$30 for a pair Cornwall too much?

Looks like I am moving in the right direction. I Paid $300 for Chorus II, $150 for Forte, and now $30 for my Cornwalls.

The classified Ad: "one pair of Klipsch stereo speakers 14", dark wood laminate construction. The speaker comes with a removable face and built in subwoofer. $30 obo. "

Pictures were most definitely Cornwall (further confirmed by telephone when he read the rear labels to me) so I paid his $30.00 asking price.

They are type: CBR, consecutive serial numbers (W=1981), medium stain, minor marks on the cabinets, perfect grills, and most importantly - all original components in mint condition!

A-B them with a pair of Chorus II, and the Cornwall seem to have a little more low end.

Still looking for a pair of Klipschorns, but this deal is going to be hard to top.

congrats, that should cancel out any thing you may have paid to much for. there was a pair for 400.00 in west henrietta about 30 miles from me but of course i heard about them to late. you got those for about 820.00 less than the pair im picking up in PA. tomorrow. audiogon item 1125453746.

Man did you ever get Hosed! What a Doofus!!

You bought the laminated cabinet version! At 30 bucks the seller is laughing all the way to the bank! If they were the veneered jobs they woulda been worth like a $100 at least but that laminated crap .... Man you shoulda known better!

i dunno, for a guy who acquired such a great bunch of cars, i gotta agree with some of the others here . . . . . looks like you got screwed, and royally at that!

probably won't be able to show your face 'round here for awhile . . . but don't worry, people will soon forget . . . . . . . . for example, when is the last time anyone even mentioned the screwing garymd got when that guy unloaded his used khorns on him . . . . .we all know that if gary had been just a bit more patient, the guy would have paid him to take them away . . . but we don't mention it to gary 'cause we like him. Point being, people will forget and you will be comfortable showing your mug around here again. And if they don't forget, just sent the damn things to me and i will suffer instead of you.

You know I try to keep wy wife on top of what my stuff is worth just in case, cause she shows no intrest in what I have. Just for times like this! HA! She thinks I'm nuts for having a 2,000 cd player and such! Mabye I am. But She won't sell it for 50.00 bucks if I can help it!

Hmm, with these prices it's starting to get interesting to pay $1200.- for shipping to Holland!6.gif

No one has CW's here and I'd be having them for $1230.-. Mmm, not bad...4.gif

O, o, I don't like it when my mind goes mmm, thinking of audio. Makes me do crazy things! 11.gif

In other words: "To be continued". 9.gif

Congrats man! Tim.

----------------

On 7/2/2005 7:43:25 PM Corvette6769 wrote:

one pair of Klipsch stereo speakers ... $30
obo.
"

----------------

Greetings,

I think ya got hosed ... betcha ya coulda got 'em for $25!

2.gif2.gif2.gif

Congratulations on finding the deal of the century! Enjoy!!!

Take care,

Scott