Best all-time heavy metal scream?

nuclearay

Oh Yeah... no doubt here dude... Who can top a scream from the Metal God himself Rob Halford, take a listen to the beginning of "Ram it Down" lol... and NO, I don't wanna know what he's singing about :) Also, how can you top his singing on "Freewheel Burning" or "Eat me Alive" That's old school metal there man! Oh and BTW... the Priest will be stopping by here in Michigan in a month or so...can't wait!

Roger Daltry on Won't Get Fooled Again. That bloodcurdling scream that drifts over several seconds is well recongnized as the best all time classic rock scream in several contests on the subject.

Here's what Kiss's Bruck Kulick had to say about it in an interview:

"You had a chance to participate in Rock 'N Roll Fantasy Camp this year. I read your detailed report on Kulick.net but I'd like to know you're favorite highlight from it all.

It's funny because I had some friends over last night and we went to dinner. My friend Chad is a big music fan. I was sent a couple of weeks ago a rough un-edited DVD which was just a copy of this guy's videotape from the balcony at the House Of Blues of the show that the counselors did. First we did some cover songs. Then it was time to bring out Roger Daltrey from the Who for a small Who set. That was THE highlight for me, OK?! I couldn't believe it. The DVD brought back memories. I was sweating watching it. It was one of the most exciting things that I've ever done. The Who is one of those bands that I grew up learning so much from. To have a chance to perform with Daltrey was amazing. The set-list was great. It was only four songs but it was unbelievable. "Won't Get Fooled Again" is just one of those songs like "Rock 'n Roll All Nite." It's one of those rock song icons.

And the scream in that song is the best part...

Yeah! That's the same thing my friend wanted to see. The audio wasn't great on the DVD but you can hear him scream. We never got a chance to rehearse. It was really rough. You could see in the video how we were laughing. I really had to lead the tune. I spent an hour the night before - after a 14 hour day at the camp - trying to pick up on Townshend's essence of the original. I've listened to many live versions and he plays them a little different all the time. I was so thrilled and at the end Roger could tell I really got off on that. Roger's not really a leader and that's not to take anything away from him. He's one of the premiere rock singers of all time. Kinda like how Robert Plant had to follow Jimmy Page's lead, too. Daltrey really relied on Townshend and I realize that now after working with him. Townshend's always kinda leading the band. I had to jump up and lead that song even with a huge band"

Micahel

thankyewverymuch- I'm 'OLD SCHOOL' what can I say. Looked at a Best Buys CD ad the other day and didn't hardly recognize one band name. Feeling kinda grey about that...

Dragon, you and I are not so far apart on many issues. I publicly apologize at my brashness with you when you first came on board. Sometimes lengthy, usually blue, but mostly right on with your posts sir.

Michael