People of Faith

Deang

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

It is really very simple if you don't like the subject don't read or post,no real reason to argue.

I don't think he asked to convert or preach to anyone.

Your belief or opinion is no better or worse than anyone's the only difference is it is yours.

Dean, I'm glad things worked out favourably. Although not very religious, I have been known to say the odd prayer for someone going through a terrible time. Tommorrow I get to go to a funeral for the significant other of the sister of a fellow teacher and good friend. He died of a massive heart attack at the age of 46 after cutting the grass. I will be saying a few prayers tomorrow night and remembering the golf games we played together and time at a cottage eight years ago.

Your genuine support for a member of this forum is appreciated.

• Moderators

dtel's wife here:

I was going to offer Hebrews 11:1

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not yet seen.

I am glad everything worked out okay for your friend. This verse is always helpful when in need.

I don't mean to be preaching to anyone, so please don't read anymore into it than what it means.

Amy will have a stroke if she hasn't been paying attention and realizes there are three pages of religion and politics that she missed. It is great to see that discussions can be held without people "losing a grip". I think Amy will be very proud of everyone that participated in this thread.

When given a chance to discuss religion and politics, you guys post faster than the pages can be read. Three pages since 12:30 today. I have never seen so many replies so fast without someone giving something away.

I kept reading...waiting for the give away to come.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 8:16:57 PM Allan Songer wrote:

TIME OUT!

TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER, GO TO YOUR HIFI AND PLAY THIS RECORD
LOUD!!

e6_1.JPG

----------------

Fantastic record. I bought a copy on a whim (by reputation only) about a year ago, and it is really pristine. I'm not Christian per se, but for some reason it seems to get a lot of play on Sunday afternoons!

I'm tempted to offer my opinion on the nature of God, but two things hold me back. It will probably piss someone off and further the unfortunate turn this thread has taken. And, it's obvious that the human brain is incapable of fully grasping the scope of the divine, so I'm at best incomplete, and most likely a bit wrong in my point of view.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 7:43:50 PM coda wrote:

What is human warfare but just this; an effort to make the laws of God and nature take sides with one party.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
----------------

Best post in a long, long time.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 11:01:46 PM DeanG wrote:

"...it's obvious that the human brain is incapable of fully grasping the scope of the divine..."

But the heart isn't.
----------------

Absolutely correct. The trick for me is getting the heart and brain on the same wavelength. I don't think that the human brain in its current state of development is ultimately up to the task. It is worth the effort, I guess, more than anything.

It's hard to write about, but this subject is really everything.

----------------

On 6/23/2005 12:25:19 PM DeanG wrote:

I'm not going to tell you who or what because it's not my place to do that. But I can tell you it's important and you need to stop what you're doing and pray. You don't need to know, God knows. You don't need to know what to pray, because God will reveal to you what to pray. Set the next hour aside, and get busy.

----------------

It musta been me. I feel a Hell of a lot better tonight. Thanks everybody!

----------------

On 6/23/2005 11:04:47 PM ben. wrote:

Absolutely correct. The trick for me is getting the heart and brain on the same wavelength. I don't think that the human brain in its current state of development is ultimately up to the task. It is worth the effort, I guess, more than anything.

It's hard to write about, but this subject is really everything.

----------------

Well said, buddy.