I chose A.

***Do not reveal what it was!!***

I just wanted to know what all of you (that went) chose too.

Someone said at lunch..

A sounded like a live performance, I am "right there" speaker..

B sounded like a technology made were trying to "re create it" speaker.

If we just heard one, I am sure almost all of us would have been impressed either way.

Somehow my gut told me what it was, and I smiled SOOO Big when I saw it later!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with Spaaaz. I chose B because they had a larger sound stage and I like that. I also thought that A was overbearing in the midrange. I guess what LarryC heard as better definition I heard as overpowering the highs and lows. I also attributed the relatively thinner sound of B to the difference in volume between the two.

You weren't alone in hearing better imaging from B, Mark. For my part, I thought A gave a better, more easily heard rendering of the background electronic organ, for example, and that the tambourine (I think that's what it was -- a tough test for speakers and electronics, whatever it was) was a little clearer, had more extended highs, and was a little less peaky than on B.

You're right, though, A was turned up louder.

Larry

In thinking about the test I also wonder how the speaker placement affected the sound stage? It could be that B had a more advantages location. I did hear someone else say that they thought A had better imaging so I also wonder if the listing position made a difference. (I was at the far left of the couch and it was comfortable enough that I did not move until they kicked me out of the room! 2.gif )

come on parrot how could you get tired of krall after only the 20th time that day.hehe

yes I was wondering if placement was the main issue,my guess would be that speaker A was on the inside with B being on the outside and thus having a wider soundstage right off the bat.It was cool to have klipsch let us in on such a test to begin with let alone show us the contestants afterward.9.gif I was also seated dead center on the sofa.

----------------

On 6/27/2005 12:54:36 PM scriven wrote:

I did hear someone else say that they thought A had better imaging so I also wonder if the listing position made a difference. (I was at the far left of the couch and it was comfortable enough that I did not move until they kicked me out of the room!

----------------

That was probably me. Sheila almost backhanded me after I asked her something in her ear on the couch.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts....

I sat on the couch in the middle and "A" did have better soundstaging, but I also thought it was too forward for my tastes. "B" lost all soundstanging and was very subdued in the mid and upper ranges. Given both opinions on A & B I was leaning (ever so slightly) with B, only with the assumption I would be listening to "it" for a couple hours at least. I was simply making a decision as to which one offended me the least.

I sat on the couch in the middle and "A" did have better sound staging, but I also thought it was too forward for my tastes. "B" lost all soundstanging and was very subdued in the mid and upper ranges. Given both opinions on A &

----------------

I favored A across the board and totally agree with this part of Tom's statement. I sat on the couch and to me A imaged much better but kind of sounded heavy and B sounded very thin and subdued and the image I heard made the B soundstage sound smaller vertically than A.

I thought 'A' was bass heavy and sounded like there was a badly integrated sub going with it. I did NOT think the midrange sounded very clear at all, and in fact, wrote that it sounded "muffled". I sensed the lower midrange was really dragging. Imaging sucked with that speaker too. I thought 'B' had an easy going and open sound with good balance.