Pink Floyd

J.4knee

----------------

On 6/12/2005 5:26:28 PM J.4knee wrote:

Just read they are getting back to gether and performing on stage for the Live 8 conert. First time they will have performed together since 81. Wish I could go!!!

----------------

No no no, it's "Wish You Were Here"

But I doubt that Waters will rejoin, and I mean seriously doubt it.15.gif, But man-o-man, if he did, that would be Grrrreat!

----------------

On 6/12/2005 7:36:26 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

PLEASE ...

Tell me they won't play

MONEY ....
14.gif

----------------

They'll play it. Money in the bank. Sorry.

I saw PF at the HHH metrodome. Not only the best concert I've ever been too, but my loudest single concert moment when the crowd tried to get them out for an encore. Good times...

Just did a search on Bob Geldof, went to his site. From there went to the live 8 site. They have a listing of the bands. *Curently* none of the venues show Floyd playing.

I saw them in Nashville doing the Pulse tour in 94, was beyond words.

Held in Vanderbilt's football stadium as I recall, the huge speakers on the stage, speakers on each side of the field and speakers on the opposite side of field. All 4 sides... was unreal.

Went to Nashville to take a qualification test. Test was following morning, needed a 70 to pass. Left concert, traffic, visited a friend, chatted... late to bed (2AM??), early to rise

Failed test 8.gif got a 68% and had to retake it 30 days later (and passed)

Here is what was written on the Brain Damage website:

Since the Live 8 concert was announced at the end of May, the rumour mill has gone mad with claims that Pink Floyd were playing at the show. Brain Damage were called this morning by Pink Floyd's manager with the fantastic news that the band ARE INDEED reuniting with Roger Waters to play the Hyde Park, London Live 8 show, on July 2nd!

I was told that David Gilmour only made the decision on Friday night, which no doubt prompted a hectic day yesterday, getting the others - Nick Mason, Richard Wright, and old bandmate Roger Waters - committed to the show. David was keen for us to share this with you; they did not decide to participate weeks ago, and have just left it until now to maximize publicity...

David had this to say about the landmark action to reform the band:

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. Its crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then its got to be worthwhile."

Obviously, the question comes to mind: how did the reunion come together? Here's what the band's manager told us: "Bob engineered it, he talked to David and he talked to Roger and Roger then called David."

Maybe bad feelings are starting to heal. Lets hope so and then maybe we will get a new PF album and world tour.

scooter

Oh man if Roger came back for just one album. Hopefully he hasn't lost his creativity. Can you imagine if they did something that equaled the wall or even better? It would be mind numbing in this day and age. We need something special for these times. I think there is some realy good talent out there, but masterpieces are becoming rare. The Wall was a masterpiece.

----------------

On 6/12/2005 5:40:05 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 6/12/2005 5:39:36 PM Piranha wrote:

I am having flashbacks to 77 & 80 when I saw them live.

----------------

The Wall?

----------------

Yep, "The Wall" at The Sports Arena in Los Angeles, and Animal's, "In the Flesh" at Anaheim Stadium.

Ah, what memories 9.gif