• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is interesting.

Over the years I tried to discribe the sonic changes I heard everytime I modified my LaScalas and Klipschorns. I did so by using a lot of the same adjectives that you guys are using to discribe what you heard when listening to speakers A & B.

Now I know that you don't have a clue as to what my mods sound like. You hear and like different things, and the same adjective means one thing to one person and the opposite of that meaning to another person.

I really enjoyed reading your impressions of this speaker comparison, and how your opinions varied. It really gives me an idea as to what sound you like without even hearing the speakers that you listened to. Part of this is to to the fact that I know what speakers you own and how you discribed their sound in the past.

Too bad speaker A & B wern't at least level matched. Louder is almost always

perceived as sounding better.

I may have to get off of my butt and make the Klipsch trip next time.

I will say this.. The loudness levels when I took the test were very very close... Steve Phillips, also at no time, was confused over which was speaker "A" or speaker "B".

Keep em coming guys....

I think bottom line, IMO, it looks like many of us liked Speaker "A" and some did while owning "B" too, which was interesting!

----------------

On 6/28/2005 9:07:24 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I will say this.. The loudness levels when I took the test was very very close... Steve Phillips, also at no time was confused over which was speaker "A" or speaker "B".

Keep em coming guys....

I think bottom line, IMO, it looks like many of us liked Speaker "A" and some did while owning "B" too, which was interesting!

----------------

That was VERY interesting indeed!

Bill

Guest larouchea

spazz,

To field your point of the soundstage, they were setup in a stagger, so there was no difference in the distance between them. The stage would merely shift right to left.

I understand that where you were sitting in the room may have given you a better image depending on if you were in the left or the right side, however, because of Time, we didnt have time for everyone to sit in the sweet spot and do the tests one at a time.

We really appreciate all teh feedback that everyone offered.

I was unable to take the test, seeing that I set it up, so I unfortunatly do not have an A/B opinion. I could have had a bias.

Again, thank you all for your comments.

Dre

I too picked "B","A" sounded very very in your face. My wife liked "A" maybe I need to trust her hearing a little more I would be willing to bet that, had tube amplifacation been used the results would have been overwhelmingly the same.9.gif

Cheers, Martinez.... er I mean Patrick 9.gif9.gif

----------------

On 6/28/2005 7:35:54 AM Q-Man wrote:

Over the years I tried to discribe the sonic changes I heard everytime I modified my LaScalas and Klipschorns. I did so by using a lot of the same adjectives that you guys are using to discribe what you heard when listening to speakers A & B.

Now I know that you don't have a clue as to what my mods sound like. You hear and like different things, and the same adjective means one thing to one person and the opposite of that meaning to another person.

----------------

Without a doubt, it's hard to interpret the adjectives in perspective of another person's experiences. Like you said, the same words mean different things to different people... and without having heard the speakers, it's not always clear what they mean.

OTOH, when you know what is being compared, you can use the context to understand what is being described. In other words, in knowing what we don't like in a speaker... we can get a pretty good idea of what is being improved. You tweeter mod would be a good example... 1.gif

In any case, it's all good fun...

Rob

I picked "A"

I am in agreement that neither sounded the greatest due to the setup, but "A" was more to my liking. Everyone has different likes and dislikes so it is all up to the individual. I just happened to like "A".

Thanks again for an awesome weekend both Klipsch and Forum members.

I.T. Guy (Kevin) (changed from kmill99)

This is REALLY killing me. You are all evil. I know that each and everyone one of you are at fault for me not being able to make the pilgrimage. Yup, that's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

Ok, I'll stop whining, but I desperatiely wish I knew what you all were talking about! Anyways, I'm glad everyone seems to have had a fun time. I'm off to become a homeowner now!

Scott

colterphoto1

I chose A, the diffusity and proximal longitudinal liquidiness were much better.

Michael

=========================================

I think, perhaps, the other option Michael.. Might be perhaps Klipsch used a room with pumped in oxygen, to make us not only feel better, but "excite" the good hearing neutrons a faster pathway to our Bi aural experience, in that the hairs in our ears worked better to diffuse the bad neutrons and allow the good ones to make it faster to our eardrums where our brain with this information interpreted it as a pleasant wonderful fulfilling great sound stage experience.

That's my story, and I am sticking to it!!

I chose "A"

I chose neither, for I was not there.15.gif

----------------

On 6/27/2005 7:00:31 PM kenratboy wrote:

I choose C for Cry.

I want to cry for not seeing/hearing the new stuff and meeting all of you and seeing Klipsch itself in the flesh.

----------------

I agree with Ken...also can't wait to find out what exactly "A" and "B" were.4.gif