Cool.gif