Well Guys,

Since I wasn't there, I chose C out of process of elimination. Seriously, EACH of our brains processes input differently whether the it be sight or sound, hence there is no right or wrong. There are too many factors to list which would make a difference in perception. Obviously, this was not a truly controlled experiment.

9.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/11/2005 12:29:54 AM Seadog wrote:

I thought the A vs. B activity was really fun... it was cool to get to hear those two speakers in an A/B comparison.
1.gif

----------------

I really think that was the object of the A/B comparison. 1.gif

I'd like to compliment Klipsch for not only revealing upcoming releases to everyone who attended, but also giving them an opportunity of participating in the comparison.

I think they have realised how lucky they are to have such a faithful following... and are trying to strengthen that bond by including us in the development of "new" products.

Rob

----------------

On 7/11/2005 12:49:31 PM formica wrote:

----------------

On 7/11/2005 12:29:54 AM Seadog wrote:

----------------

I really think that was the object of the A/B comparison.
1.gif

I'd like to compliment Klipsch for not only revealing upcoming releases to everyone who attended, but also giving them an opportunity of participating in the comparison.

I think they have realised how lucky they are to have such a faithful following... and are trying to strengthen that bond by including us in the development of "new" products.

Rob

----------------

I agree.1.gif That being said with the closing of Ultimate Electronics (Which has had to have a tremendous impact on Klipsch) I don't have a Klipsch dealer to demo speakers. Before their closing (ULTE) I still couldn't hear all of the speakers I was considering buying. The Pilgrimage was an excellent opportunity to do just that. I hope the distribution network of these new products makes it out here to the boonies of Dallas/Fort Worth so I can listen to them again before purchasing.2.gif

Kudos to Trey for his post at the beginning of this thread. His honesty (or explanation) gave me a better understanding of my choice in the A/B test. {edit:I realize I have said this sentiment in every post in this thread, but it does explain the results of the test, at least for us newbies who don't wish to stay in that category and want to be informed testers!}

I enjoyed the test too. Im glad they gave us pros and cons of both A and B as I filled in a lot of good and bad of what I heard in both speakers.

After I found out what A was, I was shocked that it did not sound better!!! There was a lot about A I did not like and some fine details in B that I liked better than A.

It was a fun test, and I am glad that they wanted our input.

JM

I really enjoyed taking the A/B test. But, if I had to nail down the speakers that we can talk about, that I think sounded the best to me personally, regarding just music, I would have to choose the LaScala's that I heard at the mixer as well as the LaScala's Klipsch had in the Heritage Demo room. I believe I liked them even more than the Klipschorns next to them, but we did not listen to the 'horns for very long so that's not a fair statement. The LaScala's had the ability to made drum kits sound as if they were actually in the same room with you. Considering that weekend was my first exposure to the Heritage line, maybe I am discovering that I'm a LaScala kind of guy?? 9.gif As for movies, I found the THX Ultras to be tops with the Heritage surround setup to be a VERY close second. ***Note: The Heritage surround system used the THX Ultra subs.

Again, this is purely my own opinion, gents. I am not saying anyone else is wrong. 2.gif

The Ultra2 system was my favorite too...even more than any of the heritage setups we heard. I would attribute it mostly to the acoustics though. That HT room was deader than most of the other rooms and the heritage HT was untreated altogether.

----------------

On 7/12/2005 3:03:13 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Approximate new home completion date: 01/30/2006

um sure daymon... Good luck!!! How about we start a pool!!!...

It might be fun to guess the day?

----------------

That would be fun. I don't know if you noticed, but I keep incrementing the value. When I first changed my sig to that it was "10/23/2005", ah the fun of building.

I will post a thread in Architectural the day they start digging. Everyone can participate, I will offer a prize of some sort to the person who guesses closest.

Good idea Damon1.gif I hope they start your house soon.

In the Heritage room they had this year, I also did not think the Khorns sounded that good either. Not like they did in the past years. I think it was the room. It was very full of stuff, glass windows on the side and rear, and if I remember right, we were all behind the sweet spot. Where as the LAS's were angles out, pointing right at us.

