I've wonder how the Synergy sounds compared to the Reference, been wondering that! Tried to listen to the Synergy at Best Buy but the wires were missing on them for a listen and no one wanted to hook them up, they were like, he's just a kid don't bother with him type of way since I still look like i'm in high school. 15.gif

====walking into a room and seeing this enormous wooden enclosure is a big wow factor.=====

I agree, for a guy that is, lots of girls don't but don't know why that can't see it like me! ;)

====Some of us "much older than you" guys like the Heritage line for nostalgic reasons. In my case a pair of Heresys were the first really good speakers I ever heard====

Yea, it's amazing how Klipsch was that good, way back then that still hold up today, all those years you guys where enjoying great sound! Wish my Dad would have had Klipsch speakers so I could enjoy that growing up but he had something else that was pretty good but not as good as Klipsch, his speakers big short coming was the HF range that just didn't do what the Klipsch does there.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KlipsDude,

For many females the reference/synergy/legend speakers were not very attractive due to the finish, shape, and size. This is another heritage advantage: they are very good looking IMO especially if you shell out for a custom veneer. My better half always felt my RF-5s were "tolerable" and didn't take up too much, but she helped me refinish a pair of Heresies in red mahogany and likes the way the finish looks. A nice heritage finish looks like an expensive piece of furniture.

===red mahogany ===

Now you're talkin! I love mahogany! I picked Cherry for my RF-7's but I really wish the RF-7's would come in mahogany!!! That would be my first pick over any finish, really beautiful to these eyes! Last year I checked to see if LaScala's came in mahogany but just the Klipschorn did. In the future, if I get a LaScala or Klipschorn, I wants it in mahogany for sure, love that finish man o man!! Good pick guy!

Oh yea, when I heard the Heresy's at Bry's in Marysville, Washington Klipsch Dealer, they did sound good! For me, if I gots those, I would put a sub with them, or would try first to see if I could get along without a sub first, should be the way I try first since I read some like it the way it is and don't need a sub and some said yes a sub. Those would save space, I could see how a girl should love that! I need to find a girl that likes BIG speakers! :)

There are psychological factors at work here too of course, like being a champion for what you currently own. The psychological factors working in favor of Heritage are very strong IMO, walking into a room and seeing this enormous wooden enclosure is a big wow factor.

I will let ya know when the HT is done!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I chose A.

***Do not reveal what it was!!***

I just wanted to know what all of you (that went) chose too.

Someone said at lunch..

A sounded like a live performance, I am "right there" speaker..

B sounded like a technology made were trying to "re create it" speaker.

Indy,

That was me. Friend of DPayne's - along for the

ride. Nice to meet you by the way, great

conversation at the Jazz Kitchen, - You and your wife are very nice

people.

there were alot of technicals behind the speakers, no doubt - but the

best speakers for me personally are the ones that don't sound like

speakers, like there is a box somewhere reproducing the sound.

they may SOUND fantastic, but they still are just a box reproducing the

sound. I can hear this, and it is a standard by which I

judge speakers....

Both sounded good - but, "A" definately sounded far more "real".

Sadly, I can't quantitate this. I just hear what I hear....

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't there for this little soire but from what I'm reading in this post, it seems like more people chose speaker "A" over speaker "B" due to a better presentation of the midrange frequencies and a more "live," "right-there" sound.

Speaker "A" has since been revealed to be a Cornwall III while speaker "B" was an RF-7.

Like I said before, it's all about the "magic" that is the midrange horn; a cone simply can't match a horn for those crucial midrange frequencies.

Long live the horn!!!

-H2G