JM

----------------

On 7/12/2005 5:04:50 PM j-malotky wrote:

In the Heritage room they had this year, I also did not think the Khorns sounded that good either. Not like they did in the past years. I think it was the room. It was very full of stuff, glass windows on the side and rear, and if I remember right, we were all behind the sweet spot. Where as the LAS's were angles out, pointing right at us.

----------------

I didn't think so either. In my case, though, I missed the special clarity and liveliness of good tube equipment on Heritage (I haven't heard Mac like you have on your Klipsch), so I for one didn't think changing the room would be the entire fix.

I also wonder if there wasn't something awry -- the one classical selection (which I brought) that Mark Kauffman played sounded unnaturally gritty.

I think if Klipsch does move toward marketing its Heritage line, the matchup at dealerships with the right electronics to make them sound good is going to be a major challenge.

Larry

It's a good thing for some to A/B these, it helps in showing die-hard Heritage users that the RF-7's aren't inferior to the Heritage, of what I come across in other forums, and sadly of all places, here in the Klipsch forum too, by other Klipsch family members! Sad, so very sad. Now they get to see just how good RF-7's are too!

damonrpayne said: Let's stop this game and admit that Heritage is superior.

See what I mean! Both Heritage and Reference are very good, non be's superior than the other, just be's different and you pick what best sounds to yo ears! I pick B, we are different, and louder doesn't mean better. All them Klipsch sound great, just us bone heads think certain one's sound a little better to us, so forgets the superior crap, it's all great, you just pick what you like more to yo liking.

Wow's I have to say some of you look very different than I had in my mind what you's looked like in my head online but them pics now gaves me a face to yo names! I's didn't realize most you guys are much older than me, would have been a bit intimidating for me had I's gone and no one my age there!! My hat off to ya long time Klipsch users!!

----------------

On 7/13/2005 2:19:32 PM KlipsDude wrote:

damonrpayne said: Let's stop this game and admit that Heritage is superior.

See what I mean! Both Heritage and Reference are very good, non be's superior than the other, just be's different and you pick what best sounds to yo ears! I pick B, we are different, and louder doesn't mean better. All them Klipsch sound great, just us bone heads think certain one's sound a little better to us, so forgets the superior crap, it's all great, you just pick what you like more to yo liking.

----------------

At the event, I was very impressed with the Synergy lines. The best buy line they showed us at a few hundred bucks a set sounded great.

Of course the synergy will not outperform Heritage, but that is not my point. My point is, Klipsch is doing things right. The sound of the low cost Synergy was very nice. There driver quality and sound is blowing away all competitors in its price points.

Some of us like our low midrange 350 - 700 hz to be horn loaded and prefer the Heritage, others like the two way sound.

For the record, Damon was a big time Reference guy until he heard my Heritage

1.gif

JM

----------------

For the record, Damon was a big time Reference guy until he heard my Heritage

1.gif

JM

----------------

I had a RF-5 with SVS sub setup but decided to go heritage after about a year of visits to JM's place. I'm still learning, I've flipped an entire HT over 3 times in the past 2 years, with my new house being the 4th incarnation.

BestBuy brands/Sony --> Rotel/Outlaw/RF5/SVS --> Aragon/Aragon/Heritage --> Bigger Heritage/Sound Treatments/Dedicated room

To me it is clearly better but that's my opinion. There are psychological factors at work here too of course, like being a champion for what you currently own. The psychological factors working in favor of Heritage are very strong IMO, walking into a room and seeing this enormous wooden enclosure is a big wow factor.

----------------

On 7/13/2005 2:19:32 PM KlipsDude wrote:

... I's didn't realize most you guys are much older than me, would have been a bit intimidating for me had I's gone and no one my age there!! My hat off to ya long time Klipsch users!!

----------------

Some of us "much older than you" guys like the Heritage line for nostalgic reasons. In my case a pair of Heresys were the first really good speakers I ever heard. At the time I couldnt come any where near affording them - but now I can! 9.gif